Grand Slam 2018 US Open - The last GS with 32 seeds

Remove this Banner Ad

10194196-3x2-940x627.jpg

I'm laughing at the portrayal of her being a big baby, not her big lips. Because it's so accurate; she's a crybaby. Maybe Mark Knight should do a cartoon of you, I'd laugh at that too.

I've Polish blood, if you want to know. Stereotype me all you like, I'll just laugh it off. Like the average Australian who isn't offended about every single thing.
I don't mind her made out to be a cry baby, in fact I think its totally fine and funny, but making exaggerated big lips is a known racist insult that's been around 100's of years.So i agree, insult her tantrum and her angle of playing the sexist card, but leave the big lips out of it.

I don't mind her made out to be a cry baby, in fact I think its totally fine and funny, but making exaggerated big lips is a known racist insult that's been around 100's of years.So i agree, insult her tantrum and her angle of playing the sexist card, but leave the big lips out of it.
He exaggerates big lips on everyone though.
556693_0cd911df3db6f07697c95ec541cc3102.jpg

According to your logic, this is racist too. What about all the footy cartoony pics, Rioli has big lips there too. Ohhh no! Racist! Get a grip.

He exaggerates big lips on everyone though.
556693_0cd911df3db6f07697c95ec541cc3102.jpg

According to your logic, this is racist too. What about all the footy cartoony pics, Rioli has big lips there too. Ohhh no! Racist! Get a grip.
He doesn't exaggerate big lips on anyone else, Kyrgios, Abbott ect all had small lips in his cartoons. It's racial the way he did it.

I think it's a discussion worth having, that is the one about the cartoon. I just think this thread is not the place for it.

Sure let's discuss the issue with the umpire and Williams, but i think we are getting away from the tennis discussion here.

They're nothin like what he's done today at all. Here's an example of an old racist cartoon, can you see the simularities? Screenshot_20180911-210617_Chrome.jpg

They're nothin like what he's done today at all. Here's an example of an old racist cartoon, can you see the simularities? View attachment 557476

No! That is NOTHING like what Knight has done. As you can see from his other cartoons he has just depicted Serena the same way he has anyone else, in caricature form.

I just checked Mark Knight's twitter account, lots of abusive and factually incorrect comments but 45K likes for his cartoon (he typically gets in the 100s for some, less for others). As usual a noisy minority is getting all the attention. I can't believe some people are saying he must apologise, where are the calls for Serena to apologise? Really feel sorry for Mark Knight here, this attack on him has gone way too far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No! That is NOTHING like what Knight has done. As you can see from his other cartoons he has just depicted Serena the same way he has anyone else, in caricature form.

I just checked Mark Knight's twitter account, lots of abusive and factually incorrect comments but 45K likes for his cartoon (he typically gets in the 100s for some, less for others). As usual a noisy minority is getting all the attention. I can't believe some people are saying he must apologise, where are the calls for Serena to apologise? Really feel sorry for Mark Knight here, this attack on him has gone way too far.
I agree Serena should apologise to the umpire 100% but this cartoon stinks of the Herald Sun's usual dig at black people. Anyone who even works there has to be dodgy to begin with.Andrew Bolts bullcrap, Robbo's defending of drug cheats, Rita the racist Panahy ect it's a complete shitrag ,and most reasonable people would agree the face he's drawn of her is a tad racist if you know your history.Do you really think Mark 'far right' Knight had no idea what he was doing, GMAB mate!

I agree Serena should apologise to the umpire 100% but this cartoon stinks of the Herald Sun's usual dig at black people. Anyone who even works there has to be dodgy to begin with.Andrew Bolts bullcrap, Robbo's defending of drug cheats, Rita the racist Panahy ect it's a complete shitrag ,and most reasonable people would agree the face he's drawn of her is a tad racist if you know your history.Do you really think Mark 'far right' Knight had no idea what he was doing, GMAB mate!

I would say GMAB mate back to you, there is nothing racist in that cartoon and I don't believe he intended it to be. Would he have willingly wanted to get all the crap visited upon him that he is getting now? Not in a million years. Sounds like your hatred of the Herald Sun is influencing your opinion more than the cartoon.

I would say GMAB mate back to you, there is nothing racist in that cartoon and I don't believe he intended it to be. Would he have willingly wanted to get all the crap visited upon him that he is getting now? Not in a million years. Sounds like your hatred of the Herald Sun is influencing your opinion more than the cartoon.
Well this may help you ,'The National Association of Black Journalists called the cartoon "repugnant", adding, "not only does it exude racist, sexist caricatures of both women, but Williams' depiction is unnecessarily sambo-like.

"The art of editorial cartooning is a visual dialogue on the issues of the day, yet this cartoon grossly inaccurately depicts two women of colour at the US Open, one of the grandest stages of professional sports".

The Washington Post ran a searing post about the cartoon, calling it "racist" and reminiscent of the era of racial segregation in the US.

"Knight draws facial features reflecting the dehumanising Jim Crow caricatures so common in the 19th and 20th centuries," Michael Cavna wrote.

Well this may help you ,'The National Association of Black Journalists called the cartoon "repugnant", adding, "not only does it exude racist, sexist caricatures of both women, but Williams' depiction is unnecessarily sambo-like.

"The art of editorial cartooning is a visual dialogue on the issues of the day, yet this cartoon grossly inaccurately depicts two women of colour at the US Open, one of the grandest stages of professional sports".

The Washington Post ran a searing post about the cartoon, calling it "racist" and reminiscent of the era of racial segregation in the US.

"Knight draws facial features reflecting the dehumanising Jim Crow caricatures so common in the 19th and 20th centuries," Michael Cavna wrote.

Yep, have heard this quoted many times today. Needless to say I don't agree with it. Sambo-like, huh? Sexist AND racist of BOTH women??? What are these people seeing for crying out loud? Honestly starting to think this is just the pro-Serena brigade trying to distract from her disgraceful behavior but it's probably just the perpetually outraged Twitter folk with nothing better to do. Just hope the harm done to Mark Knight and his family is not irreparable.

Yep, have heard this quoted many times today. Needless to say I don't agree with it. Sambo-like, huh? Sexist AND racist of BOTH women??? What are these people seeing for crying out loud? Honestly starting to think this is just the pro-Serena brigade trying to distract from her disgraceful behavior but it's probably just the perpetually outraged Twitter folk with nothing better to do. Just hope the harm done to Mark Knight and his family is not irreparable.
Well threats by people is not on , but he knew what he was doing, he can't be that naive .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back