Roast Richmond supporter involved in bashing

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep it seperate. FFS. They didn’t bash these guys because they are Tiger supporters or because they were football spectators, it’s because they are thugs.
Sure if it was inside the stadium different story.
It was at midnight outside the Pullman. Take off the Tigers beanie and what do we do? We let the law take its course.
You want them not to have their MCC and Richmond (if possessed) memberships cancelled?

It doesn't matter what triggered them, the way they fought is inexcusable.

You want them not to have their MCC and Richmond (if possessed) memberships cancelled?

It doesn't matter what triggered them, the way they fought is inexcusable.

And their VRC, Melbourne Club, Royal Melb Golf Club, Foxtel, Uber memberships...what if they hadn’t been to the game and watched it in a pub with a beanie on? it was midnight, they weren’t walking out of the MCG. Might have got poleaxed at the Pullman?

It seems that because one of them had a beanie on the whole narrative shifts. It’s a straight forward criminal matter for the legal system to deal with.

And their VRC, Melbourne Club, Royal Melb Golf Club, Foxtel, Uber memberships...what if they hadn’t been to the game and watched it in a pub with a beanie on? it was midnight, they weren’t walking out of the MCG. Might have got poleaxed at the Pullman?

It seems that because one of them had a beanie on the whole narrative shifts. It’s a straight forward criminal matter for the legal system to deal with.

He can take his legal punishment, but there's a social cost to being a campaigner as well. If I owned a business and recognised these guys, I wouldn't serve them.

So they're at the Pullman an hour and a half after the game finishes, they're mcc members, they're dressed for the mcc, but yeh, they might have just watched it at the pub.
The MCC and RFC shouldn't want them as part of their clubs.

Open up their MCC spots to the next on the waiting list that most likely aren't absolute campaigners.

Does it matter where most of the alcohol was consumed?
Why would anyone want these people attending games of football if they turn in to violent psychopaths after a few drinks (or whatever they consumed)?

Organisations have a responsibility to society, most choose to not give a flying **** and ruin the world, while making some token gestures to show they “care”. As a football club is an organisation even more entrenched in community and society it makes perfect sense for them to show a level of care and denounce these people and make a stand against this kind of behaviour. Just like Foxtel would if they went to court wearing a Foxtel shirt and talked about how much they loved watching movies every Friday night during the case.

Once they have paid the penalty for the crime and rehabilitated to a point of being a responsible and appropriate citizen they are welcome to reapply for MCC or club membership as they desired and would be given another chance to be a decent part of the community.

So they're at the Pullman an hour and a half after the game finishes, they're mcc members, they're dressed for the mcc, but yeh, they might have just watched it at the pub.
The MCC and RFC shouldn't want them as part of their clubs.

Open up their MCC spots to the next on the waiting list that most likely aren't absolute campaigners.

Does it matter where most of the alcohol was consumed?
Why would anyone want these people attending games of football if they turn in to violent psychopaths after a few drinks (or whatever they consumed)?

I said “what if...”
that is, where do you draw the line? Anyone wearing Richmond merch that commits a crime...the club must act?
And what if they aren’t wearing merch but are members? Should the club now screen the 100,000 of us and clear out anyone with a record?
Just sayin...

I said “what if...”
that is, where do you draw the line? Anyone wearing Richmond merch that commits a crime...the club must act?
And what if they aren’t wearing merch but are members? Should the club now screen the 100,000 of us and clear out anyone with a record?
Just sayin...
I'm referring to the MCC. It's been reported that they are members of it.
I have no idea about if they have RFC membership.
If they are members of the RFC, I'd expect them to cancel them.

Case by case, you'd expect. This instance was in public view, recorded on camera, they most likely attended the game, they sported footy merch, it happened not long after the game.
I think that's a reasonable enough circumstance to warrant a cancellation of membership and that the AFL wouldn't want these people at games.
And no, I don't think there should be a screening of all members.

