The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, it's your money, I was studying FT at the time too.

Just seems a random thing to complain about (RE FIFA not changing).
As I said before, 14, 15 and 16 were all largely the same on the PS3 so I stopped buying them as they weren't adding in things like International Champions Cup and them training growth games/sims like El Rondo etc which were PS4 additions. 15 probably was the best of them three FWIW, 14 easily the worst, 15 fixed up most of 14s flaws. 16 was just 15 with updated squads and kits etc.

I've seen 18 gameplay on YouTube with the managerial office discussions and stuff for transfers, looks ok.

Ultimate Team is a farce, has been for years and nothing more than a cash cow for EA.

RossFC merge these posts into the video games or off topic freds, feel like I'm derailing the fred now.

PES demo is out. It plays relatively well, very smooth and some great touches/movement etc. Anybody else play it? Zidane98?
Tried it earlier, agree that it feels smoother than last years. pre game cut scenes look good too. Obviously losing the CL and EL rights are a big blow though.

Tried it earlier, agree that it feels smoother than last years. pre game cut scenes look good too. Obviously losing the CL and EL rights are a big blow though.
Yup, agree on that. Probably the best one in many years.

I'll probably still avoid it if I am entirely honest, but if I knew FIFA was going to be rubbish, I'd definitely jump on this.

What I really liked is that it tracked the total amount of passes you made and how many were successful. I wish FIFA had that (only has it for individual players). Also did a cross with Iniesta from the left and he hit it with the outside of his right foot. It looked and felt great.

The game definitely has a lot of promise. Their display lets them down, and they've not bothered to fix the net/net physics in about 15 years.

Yup, agree on that. Probably the best one in many years.

I'll probably still avoid it if I am entirely honest, but if I knew FIFA was going to be rubbish, I'd definitely jump on this.

What I really liked is that it tracked the total amount of passes you made and how many were successful. I wish FIFA had that (only has it for individual players).

Another note is that I played as LFC vs Barca, gave Messi 2 free kicks outside the box.

I put a player on the goal line twice and both times the game wouldn’t let me clear the ball and he scored.

Another note is that I played as LFC vs Barca, gave Messi 2 free kicks outside the box.

I put a player on the goal line twice and both times the game wouldn’t let me clear the ball and he scored.
I made a sneaky edit after you quoted - The game definitely has a lot of promise. Their display lets them down though - as always - and they've not bothered to fix the net/net physics in about 15 years.

Yeah that's really weird. Hopefully that's just a glitch and is ironed out by full release (28th of this month).

I played as Barca, France and Liverpool twice. Liverpool felt the best to play with. Front three were very good and they were fun to play with. I scored a neat corner which I flicked on from Ox who found Hendo who nodded it in on at the back post, I really liked that considering how hard it is to score from corners on FIFA.

- In the CDM position player instructions, there is now an option to select for whether or not you want the player to cover the wings, or stay in central positions!
- In the Fullback player instructions, you can choose whether or not you want the player to make inverted or overlapping runs!
- Player touches and passing feel much more realistic, as you can't be facing the opposite way and complete a wild pass
- You can customize how many players you want in the box during free kicks and corners!
- Right when a player is brought in -be it through youth systems or bought- they can now be loaned out right away!
- BIG NEW CAREER FEATURE: After a season, the board decides whether or not they want to give you a transfer budget increase.
- Another big career mode breakthrough!!: i don't want to jinx it, but I've brought through about 20 players from my youth squad and only 1 has a bad work rate (Low/Low), but he's a striker and there are other ST in the game with that work rate. Work rate & weak foot problems over!
- There are many new player training skills, including some that train Sprint Speed and Strength which are 2 new trainable attributes!
- Each attacking and defensive style are fully customizable (ultra defensive, defensive, attacking, ultra attacking), and you can set different formations, tactics and instructions for each. Your default formation is your neutral mode in between.
- It is now possible to make a 4th substitution if extra time is reached in all permitting competitions. This screenshot is from a Champions League final- see substitutions in bottom left.

