Remove this Banner Ad

Gruesome murder grips Tasmania as cops search for more body parts
A YOUNG couple has faced court charged with the alleged murder of a man whose torso was found in bushland days after he vanished.

A COUPLE charged over the gruesome murder of a young man whose torso was found in Tasmanian bushland at the weekend have faced a court packed with friends and family of the victim.

Jack Harrison Vincent Sadler, 26, did not enter a plea on a charge of murder relating to the death of 24-year-old Jake Daniel Anderson-Brettner at Launceston Magistrate’s Court today.

Dressed in black pants and a black T-shirt, Mr Sadler did not speak during the brief court appearance and was remanded in custody to reappear on September 11.

87744f971a90ea2e4217d20b06a60371

Jake Anderson-Brettner, 24 (right), with fiancee Katlyn Roney.

Jake Anderson-Brettner and long-term girlfriend Katlyn Roney got engaged in March this year.

In a separate appearance, Gemma Elizabeth Clark, 25, pleaded not guilty to a charge of being an accessory after the fact of murder.

Ms Clark made no application for bail and was ordered to reappear in the Supreme Court of Tasmania on October 15. Both hail from the Launceston suburb of Riverside.

The hearings were attended by more than a dozen of Mr Anderson-Brettner’s friends along with Tasmania Police Commander Brett Smith and lead investigator Detective Acting Inspector Craig Fox, according to The Mercury.

7ed4a706dd12a6e4f1e6f102a03a2469

Jack Sadler, 26, (left) and girlfriend Gemma Clark, 25, (right) have been charged over the death of 24-year-old Jake Anderson-Brettner in Tasmania.

Police have warned more body parts belonging to Mr Anderson-Brettner, including his head, may have been dumped in wheelie bins across Launceston.

https://www.news.com.au/national/cr...s/news-story/caa0ca8ce0dc6bdd7f40dcf0fa2e371e

Lisa Cunningham, 43, who grew up in Adelaide was taken into custody in Phoenix on Wednesday last week, after prosecutors told the court they had assembled enough evidence to seek her execution.

Prosecutors have framed the case against Mrs Cunningham, a suburban housewife whose husband is a former police detective in Phoenix, as one in which she acted as an evil stepmother towards her stepdaughter, Sanaa: torturing the little girl for poor behaviour by keeping her zip-tied to a large water container in the garage; forcing her to sleep on the patio or in the laundry; keeping her restrained for hours in a special shirt with extra-long sleeves, similar to those once found in mental hospitals; and failing to treat a serious wound on her foot that later turned septic.

Mrs Cunningham and her husband, Germayne, also charged with first-degree murder, vehemently deny the charges. They say they were doing all in their power to assist Sanaa, whose mental health problems, including schizophrenia, caused her to injure herself and lash out at others.

Mrs Cunningham is believed to be the only Australian woman to face the possibility of the death penalty in the US and the first Australian since Californian authorities hanged an Australian gunslinger during the 1850s goldrush.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...r/news-story/1360716f03a4209432ba79492f96264f

How can you protect your kids against this? What an appalling failure.

A ten-year-old boy who suffered critical injuries after being assaulted at a school in Sydney’s west will undergo a full medical examination today.

The boy was fighting for life when he was rushed to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead after an incident at Wattawa Heights Public School in Bankstown just after midday yesterday.

He remains in a critical but stable condition.

A spokeswoman for NSW Police confirmed an investigation has been launched and that doctors are trying to determine if the boy had a pre-existing medical condition.

A child cannot be charged with a criminal offence in Australia if they are under the age of 10.

