Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
I’ll miss you Robert Ayers. Left quite an impression in his time in Detroit

B45F3039-05D0-4FA3-9556-D281C14CCAB5.gif

OC Jim Bob Cooter

How predictable was the Lions offense on Monday? Here’s what Jets linebacker Darron Lee told reporters after the game: “We were calling out their plays as he was getting up to the line. We knew his signals. We knew everything. That’s just preparation as a defense. … It just seemed like we were in his head as a defense.”

Not ******* good enough. Time to let this hillbilly walk.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
Was so pumped to get home after work to watch our first game,but I got too impatient and took a sneaky look at the score after lunch. Could only bring myself to watch the highlights video, couldn’t put myself through that s**t on purpose. So ******* deflating.

What were the worst facets of our game? Outside the FOUR interceptions from Stafford,was he terrible? From reading, the play calling was piss poor again by the sounds of it. And by the looks of the pre season and our first game, the new DC isn’t much chop

Was so pumped to get home after work to watch our first game,but I got too impatient and took a sneaky look at the score after lunch. Could only bring myself to watch the highlights video, couldn’t put myself through that s**t on purpose. So ******* deflating.

What were the worst facets of our game? Outside the FOUR interceptions from Stafford,was he terrible? From reading, the play calling was piss poor again by the sounds of it. And by the looks of the pre season and our first game, the new DC isn’t much chop

when i said i haven't seen a s**t show like this in a long long time in the game day thread, J Shuttlesworth summed it up best for Melbourne supporter: "Kardinia Park 2011" .. This truly was Detroits 186.

Nothing was worse than the other:
- special teams gave up massive plays and TDs when punting and Prater missed FGs. Disgusting.
- defense smashed after the first play of the game, practically quit in the second half, Isaiah Crowell running for a 60 yard + TD summed it up best, this was a guy who couldnt run out of sight on a dark night for Cleveland last year.
- offense stunk, predictable Stafford passing game out of the gun even when it was half a contest in the first half. No balance in your game whatsoever. No idea why they even bothered getting Johnson in the 2nd round or paying Blount, refused to use them. Stafford got smashed constantly in the second half, Jets Line just mauling him, lucky to escape without a season ending injury

...Kenny Golladay your only positive for the day.

Otherwise its Chernobyl at Ford Field.

Best summed up by this photo that i saw on twitter

DmxywzPWwAA1Cnt.jpg:large

Last edited:

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
when i said i haven't seen a s**t show like this in a long long time in the game day thread, J Shuttlesworth summed it up best for Melbourne supporter: "Kardinia Park 2011" .. This truly was Detroits 186.

Nothing was worse than the other:
- special teams gave up massive plays and TDs when punting and Prater missed FGs. Disgusting.
- defense smashed after the first play of the game, practically quit in the second half, Isaiah Crowell running for a 60 yard + TD summed it up best, this was a guy who couldnt run out of sight on a dark night for Cleveland last year.
- offense stunk, predictable Stafford passing game out of the gun even when it was half a contest in the first half. No balance in your game whatsoever. No idea why they even bothered getting Johnson in the 2nd round or paying Blount, refused to use them. Stafford got smashed constantly in the second half, Jets Line just mauling him, lucky to escape without a season ending injury

...Kenny Golladay your only positive for the day.

Otherwise its Chernobyl at Ford Field.

Best summed up by this photo that i saw on twitter

DmxywzPWwAA1Cnt.jpg:large
I cant count how many times I’ve read the s**t about how Jim Bob and Stafford work so well together and the Lions need to keep Cooter as the OC, but what in the actual * has he added to the offence. Still have no running game and have been getting by on slot plays and the occasional flash of talent from Stafford

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I cant count how many times I’ve read the s**t about how Jim Bob and Stafford work so well together and the Lions need to keep Cooter as the OC, but what in the actual **** has he added to the offence. Still have no running game and have been getting by on slot plays and the occasional flash of talent from Stafford
He'll probably be fired after week 4.

