Media Who's Moving In Trade Week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Intro.png

Hello and welcome to a QrownMedia production, where we'll be having a look at which players are ruoured to be moving in the upcoming trade period. In seasons past, the period has been underused but I have a sneaky suspicion that there are a number of players who will be keen to change clubs considering the events of the past 2 months. Without further ado, let's get into the trade targets.

Loonerty.png

Loonerty (EAST SIDE HAWKS)
Why is he leaving?: Hawks ex-captain Loonerty recently handed over the reigns of arguably the Sweet FA's biggest club to Agent93 earlier this week and his match thread involvement has declined from it's Season 25 levels. Ranked 10th in last season's Beez trophy, Loonerty is respected poster around the league but his captaincy abdication could indicate he is beginning to lose interest at the Hawks. A mid-season move might be just the thing he needs.

Where is he going?: The Roys loom as a likely destination for Loonerty. He started his career at the club and was one of their strongest posters before leaving for the Hawks, and Roys captain fitzroybowiedog has openly stated how highly he rates his former teammate. FBD is also looking for a successor, and moving back to his old club could reinstate the desire to lead in Loonerty. It's this writer's opinion that there would be no better candidate for succeeding FBD than Loonerty.

What would he cost?: After putting in multiple seasons of service, and with such a strong list already, the Hawks might not press for much compensation for Loonerty. Freakie might be a viable swap, but if the Hawks wanted to press for some semblance of a replacement, the likes of 3KZ is Football and young gun TedDougChris may be seen as options.

Blacky.png

Blacky (GOLD CITY ROYALS)
Why is he leaving?: It has already been reported that Royals co-captain Blacky is disillusioned with the club after multiple seasons carrying it on-field and a desire to move away from a direct leadership position. With 3121 premiers now sharing the load as captain, the time is right for Blacky to move on and away from the Royals for the first time in his career.

Where is he going?: The East Side Hawks fit Blacky's requirements perfectly - an established, respected club that doesn't require any additional leadership and strong enough off-field that Blacky can post as intermittently as he chooses. He'll be amongst Boys Club peers and as Fred Medal leader will likely replace a struggling full forward in Noobz0r.

What would he cost?: The Royals will undoubtedly look for some decent compensation for the loss of Blacky, and I've come up with two very viable trade targets. Firstly, ex-Swamprat spookism is someone I'm sure Cloud_ would love to bring across to the Royals, combining solid posting numbers with undeniable quality and regularly polls well in the Beez. Another possible target is por_please_ya, who is criminally underrated at the strong Hawks outfit and has multiple friends at the Royals through her Song Contest participation. Not only would she become a standout poster, she might rejuvenate the careers of some inactives and would be, in my opinion, a perfect fit for Gold City.

Sab22.png

Sab22 (WEST COAST WONDERS)
Why is he leaving?: One of the best rookies in the first few rounds, Sab22 has fallen away recently which has coincided with the Wonders off-field troubles in the past month. It might be a stretch to link the two events but nonetheless an EKA contender has fallen by the wayside and may want out of West Coast.

Where is he going?: The Bears have added 12 rookies this season but have not been shy about their admiration of Sab, with Barrybran and kdavva74 repeatedly appealing for a mid-season move and receiving positive responses. It seems like a strong atmosphere down at Vegas, with 4 up and about rookies and being ranked the best team to play against by multiple posters in the recent Mid Season Survey. Sab might just see this as an ideal location to build his Sweet FA career.

What would he cost?: The main downside here is that with so many rookies, the Bears lack currency to make this trade. Tommycash and Doctor Gero are probably the two that JWS could offer up, which makes this trade perhaps a bit unlikelier to happen with both those players holding spots in the leadership group.

GotTheGoodes.png

GotTheGoodes (SWAMPRATS)
Why is he leaving?: GTG had a stellar rookie season but has fallen off a bit in Season 26 and events surrounding the Swamprats have somewhat curbed his enthusiasm. He provides huge upside to clubs needing some more posting power and made the leadership group at the Swamprats in just his second season. Has plenty of room to grow as a poster and Sin City have enough depth to cover his loss should he choose to move on.

Where is he going?: A club that would be heavily pursuing GTG, and a club I feel he would enjoy his time at, would be the Gumbies. Fryer Tuck has done a brilliant job rejuvenating things out at the House of Gumby and the addition of GTG would be a huge coup for the club, boosting their posting stats and giving them genuine hope for the future considering FT is a young captain and they already have EKA winner BLERN. The lure of playing alongside his rookie mate is another upside for GTG and he could become one of the standout players at the club.

What would he cost?: The Gumbies will need to dig deep to offer up a trade for GTG, as I'm sure Ant Bear recognises how much he can bring when he is up and about. With a full squad list, Fryer Tuck can give up multiple options so I think the best bet is to try and trade the trio of veterans in SM, RU_ and Quivorir and hope reputation alone can convince the Swamprats to part with GTG.

PhenomenalV1.png

PhenomenalV1 (DRAGONS FFC)
Why is he leaving?: With HaroLad now just a distant memory, is time for Phenom to return to the club he used to call home? KohPhi has turned the club around, and although they are struggling on-field, off-field they continue to prosper and would seem like an attractive prospect. With so much conjecture around the Dragons, Phenom may have become disillusioned and his presence around the league has certainly diminished in the last 8 weeks. Now is probably the perfect time to be reunited with the Blues Brothers.

Where is he going?: As I've clearly mentioned, the Bombers are the ideal home for Phenom and could see him return to the form he had when he was last at the club. KohPhi isn't going to turn down another great poster and needs all the on-field help he can get.

What would he cost?: I'm going to bit a bit controversial and say that the Bombers should offer up Tony Lynn 15 as a trade for Phenom. The reasons for this are simple; TL15 deserves to be a captain of a club, and has the balls to take a struggling club and put them on their feet. I don't think he will be the next captain at Baghdad, I think it will be Matty411, and the Dragons, at least from an outside perspective, could really use a poster like Tony. Now, whether or not he would want to go is another question, but I think if anyone would have the guts to make that kind of move, it would be Uncle Tony.

lol @ Loonerty leaving
lol @ porps being underrated at the Hawks, let alone criminally.
lol @ Blacky (we've tried many times).

Otherwise this is your best thread.

Should have said outside of the Hawks.

Second time you've made a mistake revolving around porps this week Davros.

Do I sense a crush?

giphy.gif

Firstly, ex-Swamprat spookism is someone I'm sure Cloud_ would love to bring across to the Royals, combining solid posting numbers with undeniable quality and regularly polls well in the Beez.​
Is there another spookism that I haven't heard of?

lol @ Loonerty leaving
lol @ porps being underrated at the Hawks, let alone criminally.
lol @ Blacky (we've tried many times).

Otherwise this is your best thread.
In summary, I guess you're saying that this thread is about as accurate as Collingwood's goal kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could use a feminine touch to keep these boys in line. Do you need a full forward Filthy?

She's going nowhere. Already blocked you guys from nicking her in the last few months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back