2018 NHL Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

And it happened.
Orpik back with the Caps
Dodgy as if you ask me. Caps get Colorado to buy out Orpiks contract, with the understanding that it is highly unlikely anyone else will pick him up and then get him back a month later for a million and a half, thus keeping their player, who gets all the money he was going to get and they free up three million a year in cap space. Basically Sakic got asked to hold onto Orpik for a month as part of the Grubauer deal. Dodgy AF!

i thought the buyout rules were written so that if a player is bought out, they can't sign a contract with a team they've played for in the last 12 months to prevent this type of stuff, but clearly....

linden gone from the canucks. jim benning gets even more power. they really think they can make the playoffs. i want to die.

Phil looking to have a "bounce back year" after beating his previous best points tally for a season by ten points (92 points, previous best was 82 in 2011-12).

NHL.com is the worst.
Did you read the article? They were talking about his playoff production.

Phil looking to have a "bounce back year" after beating his previous best points tally for a season by ten points (92 points, previous best was 82 in 2011-12).

NHL.com is the worst.
Although Le Tang was pretty bad at times. It seemed like every time I watched the Penguins he was giving away turnovers from high risk plays on the blue line. Like it's good to be an attacking defender and all, but actually defending properly is also part of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHAHAH

That pacioretty trade is classic Bergevin.

Bailed the golden knights out of that Tatar deal plus gave them a really good goal scorer for peanuts.
I wouldn't call it peanuts.

Suzuki was a recent top 15 pick and his stock certainly hasn't dropped. Add in a 2nd + a decent middle 6 scorer. I think that is a fine return for Pacioretty who only had 1 year left on his deal and was being run out of town.

I wouldn't call it peanuts.

Suzuki was a recent top 15 pick and his stock certainly hasn't dropped. Add in a 2nd + a decent middle 6 scorer. I think that is a fine return for Pacioretty who only had 1 year left on his deal and was being run out of town.
Pacioretty has scored 116 goals his past 4 seasons and was captain of the team.

Tatar is a borderline top 6 - pacioretty is a top line scorer who has proven consistent 30-40 goal potential.

The pick and Suzuki do not outweigh how heinous that exchange of players is.

So, basically a proven producer in Pacioretty for a proven flop and an unproven prospect.

Proof that Bergevin is an idiot.

What did you expect the return to be when Montreal themselves back them selves into a corner? Considering this, I think they've done just fine.

asidhkasjHDBkushaUKHDja,msgveylwgahedkajvdwkavgukedyhawildhwa

SHARKS ACQUIRE ERIK KARLSSON!

For 2 roster players (DeMelo and Tierney played last year), 2 prospects (Balcers - unknown, Norris - 2017 First Rounder), a conditional first and a conditional second (2020, 2019 respectively). If he re-signs we also give up a 2nd in 2021, which is probably likely as DW doesn't do those types of moves.

Holy cow. 2 Norris D-men on the one team. PP unit of Pavelski-Thornton-Couture with Burns and Karlsson.. wow.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back