Roger Federer is not the GOAT

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would it be fair to say that Novak’s very best exceeds Rafa and Fed? If you had to take either of the 3 in the best possible form I find Novak to be the one that’s pretty much impossible to beat.

Would it be fair to say that Novak’s very best exceeds Rafa and Fed? If you had to take either of the 3 in the best possible form I find Novak to be the one that’s pretty much impossible to beat.
Nah. Federer's shot variety at his peak eclipses Novak's "wall". Even when he was at his very best, Federer was able to beat him or get close. Some squandered opportunities too.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Nah. Federer's shot variety at his peak eclipses Novak's "wall". Even when he was at his very best, Federer was able to beat him or get close. Some squandered opportunities too.
All a matter of opinion i guess. On clay, djokovic best defeats Feds best. Wimbledon clearly federer, aus open i give it to novak and us open federer.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I think it's Fed then Novak and then Nadal. Nadal suffers from being so dominant on clay but not nearly as dominant on other surfaces. A huge % of his GS's are just French Open titles.

All three at their absolute best it's clearly Federer though. He can do it all.

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don’t think Novak will catch Fed. Would have to win half the GS over the next 3 years. Tough ask.

However if Novak were to win the FO again next year meaning he’d have won every GS at least twice adding to all 9 masters titles, then I think he’s in the GOAT conversation. Fed never took Rafa down at RG. Novak already has.

LuckyHawk

Premiership Player
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think Novak will catch Fed. Would have to win half the GS over the next 3 years. Tough ask.

However if Novak were to win the FO again next year meaning he’d have won every GS at least twice adding to all 9 masters titles, then I think he’s in the GOAT conversation. Fed never took Rafa down at RG. Novak already has.
Any player with a two handed backhand are not worthy to be considered the GOAT.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Because she has more slams than anyone currently playing ;)

Federer has some catching up to do, but father time will beat him!

This debate is still going!!
Williams is the GOAT in the women’s game, Federer is the GOAT in the men’s game. They cannot be compared as they play two different divisions.

Like it or not when most people ask who is the GOAT time in tennis they are referring to men’s tennis.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Williams is the GOAT in the women’s game, Federer is the GOAT in the men’s game. They cannot be compared as they play two different divisions.

Like it or not when most people ask who is the GOAT time in tennis they are referring to men’s tennis.
Don't stress, Xtreme is trolling us all. Until of course if Nadal passes Feds slam tally, then he will be called the GOAT from this poster.

Then they are ignorant sexist pigs, even the media wrote after last nights match that she has the right to claim GOAT status due to her amount of grand slams won :D

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Then they are ignorant sexist pigs, even the media wrote after last nights match that she has the right to claim GOAT status due to her amount of grand slams won :D

She has every right to claim that status, she is a superstar in her field.
I am a Federer fan and in my opinion I think he is the GOAT, but that’s just my opinion.
I am also a fan of Williams but I don’t think she is the best female tennis player I have seen in my lifetime, I have Navratilova and Graf ahead of her. But again that’s just my opinion.

Back