EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you blokes watch the 19s grand final between Westmeadows and East Keilor?
Yes, good standard game. 2 years in a row same teams in GF. 1 win each.

Both clubs got a lot to look forward to with these kids progressing to seniors.
A number of them already played seniors this year.

Players who stood out.

Westy - 4 , 9 , 36

EK - 59, 9 , 22

Yes, good standard game. 2 years in a row same teams in GF. 1 win each.

Both clubs got a lot to look forward to with these kids progressing to seniors.
A number of them already played seniors this year.

Players who stood out.

Westy - 4 , 9 , 36

EK - 59, 9 , 22
Yeah was a great game I thought 26 for Westmeadows was very good too. East Keilor was too good in the end but very exciting teams and Westmeadows and East Keilor will be very good in the years to come in the seniors

Anyone want to have a crack at some of the team of the year positions?
Anyone you think is a lock

Also have any clubs had there bnf night

Tough to pick when you only see teams a couple of times a year and they always seems to be heavy on teams in the finals.

Backs: Laurie, fynch & Rogers the stand out talls for mine. Kirk Lang (OP) also impressed. Rebounding defenders, maybe drake (hs)or dean Simmons from Tulla. Extra mid tends to sneak into the half back line like an arrowsmith.

Mids: Tulla 3 genuine chances in Prestia, Bartrop & mulvaney. Heard plenty of good things about bugeja but I only saw him for a half. Micalef, volpato from hillside in the mix. Harey still racking them up. Hobbs (TL).
Malual surely a lock for one of the wings. Chircop on a wing, really impressed for an u/19.

Rucks: the big footy ruckman dalla-libera? Philpot? No obvious stand out here. Adam Scott played more forward in the end so slot him in on the bench as the 2nd ruck.

Fwds: top 4 goal kickers all play genuine full forward (Limbach, young, church, Clare) fit 2 maybe 3 in. Penaluna has to be a chance with 40 goals from the pocket. Sammy Laffan most consistent small forward. Godden and Harward also a chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

League media release that div1 staying with 9 teams so Jacana back to div2.

Any news clubs will be placed into div2. Interesting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 7 team comp in div2 was a shambles. The league will be hoping they can bring in Sunbury and KP get back up. 10-9-9 gives all 3 grades legitimacy. A 9 team comp is at least a fair draw and the older boys enjoy the two byes I can guarantee you that!

Tough to pick when you only see teams a couple of times a year and they always seems to be heavy on teams in the finals.

Backs: Laurie, fynch & Rogers the stand out talls for mine. Kirk Lang (OP) also impressed. Rebounding defenders, maybe drake (hs)or dean Simmons from Tulla. Extra mid tends to sneak into the half back line like an arrowsmith.

Mids: Tulla 3 genuine chances in Prestia, Bartrop & mulvaney. Heard plenty of good things about bugeja but I only saw him for a half. Micalef, volpato from hillside in the mix. Harey still racking them up. Hobbs (TL).
Malual surely a lock for one of the wings. Chircop on a wing, really impressed for an u/19.

Rucks: the big footy ruckman dalla-libera? Philpot? No obvious stand out here. Adam Scott played more forward in the end so slot him in on the bench as the 2nd ruck.

Fwds: top 4 goal kickers all play genuine full forward (Limbach, young, church, Clare) fit 2 maybe 3 in. Penaluna has to be a chance with 40 goals from the pocket. Sammy Laffan most consistent small forward. Godden and Harward also a chance.

If looking for a wingman, Pettigrove from EK ( U19 ) was a standout playing wing in the games he played whilst not at the Jets.

The Jacana ruckman would be a chance.

If looking for a wingman, Pettigrove from EK ( U19 ) was a standout playing wing in the games he played whilst not at the Jets.

ruck spot will be the interesting one I reckon
Taylor’s lakes
Ek
Jacana
Ruckman all the standouts from what I seen

If u mean Philpott are people just mentioning him on his past performances. Only seen him twice this year but the Jacana ruckman & Hillside ruckman both clearly beat him.

Agree Onlooker. Been a star ruckman over the years however his best is well past him now. Appears to be unfit which could mean his injured or age has caught up with him. However been an absolute star in every league his played in. One of the best metro ruckman over the years.

The players might be but I would assume the clubs would be very happy. 10 sides mean 2 more games. 2 more games mean more $$$$$

I’d have to disagree, I don’t think the additional bar/canteen takings from one additional home game would cover the match payments and game day costs of two more games.

I agree that 10 is the ideal number but 9 teams is a lot better than a 7 or 8 team comp.

I’d have to disagree, I don’t think the additional bar/canteen takings from one additional home game would cover the match payments and game day costs of two more games.

I agree that 10 is the ideal number but 9 teams is a lot better than a 7 or 8 team comp.

That's what I thought I said.

Players may be disappointed to have bye but clubs will be wrapped as they don't have to find match payments for 2 additional games

Anyone want to have a crack at some of the team of the year positions?
Anyone you think is a lock
FB: Lang (OP) - Laurie (Tulla) - ???
HB: Simmons (Tulla) - Fynch (CB) - Arrowsmith (EK)
C: Malual (APW) - Bugeja (CB) - ???
HF: Laffan (CB) - Young (APW) - Hobbs (TL)
FF: Penaluna (APW) - Limbach (CB) - Church (HS)
Fol: Morrison (Jac) - Prestia (Tulla) - Micalef (HS) - Bartrop (Tulla)

Int: Kennedy (Tulla) - Ryan (APW) - ???

Have left 3 spots open - BP, Wing, Int
I think the the ones in BOLD are locks and wasn't sure with the last 3 positions so didn't want to just add any player. I'm sure I am missing a few that could take those last spots.

Will be interesting to see if some make the side that have missed a chunk of games. As always some will make the team on reputation not so much 2018 performance based! Guys like
Kennedy, Prestia (TM) Godden (APW) Bugeja (CB) Vistarini (TL) Young (JC) to name a few all quality players and there is others that missed a lot of games.
Ruck is interesting, i think Morrison will get the nod despite the jags struggling he was far and away there best player. No real standout this year in the ruck.
Hope Fynch(CB) FINALLY gets recognised, was the best full back thoughout 2015/16 but could not manage to get in the side. Tulla seem to get 3 blokes picked in the back 6 each year.

Any clubs had their presentations/best and fairest nights yet??
I know Craigieburn has their best and fairest tonight
Did I see jacana have had theirs already?? Who are the b/f winners from clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back