TAKE MY MONEY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- In the CDM position player instructions, there is now an option to select for whether or not you want the player to cover the wings, or stay in central positions!
- In the Fullback player instructions, you can choose whether or not you want the player to make inverted or overlapping runs!
- Player touches and passing feel much more realistic, as you can't be facing the opposite way and complete a wild pass
- You can customize how many players you want in the box during free kicks and corners!
- Right when a player is brought in -be it through youth systems or bought- they can now be loaned out right away!
- BIG NEW CAREER FEATURE: After a season, the board decides whether or not they want to give you a transfer budget increase.
- Another big career mode breakthrough!!: i don't want to jinx it, but I've brought through about 20 players from my youth squad and only 1 has a bad work rate (Low/Low), but he's a striker and there are other ST in the game with that work rate. Work rate & weak foot problems over!
- There are many new player training skills, including some that train Sprint Speed and Strength which are 2 new trainable attributes!
- Each attacking and defensive style are fully customizable (ultra defensive, defensive, attacking, ultra attacking), and you can set different formations, tactics and instructions for each. Your default formation is your neutral mode in between.
- It is now possible to make a 4th substitution if extra time is reached in all permitting competitions. This screenshot is from a Champions League final- see substitutions in bottom left.

TAKE MY MONEY.

They all same like pretty tame new features. Nothing exciting in there. Sounds like career mode is still s**t.

Just gone through my 6th seasons of my FM save. Probably the longest I've ever gone with a save come to think of it.

Season 1 - Montpelier choked at the end of the season to finish 5th after being top 3 all season. Won the French Cup. Laturo Martinez & Vincent Marchetti my main men
Season 2 - Montpelier finished 3rd with Martinez and Isaac Mbenza starring.

Season 3 - moved to Lyon who offered me the role and a 50m transfer budget. Main signings were my men Marchetti & Martinez and Predrag Rajkovic and finished 3rd and won the cup again.
Season 4 - added Marcos Llorente and Dennis Zakaria to the squad and finished 2nd by 2 points to PSG and made the EL semi final where I lost to Spurs (who'd won their 2nd league title in a row)

Season 5 - moved to Everton who had just survived relegation and had sacked Eddie Howe. 40m transfer budget + what I made gutting the squad saw me make 13 transfers over the two windows. Mbappe the big steal at 10m, the Ox on a free was also very good & Cesar Montes from the Mexican league was a beast CB alongside slabhead Maguire. Took Marchetti to my 3rd club too as a squad player. Basically my James Milner (can play CM, AM & LWB). Managed to finish 5th & win the League Cup.
Season 6 - moved on Pickford and Maguire and brought my man Rajkovic in, along with Kuki, Kurzawa and Bernat at LB, gun CB Doucoure from Gladbach & then some jet regens with 2 coming from my academy. Finished 4th and won the EL.

Pumped for my first season in the CL. Transfer budget of 45m. Think I'll bring in Ascibar who has a release clause of 15m for CL sides, already agreed to a deal with a Greek regen who was elite in the EL last season.

How on earth did that happen?
PSG went nuts early days and signed a heap of players in his position. His seasons 2-4 he never made more than 10 league games so he demanded a move. Stunted his progress somewhat but is still a very good player for me. Siggurddson at 34 my player of the year with 20 league goals just ahead of Kuki who got 19, a regen with 18 and Mbappe got 12

into the 2nd season of a game with amiens. downloaded a transfer update that was after the season ended, so kakuta was gone, but not updated enough so that tanguy ndombele had moved to lyon. and thank * for that. absolute monster in midfield. managed to survive in the league based off loans because the squad really is quite poor and the club has not much money. signed evra and danny on frees for a bit of experience. danny played quite a bit and was pretty good, evra declined badly quickly. bennasser and tarashaj, both who i've loaned in again were vital. dalot was loaned in in jan from united and i've loaned him again. scraped to 13th which i was pretty happy with, it was a relegation scrap squad.

2nd season has been a ridiculous start. 6 wins, 3 draws in the opening 9 games and im already halfway to 40 points. got more money this season so built some depth into the squad with purchases of nuno santos, hicham khaloua, brenner, figueiredo, pouplin, velasquez and gjermund asen. alena and harry wilson also come in as loans. im still waiting on that offer for ndombele but i hope to get 25-30 mil for him.

no idea really. their logo of two unicorns probably didn't hurt, along with it being their first season in ligue 1 ever in 17/18. plus i always find managing in france to be fun.
Yeah I like managing in France too. Find it easier there and in Spain than in Germany and Italy for some reason. I tend to start off somewhere that I've been to and liked which has lent me to Nice in the past and Montpelier this time around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back