Rumour Jake Lloyd to the Suns on a big deal

Remove this Banner Ad

The durable aspect is an undersold quality particularly for our injury prone squad.
Yepp, but its not simply your club. Members/fans of ALL clubs usually fail to comprehend the importance of it.
What we HOPE for from draft picks is in reality mainly just a pipedream. Then you have the potential for being a lesser standard than hoped, then every chance of being injury prone on top of that.
Even with Pick 1 what are the odds of ending up getting a great player playing great footy during his prime ? Just look at Boyd McCartin OMeara Swallow Patton etc etc etc. The risk is always far larger than fans consider. The success rate is rather low.

What mitigates those odds is paying for them AFTER they;ve been road tested. It may cost overs but always makes sense. To crowbar a v good prospect away from another club is not cheap, but it is still a damn site less risky (and therefore cheaper in my mind) than any draft pick.

In Lloyds case he has missed 2 maybe 3 games in total out of 5 seasons since debut. He is just 24 and already played 12 finals...that is phenomenal. If GC are truly interested they will have already identified that experience as well. He forced his way into, then held his starting 22 slot on a list that has been difficult to break into.

24yo, 115 games, 12 finals (including 2 GF's) and hardly a day missed with injury. First class apprenticeship at a first class factory....and his 5th season has produced All Australian Squad.

By way of HBF comparison at similar age, Zac Williams at GWS is rated a tad higher right now, but this was his 6th season and has played only 2 seasons without missing massive chunks thru injury. They arnt much good to anyone if they arnt playing. Lloyd is younger but has mirrored the improvement in Williams, and without the durability issues.

He will not be cheap for Sydney to re-sign either. Its the most important contract he'll ever sign, and i dont have an issue with any bloke chasing the dream.

Yepp, but its not simply your club. Members/fans of ALL clubs usually fail to comprehend the importance of it.
What we HOPE for from draft picks is in reality mainly just a pipedream. Then you have the potential for being a lesser standard than hoped, then every chance of being injury prone on top of that.
Even with Pick 1 what are the odds of ending up getting a great player playing great footy during his prime ? Just look at Boyd McCartin OMeara Swallow Patton etc etc etc. The risk is always far larger than fans consider. The success rate is rather low.

What mitigates those odds is paying for them AFTER they;ve been road tested. It may cost overs but always makes sense. To crowbar a v good prospect away from another club is not cheap, but it is still a damn site less risky (and therefore cheaper in my mind) than any draft pick.

In Lloyds case he has missed 2 maybe 3 games in total out of 5 seasons since debut. He is just 24 and already played 12 finals...that is phenomenal. If GC are truly interested they will have already identified that experience as well. He forced his way into, then held his starting 22 slot on a list that has been difficult to break into.

24yo, 115 games, 12 finals (including 2 GF's) and hardly a day missed with injury. First class apprenticeship at a first class factory....and his 5th season has produced All Australian Squad.

By way of HBF comparison at similar age, Zac Williams at GWS is rated a tad higher right now, but this was his 6th season and has played only 2 seasons without missing massive chunks thru injury. They arnt much good to anyone if they arnt playing. Lloyd is younger but has mirrored the improvement in Williams, and without the durability issues.

He will not be cheap for Sydney to re-sign either. Its the most important contract he'll ever sign, and i dont have an issue with any bloke chasing the dream.

The main difference trading for a guy that is 25 and an 18 year old high draft choice is... you guessed it a 100 game or 200+ game career at your club.

That is of course offset by the factors you mentioned above.

I’d like Lloyd on our team, he’s a good - very good player entering the prime of his career but he is not a game winner nor match turner.

Would not part with pick 3 for him.

LOL - Well all the more deserved then.:p Was probably supposed to be directed at that Barbarian fellow.
Anyway yelling is what caps lock is for - it was reasoned argument. ;)
With Hanners out the door, we can keep Lloyd, so it's the top 3 pick, or you don't get him I think.
He'd be good value for you at that too.
You know all the young players can't wait to get out of there and go accept the attentions of the thousands of WAG types queuing up for them in Melbourne. Can't say I blame them either. I'd be surprised if your hierarchy up there hadn't figured that out by now. They'll give up pick 3 for a player as good as Lloyd.

Don't think the boys would be dreaming about melbourne girls when they've got Gold Coast beach babes on their front door step.

One week before your insipid mob.

We will wave to you on the way past as you slide down the ladder, and stay there the next 5 years.

The only waving your mob will be doing is from the deck of this as they bid you farewell. :D
9ea81b246e5d313df5902703029faee9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only waving your mob will be doing is from the deck of this as they bid you farewell. :D
9ea81b246e5d313df5902703029faee9

Very ironic to be copping it from a supporter of a club that actually was shipped off.

You're a nipsy club that will be swallowed whole by GWS once Franklin retires.

Last time i was in your piss ant city was when we smoked you guys in the semi in 15' and sent that cat Adam Goodes out the way he deserved. Was 70% North supporters that night as well.

You guys really are killing it

Very ironic to be copping it from a supporter of a club that actually was shipped off.

You're a nipsy club that will be swallowed whole by GWS once Franklin retires.

Last time i was in your piss ant city was when we smoked you guys in the semi in 15' and sent that cat Adam Goodes out the way he deserved. Was 70% North supporters that night as well.

You guys really are killing it

LOL . Yeah the players really hate living between the harbour and the best beaches in the world.
You guys love GWS and GC huh? Now there's a less supported club than norf.
Your club will do well in the incest state though, as they'll sell tickets per head, not per person.
Polec will enjoy his 1 mill per even more down there.

Oh yes he will.
Out of contract, replaceable player that is only even considering a move because we've offered him about 500k - if he was worthy of pick 3 you'd be offering him more than that yourself. He's a good player, but he's an outside accumulator. A dime a dozen sort and will get you a pick between 10 - 18 whether he wants to go to the Suns or to a Melbourne based club.

LOL . Yeah the players really hate living between the harbour and the best beaches in the world.
You guys love GWS and GC huh? Now there's a less supported club than norf.
Your club will do well in the incest state though, as they'll sell tickets per head, not per person.
Polec will enjoy his 1 mill per even more down there.

Enjoy your 2019 with no Parker, Hannebery, Rohan or Lloyd.

Bottom 4.

What an horrific move from Buddy in Hindsight. Cost himself two flags and will finish his career with a cellar dweller.

so if this does happen will that end the talk of how unfair free agency is, or is that only a richmond thing?

funny how it wasnt a problem when sydney were getting buddy, geelong dangerfield, hawks lake/frawley, or around how adelaide have been continually losing players

Llyod isn't a free agent, is just out of contract.

In regards to free agency I think it was always a problem that players would only want to go to higher ranked clubs, the issue is that the discussion has only really reared its head this year and the lower ranked clubs have decided they have had enough (In particular Gold Coast, which is actually quite understandable).

Previous years

Franklin - Everyone just wanted to talk about COLA
Dangerfield - It was all about Geelong's list management and the fact Geelong beat a host of other clubs to his signature.
Lake/ Frawley - About Hawks list management, both weren't in the same caliber as Buddy, Dangerfield and Lynch.

You still here mate?

Will you be able to field a team next year? Add Newman to the list of departures
So far the list of players reportedly leaving the swans (bar parker) would be of little concern to the 2019 starting team.

Looking forward to seeing who north land this year. Barlow just got delisted.. maybe he is your big fish..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back