I cant count how many times I’ve read the s**t about how Jim Bob and Stafford work so well together and the Lions need to keep Cooter as the OC, but what in the actual **** has he added to the offence. Still have no running game and have been getting by on slot plays and the occasional flash of talent from Stafford
We ‘supposedly’ upgraded our OL, draft Kerryon and get Blount yet refuse to establish any type of run game. What’s the ******* point? The Jets knew what we were doing before we did!

I’ve been following these Lions since Barry was drafted. I’ve seen a lot of s**t...but today was possibly THE worst all round game I’ve seen. Embarrassing is an understatement. The team flat out quit in the 3rd qtr. Fans walked out in disgust. ESPN ditched the game half way thru the 4th for the Oak/LAR preview! It was strange, pathetic and funny at the same time.

A new low for our SOL.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
We ‘supposedly’ upgraded our OL, draft Kerryon and get Blount yet refuse to establish any type of run game. What’s the ******* point? The Jets knew what we were doing before we did!

I’ve been following these Lions since Barry was drafted. I’ve seen a lot of s**t...but today was possibly THE worst all round game I’ve seen. Embarrassing is an understatement. The team flat out quit in the 3rd qtr. Fans walked out in disgust. ESPN ditched the game half way thru the 4th for the Oak/LAR preview! It was strange, pathetic and funny at the same time.

A new low for our SOL.
This is only my 4th season as a Lions fan and I want punch myself in the head sometimes for choosing this team. I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be following them for decades.

I feel like we’ve got talent in a bunch of areas on the field,but we don’t seem to be strong in any area. You’d think having an O-line of Decker,Ragnow, Glasgow, Lang and Wagner with Blount and 2 2nd round running backs would mean we’d have a half decent running game, but nah.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Patricia already lost the locker room, already on the hot seat...

===========

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports Lions veterans were "griping" about new coach Matt Patricia during training camp.

Specifically, the "number of rules put in place" and "how hard he worked them" during the summer. The Lions, of course, got blown out of the building in Patricia's debut on Monday. It will be a dynamic to watch as the season unfolds. Ex-Bill Belichick assistants have a way of flying too close to the sun trying to implement his ways elsewhere.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions

===========

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports Lions veterans were "griping" about new coach Matt Patricia during training camp.

Specifically, the "number of rules put in place" and "how hard he worked them" during the summer. The Lions, of course, got blown out of the building in Patricia's debut on Monday. It will be a dynamic to watch as the season unfolds. Ex-Bill Belichick assistants have a way of flying too close to the sun trying to implement his ways elsewhere.

Christ, 1 game in and this season looks like it could be a horror show.

===========

Looks like he needs to work them harder. Most coaches put in place rules and under CBA they train less than they ever have. Harden up.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matt Patricia: Lions will not accept the way we played
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 13, 2018, 2:12 PM EDT
gettyimages-10310628201-e1536862334315.jpg

Getty Images

Matt Patricia’s debut as the Lions’ head coach was an ugly loss to the Jets, and he says another loss like that would be unacceptable.

“No. 1, like I expressed to the team, to everybody, we’re not going to accept how we played the other night and we’re going to all get better, you know, and we’re going to move on,” Patricia said. “The best thing that we can do is turn the page and get going on the next opponent and really understand that there is a timeline to every week, unfortunately for us that we have to stay in, in order to have a chance to win or be successful that week. If we get that timeline thrown off a little bit, you can get behind, and unfortunately, I think, right now with the Monday night game in general you’re always a little bit behind getting into that next week. You’re going to have a shorter week, so for us it’s really we just have to get back to the grind and stay on top of our preparation.”

Patricia was hired to replace Jim Caldwell, the former Lions head coach who was fired after back-to-back 9-7 seasons. When you fire a head coach after back-to-back 9-7 seasons, you’re saying that 9-7 isn’t good enough. Which means you expect your new coach to get double-digit wins. And the Lions looked far from a 10-win team on Monday night.

