Are there any vegetarian or vegan footballers?

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Screenshot_20180915-083845_Instagram.jpg

Both dudes are vegan, the one on the left has never eaten meat in his life. The protein nutrient/deficiency is outrageously wrong and overstated (I haven't eaten meat for 3+ years and I'm fit and strong as ****).

Go check out Nimai's insta if you'd like to learn more. Also Rich Roll (vegan ultra marathon runner) has some great content.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Vegans are odd...

I always ask are those shoes your wearing leather or that handbag.....

Where does leather come from....

In terms of diet...you lack protien

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
View attachment 558823
Both dudes are vegan, the one on the left has never eaten meat in his life. The protein nutrient/deficiency is outrageously wrong and overstated (I haven't eaten meat for 3+ years and I'm fit and strong as ****).

Go check out Nimai's insta if you'd like to learn more. Also Rich Roll (vegan ultra marathon runner) has some great content.
Meat out, 'roids in.

So healthy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Vegans are odd...

Never eaten protien in my life

Vegans are odd...

I always ask
are those shoes your wearing leather or that handbag.....

Bolded part might be your issue

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Vegans are odd...

Yes, many vegans wear shoes and accessories that are non-leather.

Plenty of ways to get protien outside of animal products too.

It takes some research and planning, but if it's an idea you're really committed to, whether it's morally, or for your health, or to combat specific medical issues, you do the work.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Eating red meat is actually really bad for the human body. Majority plant based is the way to go not only for health reasons but environmental as well.
Rubbish.
If vegans want to partake in their particular lifestyle good for them, but they need to stop sprouting this absolute bullshit.

View attachment 558823

if you cant tell theres roids involved with those 2 men youre a fool.

Masher

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
seriously if you want to eat nothing but tofu and parsnips then that's your prerogative, I just don't see why 95% of the vegan population has to act like they're on some kind of crusade

Lack of meat causes their brains to malfunction

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rubbish.
If vegans want to partake in their particular lifestyle good for them, but they need to stop sprouting this absolute bullshit.

This is simplistic and moronic as suggesting vegans have no means for protein.

Hey look I love to hate on vegans just as much as the next guy... but the way forward is majority plant based diet. Vegetarians are the elite human beings.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
seriously if you want to eat nothing but tofu and parsnips then that's your prerogative, I just don't see why 95% of the vegan population has to act like they're on some kind of crusade
seriously if you want to eat nothing but mcdonalds and bacon then that's your prerogative, I just don't see why 95% of the non-vegan population has to act like they're on some kind of crusade

Back