Greenwoods bump on Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm surpised this hasnt been a topic of conversation. He chose to bump Rioli well off the footy in a situation Rioli wouldn't have expected contact. This resulted in a headclash and Rioli forced from the ground for a long period with blood streaming from a head wound. Has to be intentional, high contact and at least medium impact.

shouldnt have even been a free kick.

You won after receiving endless charity from umps and you still whinge

How far off the ball was it?

Edit: Just looked like a general collision, Rioli was running into a space, that Greenwood was in, without looking.

Last edited:
He blocked his run, as happens 100 times a game, and accidentally clashed heads. Greenwood was also off for an extended period of time with the blood rule. It comes down to "reasonably forsee the head clash happening" and I'd say absolutely not - off-the-ball blocks happen all the time.

Potentially I can see the AFL giving him a fine for careless-low impact-high contact but I'd disagree with that decision, however it is within the realms of possibility.

Anyone got vision? They showed a replay twice and both times I was looking at the wrong part of the screen.

I’ve seen another camera angle this morning and it Rioli was actually the one moving, Greenwood was stationary. Rioli went to take off forward after west coast won the clearance but was still looking at the contest over his shoulder. He turned right at the last minute and they both braced for contact and it was accidental head clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win graciously you flog!

Accidental head clash. As if Greenwood intentionally went in there to make head-to-head contact.

Its going to be looked at mate, nothing personal. Rioli was down for a long time, ended with a big cut and I dont think he returned to the ground. Looking at the incident again and the vision is inconclusive however Greenwood definately braced for contact and had eyes on Rioli who wasnt expecting it.

Last edited:
To be not even discussed was unusual

Hmmm Michael Christian ex Collingwood premiership player ....hmm

Anyone got stats in how many pies players suspended this year ...just curious ..it’s worth the question

Imagine if say glen jackovich was the MRP GUY or John wirsfold

THE VICS would bitch n moan everytime an Eagle was let off ....you better believe it

The AFL held an enquiry into free kicks at Optus by wa umpires ....three vics were sent to umpire this game ....PIES still lost AND pies fans still bitching about decisions in the game thread 3 dats later ...

To be not even discussed was unusual

Hmmm Michael Christian ex Collingwood premiership player ....hmm

Anyone got stats in how many pies players suspended this year ...just curious ..it’s worth the question

Imagine if say glen jackovich was the MRP GUY or John wirsfold

THE VICS would bitch n moan everytime an Eagle was let off ....you better believe it

The AFL held an enquiry into free kicks at Optus by wa umpires ....three vics were sent to umpire this game ....PIES still lost AND pies fans still bitching about decisions in the game thread 3 dats later ...

“Levi Greenwood cleared contact WRioli. Rioli is moving away from the contest towards the forward when a head clash with Greenwood occurs. At the collision, Greenwood was near-stationary and it was ruled his actions did not constitute a reportable offence.“

Typical pro WC bias that Greenwood was looked at, not Rioli given he ran into Greenwood...

“Levi Greenwood cleared contact WRioli. Rioli is moving away from the contest towards the forward when a head clash with Greenwood occurs. At the collision, Greenwood was near-stationary and it was ruled his actions did not constitute a reportable offence.“

Typical pro WC bias that Greenwood was looked at, not Rioli given he ran into Greenwood...

This.

Greenwood standing still and is crashed into..............and HE is the one who gets investigated?

Michael Christian should not be reviewing pies games

If glen jackovich was mrp you guys would be peeved at him for being the mrp officer

Michael Christian should not be reviewing pies games

If glen jackovich was mrp you guys would be peeved at him for being the mrp officer

It was an accidental head clash. One bloke was standing still and the other one wasnt watching where he was going and ran straight into him.

Christian got it right. Except he should have said BOTH players have no case to answer!!!

shouldnt have even been a free kick.

You won after receiving endless charity from umps and you still whinge
thought it was play on, head clash.
what a shock to see a docker's supporter pipe up and snipe an Eagle. Isn't your season over? Its cricket season now, bud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back