They are pillars of society who had their drinks spiked , the father is asking everyone to,respect their privacy in this matter it is all a misunderstanding , prepare for the wet lettuce leaf

I’m fully in favour of having their memberships revoked if it’s revealed they’re with the club. Serves as a warning to others that this behaviour is despicable. Apparently the criminal penalty falls short of an effective incentive to not be a cancer of society.

Case by case, you'd expect. This instance was in public view, recorded on camera, they most likely attended the game, they sported footy merch, it happened not long after the game.
I think that's a reasonable enough circumstance to warrant a cancellation of membership and that the AFL wouldn't want these people at games.

Fair enough. Good discussion.
Over and out.
#gotiges

I’m sure there’d be a high court injunction application followed by a hearing at the Australian Human Rights Commission if the MCC cancelled their memberships if they do have one.

They are pillars of society who had their drinks spiked , the father is asking everyone to,respect their privacy in this matter it is all a misunderstanding , prepare for the wet lettuce leaf
And they can't even use the defence they were abused as children as part of the excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These cowards roam when you get rid of your warriors. My mates and I gave it to a bunch of dogs in their mid 20s who were hassling a young couple after the cricket at the MCG in 1980. We were 17 at the time and put several of them to ‘sleep’. The weak pricks on the video wouldn’t have lasted 10 seconds. PC has killed off chivalry so instead of jumping in to help observers film this crap.

Couple of years ago I was in my office and witnessed a group of young blokes beat the s**t out of some poor drunk bloke.

I raced down stairs as the ambos were turning up. I gave a statement to the cops.

There were plenty of witnesses but I must’ve been credible or something because The guy that got attacked was in a coma so the detective called me in for a second statement. The detective said (and I quote) all these people saw it not one filmed it.

People should be getting their phones out any time stuff like this happens. The footage being shared makes people stop and think it also helps get a conviction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said “what if...”
Just sayin...
It's a fair point you make here. I'm sure there are plenty of people in every footy crowds who have done horrible things.

That said, it's a better than 50/50 chance that because of their social standing, they get off much more lightly than if it had have been someone of a much lower socio-economic background.

Also, it's been linked to the RFC and aussie rules footy whether we like it or not. If they identify as members, kick them out.

Those 2 brothers who king hit a random guy in the street a month or so back had their faces and business name plastered all over Facebook and most likely hurt their business badly.
A permanent MCC/RFC ban should be the least of their worries. They should be more worried about their jobs and if they go to jail or not.

Couple of years ago I was in my office and witnessed a group of young blokes beat the s**t out of some poor drunk bloke.

I raced down stairs as the ambos were turning up. I gave a statement to the cops.

There were plenty of witnesses but I must’ve been credible or something because The guy that got attacked was in a coma so the detective called me in for a second statement. The detective said (and I quote) all these people saw it not one filmed it.

People should be getting their phones out any time stuff like this happens. The footage being shared makes people stop and think it also helps get a conviction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. VIdeo footage is damning.

These days, as much as we'd all love to say we'd go in and smash campaigners you gotta be careful. ice, other drugs, grog.....are they carrying a weapon.

I’m fully in favour of having their memberships revoked if it’s revealed they’re with the club. Serves as a warning to others that this behaviour is despicable. Apparently the criminal penalty falls short of an effective incentive to not be a cancer of society.

I sit side by side with you on this. We may be wrong, but I don't want such an obvious connection with the game, the clubs mentioned and these horrible, senseless people. There is only a 50/50 chance they are both MCC and RFC members as not all overlap. One may be an MCC member and the others guests. They may all MCC members. It's an eclectic mix. It will take a massive divergence of perspective to convince me this is self-defence or something just as defendable. People can play with all the obscure possibilities they like, but if it turns out they are nothing more than better dressed thugs I don't want to see them at the MCC again - and if I understand the rules enough, they won't be there:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back