Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange time to bump this thread, has certainly done enough this year to warrant a contract if it is indeed up at the end of the season.

We are now using him properly as a weapon from the half back flank. Will never have a 30 possession game but he doesn't need to if you can have the ball 15 times and cut through opposition defences with every one of them.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt as he is returning from injury but i legit don't see him taking the game on, in fact guys like Duggan and cole are prepared and do break the line. Those blokes are far superior defensive players as well. However, i do like his ball use in defence early in the year.

Jetta will get another contract but not on the same coin. We will also promise him a mentoring position post retirement IMO.

Jetta is still inconsistent and at times frustrating but playing him in defence and as a designated kicker from points is a smart move. A role I will add that I suggeated last season to get him and his pace / kicking into the game more.

I would offer two years on $400k plus a coaching contract when he retires. Rioli and Ryan look up to him as a mentor as would say Cameron or any other indigenous draftees.

I think he has been ok this year but not in the form he was since coming back from injury. That said, even with him not doing much we look a far better structured side with him back and providing that other kicking option with Hurn. He would want to lift his output a bit as he is inconsistent but he is coming back from injury so deserves a bit of time to find touch. My biggest criticism however, is how someone can be a professional AFL footballer and have the tackling ability of a three year old child. The technique is just terrible. Never any body behind a tackle when someone is coming towards him. It drives me nuts and there was a bad example of it on the weekend. I think Gov messed up the mark but Jetta's attempted tackle thereafter was horrible and a goal resulted. He needs to speak to Gaff and find out whatever Gaff has done (maybe it was simply opportunity for Gaff playing a different role) because my god has Gaff improved his contested/tackling game out of sight.

All that said, he will get another year if his contract is up assuming the form line so far this year persists as he has been much better this year and we have used him much better. He just frustrates because his best is sublime.

I think he has been ok this year but not in the form he was since coming back from injury. That said, even with him not doing much we look a far better structured side with him back and providing that other kicking option with Hurn. He would want to lift his output a bit as he is inconsistent but he is coming back from injury so deserves a bit of time to find touch. My biggest criticism however, is how someone can be a professional AFL footballer and have the tackling ability of a three year old child. The technique is just terrible. Never any body behind a tackle when someone is coming towards him. It drives me nuts and there was a bad example of it on the weekend. I think Gov messed up the mark but Jetta's attempted tackle thereafter was horrible and a goal resulted. He needs to speak to Gaff and find out whatever Gaff has done (maybe it was simply opportunity for Gaff playing a different role) because my god has Gaff improved his contested/tackling game out of sight.

All that said, he will get another year if his contract is up assuming the form line so far this year persists as he has been much better this year and we have used him much better. He just frustrates because his best is sublime.
He’s laid a few strong tackles and won HTB on one or two occasions this year - definitely an improvement, but it’s not consistently applied.

I reckon he’s had niggling injuries this year which have affected him physically and mentally. If he can stay switched on and keep that intensity up he can turn a match. Need players like that in finals

Actually kind of excited by the idea of Jetta taking Gaff’s role.

If, and it’s a big big if, Jetta can step up to the role, then boy oh boy it would be bloody exciting.

Very unlikely that this happens though, I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has stood up and won us crucial end of season fixtures for the second year in a row. Doubters, repent here.
Still squibbed 3 or 4 times tonight.

That little try and double toe poke was pathetic. Took a real player to create a contest in Hurn a second later to save that * up

Won us the Adelaide game last year by enough.

Won us the Port game by being one of the BOG throughout normal and extra time.

Won us this one in the last quarter.

Has paid off for sure. Hope he can win us the next two games...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back