Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing Adams got dropped in the last. Totally agree with other posters he was huge and a loss in the last.
I agree he dragged the team in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. and his absence hurt us. i was a little surprised bucks didn't throw Greenwood into the centre. i know he was playing a bit in defense but the game had to be won..

Caro in fine form again on Footy Classified tonight in regards to the clip Adams made with the AFLPA regarding his mental health and wanting to leave GWS.

When I saw him go down, I knew it was going to hurt us. He is one of those irreplacable players. So important from the centre clearances. You just knew the moment he went off, that dreaded feeling started to set in.

But seems he is okay, thank goodness.

Yeah to lose him in that first minute of the last quarter (for a period of time) was so crucial. WC, and Yeo in particular, almost immediately got on top of us in the clearances/stoppages without Adams around the ball which in turn got their momentum and confidence up as well as giving the crowd more voice. They had a really good patch whilst he was off the ground and was probably the difference in such a tight game.

Yeah to lose him in that first minute of the last quarter (for a period of time) was so crucial. WC, and Yeo in particular, almost immediately got on top of us in the clearances/stoppages without Adams around the ball which in turn got their momentum and confidence up as well as giving the crowd more voice. They had a really good patch whilst he was off the ground and was probably the difference in such a tight game.
Yeah, it made all the difference. We were doing so well til then. You could just feel it change, and were unable to get it back.

Anyone still doubting this trade?

Still only 24 years old.

So glad he's now being played in the guts, where he was born to play. He and Bear are going to be working side by side at the coal face for years.

and Shaw is just about done

Yep. Heater is a star but he needed to go, for his sake and ours. We got a top shelf inside mid for him, who is still to reach his peak.

Agree. Heater getting Traded was best for Both Parties. Heater would not lasted much longer at Collingwood anyway either Left or Retired

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underrated. Had a massive game on Friday yet it went largely unannounced. Smokie for Norm Smith.

Agree, he was superb. 36 disposals in a prelim. Outstanding. Never takes a backward step. Players like Adams allow guys like Sidebottom and Treloar to do what they do but don't often get the credit they deserve.

Edit: Grundy is my tip for the Norm Smith, but if Adams backs up this week's performance he'd be a very worthy winner.

Yep, should have kept Shaw and used the pick we selected Freeman with to get Adams.

I'll have to disagree on keeping Heater, but that's a subjective call to a degree so fair enough to you.

Freeman was obviously a bad pick, given the injuries.

But that's history now. Adams is a Collingwood mid in a prelim and Heater is an ageing Giant. With any luck some fences will be mended and Heater will come back to the fold in some way.

Moot point since the two would play in the same backline.

Nup.

Crisp and Maynard have both passed Shaw.

Shaw had to go and as much as we all love him it was the right call. Besides, your theory of landing Adams and keeping Shaw has salary cap implications, meaning you need to retrospectively delist somebody from thet year. With the benefit if hindsight I'm sure thats an easy job of course. On top of that, at the time, the last thing the Giants needed was another top ten pick. They needed an established star so your assumption that a deal could be done along your lines is seriously flawed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back