NEAFL 2018

billybunter

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2012
Caboolture
AFL Club
Fremantle
Max of 16 but it’s going to be about 8-10 depending on a few injuries and whether Nic Newman wants to play.

Thanks Grim for your reports through out the year, the below is not directed at you or your supporters just your sides footy departments weak attitude to the NEAFL.

Thanks Sydney Swans Reserves for playing or in this case appearing in another Grand final, the honourable thing to do would be last week let the AFL know and put Canberra on notice and told them if the seniors loose you can have our spot this week in the Granny they were the side that were the most consistent and they would have been the side that would have made the Sharks work!!!

9 listed players Swans that is a joke and a blight on the NEAFL.

Had the Swans Seniors been playing tomorrow then all hands would have been on deck I am sure.

The sooner the AFL reserve sides piss off and get into an National AFL Reserves comp the better IMO, they just treat this comp as a Joke.

I Hope the Sharks tear them a new "A" Hole and remind them that the NEAFL is taken serious for some of the sides and their supporters that put their hard work and effort in every week!!!!

I might have to have a re-think and start supporting local footy again next season, only problem for me is there is not much up side to this as W/Grange and Sandgate are not exactly setting the world on fire and its a cut lunch and a pizza to get to any other sides on a weekly basis from down town Caboolture.

I feel it will be a big night in Southport tomorrow night!!!! But the only up side to this game is the Swans kids have got something to prove and the other clubs recruiter's may find some players like they did in the Hornets v Swans G/F game who don't cut the cloth for the Coaching staff?

All of the outs were due to the NEAFL finals eligibility rules plus guys like Robinson and Towers who didn’t play in the semi were also ineligible

Newman is the only eligible Swan that isn’t injured (I assume) that won’t be playing. And that might have something to do with his pending trade to another team.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
[
Thanks Grim for your reports through out the year, the below is not directed at you or your supporters just your sides footy departments weak attitude to the NEAFL.

Thanks Sydney Swans Reserves for playing or in this case appearing in another Grand final, the honourable thing to do would be last week let the AFL know and put Canberra on notice and told them if the seniors loose you can have our spot this week in the Granny they were the side that were the most consistent and they would have been the side that would have made the Sharks work!!!

Had the Swans Seniors been playing tomorrow then all hands would have been on deck I am sure.

The sooner the AFL reserve sides piss off and get into an National AFL Reserves comp the better IMO, they just treat this comp as a Joke.

I Hope the Sharks tear them a new "A" Hole and remind them that the NEAFL is taken serious for some of the sides and their supporters that put their hard work and effort in every week!!!!

I might have to have a re-think and start supporting local footy again next season, only problem for me is there is not much up side to this as W/Grange and Sandgate are not exactly setting the world on fire and its a cut lunch and a pizza to get to any other sides on a weekly basis from down town Caboolture.

I feel it will be a big night in Southport tomorrow night!!!! But the only up side to this game is the Swans kids have got something to prove and the other clubs recruiter's may find some players like they did in the Hornets v Swans G/F game who don't cut the cloth for the Coaching staff?

QUOTE="billybunter, post: 57905592, member: 129356"]Thanks Grim for your reports through out the year, the below is not directed at you or your supporters just your sides footy departments weak attitude to the NEAFL.

I feel it will be a big night in Southport tomorrow night!!!! But the only up side to this game is the Swans kids have got something to prove and the other clubs recruiter's may find some players like they did in the Hornets v Swans G/F game who don't cut the cloth for the Coaching staff?[/QUOTE]

Billy Bunter..
oh so correct ... I went to the game today and Southport blew the Swans away all game ,,,Great stuff Southport ,, but not a good look for the Neafl and the structure of this comp. Crowd would of been about 2400 ,, so poor for this level of competition ,,, the QAFL grand final would attract more then that next week with 2 Gold Coast clubs involved in all finals yet the day is still to be played at Yeronga, ....if played at Southport I would predict some 2500 to attend but being at Yeronga ,, might be lucky to get 1800 ... What the hell is going on here with these decisions from QAFL.

Jeeeeezzz.. might be worth reading up on player eligibility rules before accusing the Swans of tanking the GF..

billybunter

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2012
Caboolture
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jeeeeezzz.. might be worth reading up on player eligibility rules before accusing the Swans of tanking the GF..