Do we think this may be related PD? Or know who the man is assisting?
No idea. I don't recall anything in the media about missing people down that way in the last week. Maybe it's a recent event, but just as likely historical. It's near where Ian Collet was found, it's also a few kms from where Kerry Turner was found.I note that the Canning Dam road exits onto Albany Highway nearby. It's the sort of area where I could imagine Sarah Spiers being hidden for decades.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

No idea. I don't anything in the media about missing people down that way in the last week. Maybe it's a recent event, but just as likely historical. It's near where Ian Collet was found, it's also a few kms from where Kerry Turner was found.I note that the Canning Dam road exits onto Albany Highway nearby. It's the sort of area where I could imagine Sarah Spiers being hidden for decades.

I noticed the red dirt, looks like scoria and the same as where Kerry Turner was found. Young 14yo girl went missing about a week ago, Halle Williams from Safety Bay but there'd been some friction at home, I hope its not her.

Drone footage here is very good, they definitely have something.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/09/13/14/16/ashendon-homicide-squad-perth-bushland-search

It's Julie Ann Cooper I think.

Julie Anne Cooper had not been heard from since August 17, when police said she told family she would be out of contact for about two weeks.

It is understood the homicide squad took over the inquiry into Ms Cooper’s disappearance about a week ago.

Police do not think she vanished of her own accord and suspect she met with foul play

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...w-grandmother-julie-anne-cooper-ng-b88959920z

It's Julie Ann Cooper I think.

Julie Anne Cooper had not been heard from since August 17, when police said she told family she would be out of contact for about two weeks.

It is understood the homicide squad took over the inquiry into Ms Cooper’s disappearance about a week ago.

Police do not think she vanished of her own accord and suspect she met with foul play

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...w-grandmother-julie-anne-cooper-ng-b88959920z
Was hoping it wasn't her.
Bad outcome. This will distress another family.
A bit of a hike from Doubleview. I wonder what the connection is to Ashendon, if any?

This one is a bit 'there but for the grace of god' for me. I know the mother of this bloke a bit casually. She's a loving and I'm sure decent mum who's son just happened to be very disturbed and sometimes mentally ill. As the court has found he understood what he did and could have made different choices. I do feel for his family as victims as well.

OH turn it up- what a load of bollocks. This weasel has attacked and killed a defenceless ,innocent young woman on the street for a thrill kill and in anger at his own inadequacies in life. Rather than accept responsibility for his own pathetic actions he is trying for lesser sentence/soft billet in the nut farm with this utensil and bull story about demons and Razzy or Jazzy .
The coppers ,psychiatrists and gaolers are seeing so many variations of this with these pathetic weasels these days they have trouble keeping a straight face when transcribing it.
I do feel angry his family didn't hit the weasel on the head at birth and spare this innocent girl a grisly horrific death,and HER family a lifetime of unimaginable grief.
Return the death penalty .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coupled with the car getting sold and the above picture I could make some unflattering guesses as to the motivation

Shocking picture. I imagine the press pulled it from facebook but whoever posted it wasn't doing her any favours.

'Friends' don't post unflattering pics of their 'friends'.

Coupled with the car getting sold and the above picture I could make some unflattering guesses as to the motivation
Allegedly sold
Shocking picture. I imagine the press pulled it from facebook but whoever posted it wasn't doing her any favours.

'Friends' don't post unflattering pics of their 'friends'.
The picture is from the one distributed by WA Police when Julie Cooper was posted as a missing person back in the beginning of September.
https://www.communitynews.com.au/st...ice-concerned-about-missing-doubleview-woman/

This one is a bit 'there but for the grace of god' for me. I know the mother of this bloke a bit casually. She's a loving and I'm sure decent mum who's son just happened to be very disturbed and sometimes mentally ill. As the court has found he understood what he did and could have made different choices. I do feel for his family as victims as well.

Surprising how " Snazzy " or " Razzy" or whoever else is giving the orders inside these weasels heads never instructs them to mow the old lady on the corner blocks lawn for free, volunteer to pick up litter on the road verge,or help out at the local RSPCA on weekends.
Or maybe they do-but strangely the weasels find the will to overcome those impulses every time.
But saying "no" when old " Jazzy " suggests running down a mother wheeling a baby in a pram, or bashing a defenceless girl to death on the street....must obey "orders".....
Load of Rot.

