Rumour Rumours surrounding Lyon and Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton would be nuts to go after Lyon. He is finished in football after this contract ends, it should be clear to everyone.
If Carlton take Lyon off Freo's hands (+ his contract) I will personally get a Carlton tattoo and never ever say nasty things about them again.
They would forever be every Freo Fan's second team for life.

Please God, make it so.

Cerra just signed a two year extension.
Next.....Lachie Neal......
would love to see all the haters and Media people eat their words.

I wouldn't mind Lachie leaving.

It's obvious he wants a big deal and being a FA next year isn't going to change that.

If brissy give us 4 and 22 then I say take it.

Just like Simpson Buckley and Hardwick copped it too over the past 3 years. Media love a coach witch hunt.
He's a ******* cocksnap. Pure and simple. Face it.

The worst brand of football I have seen, condescending and sneering attitude towards the media, forces talented players to play his way rather than working with their strengths (could you imagine Cyril Rioli being drafted to a club coached by Lyon? He'd have quit within 6 weeks because Ross would have made him a tagger).

Dreadful bloke by all accounts, over hyped and overrated coach, and acts purely in the interests of Ross Lyon. Prick.

He's a ******* cocksnap. Pure and simple. Face it.

The worst brand of football I have seen, condescending and sneering attitude towards the media, forces talented players to play his way rather than working with their strengths (could you imagine Cyril Rioli being drafted to a club coached by Lyon? He'd have quit within 6 weeks because Ross would have made him a tagger).

Dreadful bloke by all accounts, over hyped and overrated coach, and acts purely in the interests of Ross Lyon. Prick.

It sounds like you have meet him personally, do you wish to share when this has taken place ? Or Have you just formed this opinion from what you see in the media. I just find it hard to see that he is as bad as your making him out to be. Players such as reiwoldt, Pavlich, Fyfe, Hayes, Goddard, McPharlin, Sandilands and even lachie Neale absolutely love him but you choose to form your opinion on what people in the media say such as Whateley, Hagdorn and Hardie who all have personal agendas towards him.

Yeah...NOT.

Why ? Cause the media says so
It’s pretty obvious why he is considering his options because the lions have come to him with a pretty big deal for five years which he has every right to consider and take . I just find it funny that it must be because of Ross Lyon or the culture of Fremantle when is more than likely just money.

Are gaff and Lycett leaving because of the culture of west coast in a premiership window ? Most likely not the answer is where the money is at .

Why ? Cause the media says so
It’s pretty obvious why he is considering his options because the lions have come to him with a pretty big deal for five years which he has every right to consider and take . I just find it funny that it must be because of Ross Lyon or the culture of Fremantle when is more than likely just money.

Are gaff and Lycett leaving because of the culture of west coast in a premiership window ? Most likely not the answer is where the money is at .
He's leaving for money and success i imagine, he wont get the last part under ross lyon.

You're the one who stated he absolutely loves Ross Lyon with no evidence or anything to back the comment but in the same breath say anyone who thinks different due to media reports and meetings between Neale and Brissy is wrong, again with nothing backing your argument up.
Gaff and Slyce (both FA's) going home and also getting more $$ id imagine, Neale doesn't even hail from QLD and isn't even a FA but looks like he'd prefer to be there than Freo, why do you think that is?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Freo I would let Neale go to Brisbane for pick 4.
Send pick 5 to Geelong for Tim Kelly.
Use pick 4 in the draft on a kid.

Id also give Lyon the ass. The bloke had his time and his time has gone.
Only a moron would give a top 10 pick for ball butcher Kelly.

Last edited:
You're the one who stated he absolutely loves Ross Lyon with no evidence or anything to back the comment but in the same breath say anyone who thinks different due to media reports and meetings between Neale and Brissy is wrong, again with nothing backing your argument up.
Gaff and Slyce going home and also getting more $$ id imagine, Neale doesn't even hail from QLD but looks like he'd prefer to be there than Freo, why do you think that is?

My opinion is that he is leaving for $$$ with the offer apparently for 5 years at $900 000. You choose to listen to the likes of Hagdorn who does anything to go against Ross Lyon because it suits your freo bashing theme but completely ignore other media such mark Duffield who writes for the west and does a podcast who this week stated “ lachie Neales love and strong relationship with Ross Lyon is making this a very difficult decision for him” but no he hates Ross Lyon according to you.

Just have a look at your own club no questions are asked when cox and Longmuir leave the eagles because Mitchell is such a lovely bloke. But bond and Lloyd leave freo and it’s ross Lyon and culture.

He has reasonable success tho 12 -15 two prelims and a grand final appearance or be it with out the ultimate success. The same for gaff and lycett in the Simpson era
The word you’re looking for is ‘albeit’.

My opinion is that he is leaving for $$$ with the offer apparently for 5 years at $900 000. You choose to listen to the likes of Hagdorn who does anything to go against Ross Lyon because it suits your freo bashing theme but completely ignore other media such mark Duffield who writes for the west and does a podcast who this week stated “ lachie Neales love and strong relationship with Ross Lyon is making this a very difficult decision for him” but no he hates Ross Lyon according to you.

Just have a look at your own club no questions are asked when cox and Longmuir leave the eagles because Mitchell is such a lovely bloke. But bond and Lloyd leave freo and it’s ross Lyon and culture.
So you say he absolutely loves ross lyon because the media (in your comment Mark Duffield) said so?
Cox and Longmuir leaving was the smart thing to do for there own coaching career's and according to Sam Mitchell it's for family reasons, no big conspiracy there.
How do you expect people who don't live in Australia let alone Perth get information?
At the moment (and for quite a while now) theres nothing good re Lyon at Freo getting out, do you have anything?

It sounds like you have meet him personally, do you wish to share when this has taken place ? Or Have you just formed this opinion from what you see in the media. I just find it hard to see that he is as bad as your making him out to be. Players such as reiwoldt, Pavlich, Fyfe, Hayes, Goddard, McPharlin, Sandilands and even lachie Neale absolutely love him but you choose to form your opinion on what people in the media say such as Whateley, Hagdorn and Hardie who all have personal agendas towards him.
I do speak with him on a semi-regular basis (Kids in sport) and I can tell you he is exactly as he comes across in his press talks. we've never had a footy related convo, but he is a very difficult man to converse with. many of these people you have mentioned haven't a bad word to say about anyone - why would they? they're either trying to maintain a clean boy image in the media or they play under his coaching. they would be stupid if they spoke poorly about him whether he's at freo or moves on. saying they absolutely love him is a bit childish don't ya think?

I do speak with him on a semi-regular basis (Kids in sport) and I can tell you he is exactly as he comes across in his press talks. we've never had a footy related convo, but he is a very difficult man to converse with. many of these people you have mentioned haven't a bad word to say about anyone - why would they? they're either trying to maintain a clean boy image in the media or they play under his coaching. they would be stupid if they spoke poorly about him whether he's at freo or moves on. saying they absolutely love him is a bit childish don't ya think?
It sounds like he thinks you're a bit of a dick.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Lachie Neale loved him so much he wouldn't be considering leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back