It has a lot to do with the eligibility rules I agree, but also poor management maybe or the Swans just treating the NEAFL as a joke as most AQFL sides have in the past - Injury and player management mean eligibility or lack of it, my point is it is a Grand Final in a second tier AFL Competition FFS so make it the spectacle it should be, they finished second on the Ladder again FFS but get belted up in the most important game for most associated of the year, Canberra would have been a far more worthier opponent in my opinion.

The Swans just cant get the job done when it counts again. Enjoy your time in the bottom half of the pack Swan supporters as it looks like the bubble is bursting!

billy, I'm sure the Swans would have loved to have the likes of Marsh, Fox and Rohan out there yesterday. If anything, it's the non-AFL clubs who are to blame for enforcing such a stringent eligibility requirement.

It has a lot to do with the eligibility rules I agree, but also poor management maybe or the Swans just treating the NEAFL as a joke as most AQFL sides have in the past - Injury and player management mean eligibility or lack of it, my point is it is a Grand Final in a second tier AFL Competition FFS so make it the spectacle it should be, they finished second on the Ladder again FFS but get belted up in the most important game for most associated of the year, Canberra would have been a far more worthier opponent in my opinion.

The Swans just cant get the job done when it counts again. Enjoy your time in the bottom half of the pack Swan supporters as it looks like the bubble is bursting!
How you equate the Swans only playing eligible players in the NEAFL GF with the overall club position is rather confusing.

If anything, it sounds like your anger should be directed towards those who set the eligibility criteria for AFL clubs in the NEAFL competition.

billybunter

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2012
Caboolture
AFL Club
Fremantle
How you equate the Swans only playing eligible players in the NEAFL GF with the overall club position is rather confusing.

If anything, it sounds like your anger should be directed towards those who set the eligibility criteria for AFL clubs in the NEAFL competition.

Bungwahl and Grim

No boys, my anger has always been directed to the AFL itself it is just Sydney's turn to cop the flack and the fall out this year.

The AFL are the only one's who are complicit in this sorry poor excused half baked competition called the NEAFL.

All of the Victorian AFL Reserve sides play with and against full lists every week including finals and the NEAFL has this youth type eligibility process to select players in finals to keep it fair for all clubs competing!!!!!

Again why don't the AFL get off the pot and create a true full participating AFL Reserve Competition Australia wide, a big boys Competition played before the senior game each week, this would keep all of their listed players, coaching staff, support staff and others together as a team and a club, supporters could go to the footy and watch the reserves and then the seniors or in the least at a venue near by to watch the reserves first and then on to the seniors.

All clubs in a true reserves comp would have the same competition rules as each other and the local AFL state competitions would be able to go back where they should be promoting and playing footy in each of their own States.

NT Thunder is the only loser from this but the footy season is played in the NT in our summer time, unless you are the NEAFL side then you play in the southern teams schedule when it is out of normal season in the North???????

I am sure if they (the AFL) did their homework, the costs for the NEAFL reserve sides would not be much different to the costs they were experiencing when they played the normal rounds of the past, but now the AFL Reserve sides only play the non AFL reserve sides once in a season - Is this a s**t system or what? A mainly 4 team AFL reserve Competition with 7 other clubs sides (3 from one state) they play once, what brain surgeon thought of this fully compromised system?

Give Queensland its footy back, 3 local AFLQ teams playing in a (lets call it what it really is) selfish, shitful NEAFL AFL 4 team Reserve's Competition full of compromise and forever tweaking to try and get something that will never be wright workable.

Please if this is to work then only play the final series for the Non AFL teams and this might make it somewhat a little more palatable than the compromised uneven talent that exists between the full listed AFL Reserve sides and the part time local state sides!!!!!!

The NEAFL only exists IMO to give the 4 Northern AFL Reserve sides a training match day simulator at the expense of the game itself, it is a disgrace how the AFL and these 4 teams themselves compromise our great game on a weekly basis.

It is time to fix it with a true AFL Reserve competition Australia wide.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Not to mention at todays Grand Final,,,the atmosphere was just boring , flat and no real passion coming from the crowd .
Sad to hear, I remember being at the 2011 (northern conference) gf between NT & Morningside at Redlands and that had a great crowd, lots of genuine supporters for both sides and plenty of enthusiastic neutrals.
Even the 2012 gf (Lions v NT) the next year wasn't too bad.
I think they should just break up the NEAFL and return to seperate Qld & NSW comps.
It was an ambitions and we'll intentioned project, but except for Aspley & NT no clubs in it seem to have a genuine supporter base.