Surprising how " Snazzy " or " Razzy" or whoever else is giving the orders inside these weasels heads never instructs them to mow the old lady on the corner blocks lawn for free, volunteer to pick up litter on the road verge,or help out at the local RSPCA on weekends.
Or maybe they do-but strangely the weasels find the will to overcome those impulses every time.
But saying "no" when old " Jazzy " suggests running down a mother wheeling a baby in a pram, or bashing a defenceless girl to death on the street....must obey "orders".....
Load of Rot.
Yeah, up there with the "demonic possession" excuses.

Forty seven year old Charlie Brandt murdered his wife and her niece before hanging himself. What most of his friends and family didn’t know at the time was that he'd killed before when he was thirteen years old.

He shot his pregnant mother while she was in the bath and his father who was at the basin. He attempted to shoot his sister Angela - who escaped. His mother died. Brandt was placed in a psychiatric facility, uncharged and was released one year later. Doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him. He and his family moved out of the state where no one knew about Charlie's murderous past.

Charlie Brandt

Carl "Charlie" Brandt (February 23, 1957 – September 13, 2004) was an American serial killer. A former resident of Fort Wayne, Indiana and longtime resident of the Florida Keys, Brandt committed suicide in September 2004 after he stabbed his wife, Teresa "Teri" Brandt, and decapitated and severely mutilated his niece, Michelle Jones, by removing her heart. An investigation by police concluded that Brandt hanged himself in Jones' garage after committing the murders.

It later came to light that Brandt had shot his parents – his pregnant mother fatally – in 1971, when he was 13; he spent one year at a psychiatric hospital before being released, and was never criminally charged. Because of this incident, and because of Brandt's efficiency in killing his wife and niece and his hidden obsession with human anatomy, investigators looked into the prospect that he had committed other murders since moving to Florida in 1973.

Police have positively ascribed up to six homicides to Brandt.

via Wiki.

The Whiskey Au Go Go in Fortitude Valley went up in flames after two drums of diesel fuel were set alight in the building foyer. Fifteen people died.

Police quickly arrested two men — James Finch and John Stuart — who were subsequently convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

But there is evidence others were also involved in the crime.

The new inquest is expected to examine why police at the time didn't investigate further, and why corrupt NSW detective Roger Rogerson was involved in the original investigation.

Rogerson, who is currently serving a life sentence for a 2014 murder, reportedly told a newspaper he has no "new or secret evidence".

But Queensland crime author Matt Condon, who is writing a book on the Whiskey Au Go Go tragedy, says one possible theory is that police were protecting someone.

"From my understanding and research, police didn't proceed because one of the unnamed individuals associated with the Whiskey Au Go Go firebombing was an informant to a very senior corrupt police officer," he said.

After being deported to the UK in 1988, Finch admitted at least two other men were involved in the crime.

One of the men he named, Vincent O'Dempsey, was convicted last year for the 1974 murders of Barbara McCulkin and her two daughters.

The prosecution argued his motive was to keep Barbara McCulkin quiet about his involvement in the Whiskey Au Go Go fire.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-24/whiskey-au-go-go-firebombing-new-inquest/10290416

A woman discovered dead just metres from a children’s playground was found partially naked with her hands bound and a collar around her neck.

It is still not known who the woman is or how she died after a council worker mowing the grass came across her at Buffalo Creek Reserve at Hunters Hill, on Sydney’s North Shore, on Wednesday about 7.30am.

The woman’s lifeless body was located with her hands bound by packing tape and a purple restraint around her neck.

There were also 20-metre-long drag marks found through garden beds and across pathways to where she was found.

It took several hours for investigators to confirm she was a woman.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/womans-body-found-hands-bound-collar-around-neck-090951966.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back