Ventura Storm - Spring 2018 MEGATHREAD

Can Stormo do the Caulfield/Melbourne/Cox Treble?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
Group 1 winning superstar Ventura Storm (Stormo to his mates) returns to the track this Saturday at Caulfield. A crowd of
around 140,000 are expected to turn out to see Australia's most elite staying thoroughbred in action. Stormo, who was
extremely unlucky not to win all six starts last prep is said to be 'flying' by an inside source at Lindsay Park. This
first up attack at Caulfield will be followed by tilt at the Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup treble. He's likely
to start a short priced favourite in all of those races, now that he is FINALLY fully fit again.

But Wattsy, he's first up off 20 weeks surely he needs more ground? Haha that's a great question, but you are
a moron. You clearly didn't see what Stormo did to a listed field at Newmarket over 1800 off a 27 week break! Not
to mention the astoundingly brave 7th in this race last year, only beaten 3 lengths despite atrial fib, foot abscess, mucus,
tying up and had no luck at all from the 500>100, not to mention he was s**t on by a seagul!

These are the days we live for, to see the truly special ones go around. Borrow, beg and steal to get as much on as you
can because that $13 won't last. I expect him to be in the red by the jump. Gamble responsibly.

Now for a classic Stormo memory:

The day he 1.5L off Winx when he had shingles and a bad cold. Forge on brave warrior :hearts:
stormo.jpg

have been saving up waiting for him to go around. was worried #stormo and #boomo might run into each other but being trained by the hayes team they let #boomo go around a week earlier than planned for a nice trial and can release #stormo here without any threats at all. come 9am tomorrow should be deep in the red.

Legitimately* think he's a dead cert tomorrow. A fair chunk of the field are either also first up or towards the end of their preps and the rest not at his level.

*not legitimately

Any other year Stormo could do the treble however this year Latrobe will be in his way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stormo's great adversary Boomo has injured itself and is now out for the spring. A great shame, was looking forward to the Ventura Storm Vs Boom Tme clashh would have been better than Bonecrusher/Our Waverley Star.

Hopefully they can battle it out in Autumn

They a more likely to battle in out in a can of Pal

xgz9nkR.gif

Winx v#Stormo :fire:

I’d suggest taking a quinella in case Winx gets all the favours and falls in.

#TeamStormo
#StormoToHisMates

After hearing David Hayes on RSN this morning I wouldn't be so sure - he pretty much stated that he is only early on in his prep and this is not his grand final.

I think he is more likely to complete the coveted Caulfield Cup/Melbourne Cup Double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back