Aug 21, 2012
Toowoomba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Bungwahl and Grim

No boys, my anger has always been directed to the AFL itself it is just Sydney's turn to cop the flack and the fall out this year.

The AFL are the only one's who are complicit in this sorry poor excused half baked competition called the NEAFL.

All of the Victorian AFL Reserve sides play with and against full lists every week including finals and the NEAFL has this youth type eligibility process to select players in finals to keep it fair for all clubs competing!!!!!

Again why don't the AFL get off the pot and create a true full participating AFL Reserve Competition Australia wide, a big boys Competition played before the senior game each week, this would keep all of their listed players, coaching staff, support staff and others together as a team and a club, supporters could go to the footy and watch the reserves and then the seniors or in the least at a venue near by to watch the reserves first and then on to the seniors.

All clubs in a true reserves comp would have the same competition rules as each other and the local AFL state competitions would be able to go back where they should be promoting and playing footy in each of their own States.

NT Thunder is the only loser from this but the footy season is played in the NT in our summer time, unless you are the NEAFL side then you play in the southern teams schedule when it is out of normal season in the North???????

I am sure if they (the AFL) did their homework, the costs for the NEAFL reserve sides would not be much different to the costs they were experiencing when they played the normal rounds of the past, but now the AFL Reserve sides only play the non AFL reserve sides once in a season - Is this a s**t system or what? A mainly 4 team AFL reserve Competition with 7 other clubs sides (3 from one state) they play once, what brain surgeon thought of this fully compromised system?

Give Queensland its footy back, 3 local AFLQ teams playing in a (lets call it what it really is) selfish, shitful NEAFL AFL 4 team Reserve's Competition full of compromise and forever tweaking to try and get something that will never be wright workable.

Please if this is to work then only play the final series for the Non AFL teams and this might make it somewhat a little more palatable than the compromised uneven talent that exists between the full listed AFL Reserve sides and the part time local state sides!!!!!!

The NEAFL only exists IMO to give the 4 Northern AFL Reserve sides a training match day simulator at the expense of the game itself, it is a disgrace how the AFL and these 4 teams themselves compromise our great game on a weekly basis.

It is time to fix it with a true AFL Reserve competition Australia wide.

Dead right Billy, i dont post very often but reading your proposal of the top 4 non AFL sides playing off in their own finals series is the way to go IMO, Southport, Aspley Syd Uni and Canberra as a top 4 from the final ladder positions would have been a far better finals series and would not result in a compromised GF that we ended up getting. It is no secret that the AFL sides have little interest in where they finish on the ladder in the NEAFL. Well done to Southport, best list all year and deserved to win the flag against anybody.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So the legend coach in John Blair retires leaving Aspley to find a new coach ...... food for thought here ,, what im saying is Daryn Cresswell has resigned as the coach of the Wodonga Raiders in the powerful Ovens and Murray league where he had very good results and is reported to be heading back to QLD .... Next Aspley coach maybe ???

pinocchio

Senior List
Apr 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the legend coach in John Blair retires leaving Aspley to find a new coach ...... food for thought here ,, what im saying is Daryn Cresswell has resigned as the coach of the Wodonga Raiders in the powerful Ovens and Murray league where he had very good results and is reported to be heading back to QLD .... Next Aspley coach maybe ???

He had a great coaching record down here at the Raiders as he did l heard coaching up on the Gold Coast, but my understanding he is taking of to London with the family for 2 months [ his wife is from there] and not coaching in 2019... Business is booming down here so expect him to stay and coach somewhere down here in 2020.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He had a great coaching record down here at the Raiders as he did l heard coaching up on the Gold Coast, but my understanding he is taking of to London with the family for 2 months [ his wife is from there] and not coaching in 2019... Business is booming down here so expect him to stay and coach somewhere down here in 2020.

Well, he is coaching in 2019. Be it the Wangaratta Rovers in the same comp as Wodonga Raiders.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tell you this for free....
Whoever he is coaching in 2019, get your money on early for them to be in finals contention !

Wang Rovers will be a huge challenge for him having in the past 4 seasons finished 9th,8th,9th and 10th .( 10 team comp.) They did not win a game in 2018. But they have a lot of promising youngsters,

Back