FTA-TV Band of Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

did the same with the west wing

i started downloading the Sopranos from edonkey after channel 9 started to move it around
At work today a couple of us were discussing the topic of shows getting moved around. WW and Sopranos both came up. Also how the scheduled start time would effectively be ignored because a reality show had run over time (likely intentionally). Always added at least 15 minutes to the end of what I was recording.

Networks know how long things run to the second. Delaying everything was done to stop people changing channels.

At work today a couple of us were discussing the topic of shows getting moved around. WW and Sopranos both came up. Also how the scheduled start time would effectively be ignored because a reality show had run over time (likely intentionally). Always added at least 15 minutes to the end of what I was recording.

when the networks started doing that, is when i started downloading TV shows and haven't watched free to air since

I'm gonna give The Pacific another crack. I remember enjoying the battle scenes even tho there was a lot of filler between them.
Pacific was much more enjoyable the second time round when I wasn't constantly measuring it up against BoB.

Just re-watched Hacksaw Ridge again too. Looks like I'm going thru another WW2 phase..

Pacific was much more enjoyable the second time round when I wasn't constantly measuring it up against BoB.

Just re-watched Hacksaw Ridge again too. Looks like I'm going thru another WW2 phase..

i thought it was better after the first viewing aswell

This show is easily a top 3 show for me of all time

Being a bit of a war buff I think this show gets as close as we are gonna get to what WW2 was really like in Europe

I still get tingles watching Spears run through the German line to deliver the message and then running back (not sure if this was true but was epic)

This show is easily a top 3 show for me of all time

Being a bit of a war buff I think this show gets as close as we are gonna get to what WW2 was really like in Europe

I still get tingles watching Spears run through the German line to deliver the message and then running back (not sure if this was true but was epic)

from what i remember from the book , i'm pretty sure this happened, been a while since i read it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely amazing

P.S Condolences for your Dog Mookie, always tough losing a furry family member

if you can, read the book, great read and more accurate and in depth then the TV series

and thank you, it is tough, especially when its not expected

On a rewatch now (3rd time only though), impressed more and more by schwimmer each time. Not bad for a cafe vagrant.
Schwimmer activated beast mode the one and only time in his career, was superb.

Like that day Simon Beaumont out of nowhere kicked 8 goals vs Collingwood!

Schwimmer activated beast mode the one and only time in his career, was superb.

Like that day Simon Beaumont out of nowhere kicked 8 goals vs Collingwood!

i thought he was a odd choice to play Sobel, when they announced it, but he did play him very well

Bump.

Anybody listen to the recent podcast series done by HBO for the 20th anniversary? I'm only on the 3rd one at the moment and it is fantastic. Already we have had confirmation about quite a few things that happened (including Spiers being the one that shot the prisoners on D-Day).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back