It would be an overstatement to say that Patricia is on the hot seat if the Lions get blown out again on Sunday at San Francisco, as no head coach is on the hot seat after two games. But it wouldn’t be too much of an overstatement: The Lions’ ownership and front office has indicated that they believe the pieces are in place, starting with quarterback Matthew Stafford, for the Lions to compete right now. They weren’t expecting Patricia to have a massive rebuilding project. And they’re not going to accept Patricia inheriting a 9-7 team and turning them into one of the worst teams in the league, which is what they looked like in Week One.

Its all starting remind me of Mark Neeld (albeit the Lions have more talent than Melbourne did), the hot shot premiership assistant under the old genius Malthouse, gets the job and comes in fists a swingin', players detest him from day one, loses the playing group quick smart, team proceeds to be a steaming pile of s**t for the next season and a half.

David King called for Neeld to be sacked within the first six weeks (on field) of his coaching career, some in the NFL media looking set to beat that.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
God this team is ass. We have a top shelf receiving group,a pretty decent rotation of running backs and the odd decent defensive player in Diggs, Slay and Kennard, but outside of that we are ass.

Our linebackers are atrocious. Jarrod Davis has the WORST feel for reading an offence. He’s always running to the wrong spot or he’s way too late to pick up the play and when he does he usually misses the tackle. Our run defence is is continuously giving up big plays to 2nd string running backs and our special teams has turned to absolute poo.

Last of all......Stafford. What the *. He’s missing open downfield receivers by 4-5 metres. Cooter isn’t helping with these shitty short pass plays for 3/4 of the game. Doesn’t help that when we do go long Stafford is hot garbage. This is probably unreadable,but I’m half drunk and annoyed to *

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
God this team is ass. We have a top shelf receiving group,a pretty decent rotation of running backs and the odd decent defensive player in Diggs, Slay and Kennard, but outside of that we are ass.

Our linebackers are atrocious. Jarrod Davis has the WORST feel for reading an offence. He’s always running to the wrong spot or he’s way too late to pick up the play and when he does he usually misses the tackle. Our run defence is is continuously giving up big plays to 2nd string running backs and our special teams has turned to absolute poo.

Last of all......Stafford. What the ****. He’s missing open downfield receivers by 4-5 metres. Cooter isn’t helping with these shitty short pass plays for 3/4 of the game. Doesn’t help that when we do go long Stafford is hot garbage. This is probably unreadable,but I’m half drunk and annoyed to ****
Because Patricia's lost the lockerroom.

Today I saw a run game.

Today I saw our OL open up lanes.

Today we had our first 100yd rushing game in 4 half years.

Today we controlled the clock and the game.

Today we didn’t s**t the bed on national tv.

Today I’m happy.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Patriots nearly completed a deal to send Rob Gronkowski to the Lions back in April.

The Patriots and Lions were deep into trade talks leading up to the draft. Despite the presence of GM Bob Quinn and head coach Matt Patricia, both Patriots alums, Gronkowski had no interest in joining the Lions and even threatened to retire if the Patriots traded him. Gronkowski was contacted repeatedly by the Lions while trade talks were going on, but wouldn't answer their calls. This prompted a sit-down meeting with Bill Belichick, which eventually led to a reconciliation between Gronk and the Patriots. Already on a Hall of Fame trajectory, the 29-year-old's 77 receiving touchdowns rank third all-time among tight ends.
Related: Lions

Source: ESPN.com

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
I'm a happy boy. That was a complete win today and we dont have many of those. Not play s**t for 3 quarters comeback bullshit. Stafford was firing lasers again, the offensive line was boss, all the receivers got involved, the secondary didn't give up many big plays and we stopped the run as good as we have in a long time. The pass rush wasn't amazing, but did a solid job. Got to see a good coaching performance from both sides of the ball today.

Kerryon Johnson is alusive as * and has a nice burst of speed, we've got a gem. Blount is contributing nicely too. Making consistent gains

Back