Rumour Jake Lloyd to the Suns on a big deal

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who wants him?

He’s had a fantastic year and you turn on him. Some supporter you are, we’ll happily take him.

How about you have a go at the guy in your forward line on 1.5m and did as much to help the Swans win tonight as the bloke selling hotdogs in the O’Reilly stand.

He’s had a fantastic year and you turn on him. Some supporter you are, we’ll happily take him.

How about you have a go at the guy in your forward line on 1.5m and did as much to help the Swans win tonight as the bloke selling hotdogs in the O’Reilly stand.

Lloyd is an awesome SuperCoach player, a very average seagull in reality.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Clearly injured. Had no agility whatsoever.
But when you have an 18 year old KPP in the forward line already and pretty much all other reasonable options on the sidelines injured, we had to roll the dice and play on him.

Buddy has won many games off his own boot for us so I’ll give him latitude particularly given his injured riddled season and a game he wasn’t fit to play.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Judging by the way Sydney people are talking about Lloyd in here they should be happy with a 3rd round pick for the replaceable role player that will probably win Sydney B&F

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think anyone would begrudge Lloyd getting a big payday. He's been a good player for us, but we'll take the Lynch compo pick and move on. We've got the players to replace him - and that spot is probably last on our list of worries to fill should Lloyd go.

o_Oo_Oo_O

I fully expect the AFL to give the Suns pick 3 for Lynch, whether or not the contract genuinely meets the requirements.

You're not getting pick 3 for Lloyd.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't think anyone would begrudge Lloyd getting a big payday. He's been a good player for us, but we'll take the Lynch compo pick and move on. We've got the players to replace him - and that spot is probably last on our list of worries to fill should Lloyd go.
Yeah doubt you'll get pick 3 for Lloyd. Knowing us we'd probably give it up if you play hardball but WCE first more likely.

All of this comes after the club already announced we weren't after Lloyd anymore though so not sure it matters

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
What are the swans main needs in the draft?

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
o_Oo_Oo_O

I fully expect the AFL to give the Suns pick 3 for Lynch, whether or not the contract genuinely meets the requirements.

You're not getting pick 3 for Lloyd.
OK. Then you're not getting Lloyd. Enjoy another season of nobody wanting to play there, and a dead last finish. Last one out, switch off the lights.
I don't think you guys can say no to a reasonable request for a high calibre player that says he wants to come (if he does). Besides you'd probably just draft another Scrimshaw anyway.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
OK. Then you're not getting Lloyd. Enjoy another season of nobody wanting to play there, and a dead last finish. Last one out, switch off the lights.
I don't think you guys can say no to a reasonable request for a high calibre player that says he wants to come (if he does). Besides you'd probably just draft another Scrimshaw anyway.
You’re yelling at a north Melbourne supporter there.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Inside mid, Nick Blakey and maybe a ruckman
Depends on who is on the board at pick 17 (current)

If someone like a Hately, o’halloran or Collier-Dawkins is available at 17 then potentially a live trade at the time.

17 and 2019 gc 2nd
For Lloyd and 2019 swans 2nd.

Can players be involved in those live trades?

You get Blakey with your current first and use points from your lower picks, get an additional first round talent in area of need and a handy pick upgrade for next year.

Values Lloyd at about pick 12 if we come bottom 4 and swans 4-8th

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Every good modern day hbfer gets labelled a chipscab. Even going back to champions like Andrew McLeod who copped the same accusation year after year.

This bloke shouldnt be underrated. Young player who hasnt yet hit his prime and followed up a damn good season with another where he was named AA squad and fell just short of AA. Consistent, and showed he can actually defend as well.

Standard issue situation where his next contract is vital for his career, and his management will use any leverage to maximise it. Swans often get used by other players in rumours about offers...no different to this. Without that massive offer in the breeze you dont have much bargaining power. Good luck to him.
Hope he stays, but tend to agree this would be one of the easier positions on the paddock for us to replace.

He's earnt a serious payrise and any club would need to pay overs (as per normal) to secure him. If GC can afford it, he would be silly not to take it.

Very highly rated prospect. Completed his apprenticeship. Not injury prone. Ready to fire. He wont be cheap.

Last edited:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Every good modern day hbfer gets labelled a chipscab. Even going back to champions like Andrew McLeod who copped the same accusation year after year.

This bloke shouldnt be underrated. Young player who hasnt yet hit his prime and followed up a damn good season with another where he was named AA squad and fell just short of AA. Consistent, and showed he can actually defend as well.

Standard issue situation where his next contract is vital for his career, and his management will use any leverage to maximise it. Swans often get used by other players in rumours about offers...no different to this. Without that massive offer in the breeze you dont have much bargaining power. Good luck to him.
Hope he stays, but tend to agree this would be one of the easier positions on the paddock for us to replace.

He's earnt a serious payrise and any club would need to pay overs (as per normal) to secure him. If GC can afford it, he would be silly not to take it.

Very highly rated prospect. Completed his apprenticeship. Not injury prone. Ready to fire. He wont be cheap.
The durable aspect is an undersold quality particularly for our injury prone squad.

Think he would provide a good rebound partner for harbrow.

Haven’t been sold on his defensive chops from what I’ve seen but you would know better than I.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

I agree totally.
Definitely worth 700K per season with his durability & upside.
A top 5 pick will get the job done. Far better player than Weller & at a good club too. Weller was acquired with pick 2 & Matera.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
You’re yelling at a north Melbourne supporter there.
LOL - Well all the more deserved then.:p Was probably supposed to be directed at that Barbarian fellow.
Anyway yelling is what caps lock is for - it was reasoned argument. ;)
With Hanners out the door, we can keep Lloyd, so it's the top 3 pick, or you don't get him I think.
He'd be good value for you at that too.
You know all the young players can't wait to get out of there and go accept the attentions of the thousands of WAG types queuing up for them in Melbourne. Can't say I blame them either. I'd be surprised if your hierarchy up there hadn't figured that out by now. They'll give up pick 3 for a player as good as Lloyd.

Back