Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Some of them are legit

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I'm a psychic, this stuff is real

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FBI uses them. Yes they do have a system in place to catch the frauds out

For those that don't believe you can never convince them. They will see what they want to see.

Science is an interesting thing. Some scientists believe in things proven to be bullshit and people believe them. No different to a psychic who gets things wrong

Frauds everywhere. Plenty of people convicted of crimes they didn't do

Had a chat with a woman who can astral travel about pychics working for coppers.

They have a responibilty to help catch sick campaigners but we both believed they should generaly stay out if people's business. It's a skill that has a boomerang effect

Anyway this chick started preying to some god one night and I felt this warm feeling on my left. She then said a ghost was standing right next to me on my left

here's a list of cases that used psychics with a couple trying remote viewing

https://m.ranker.com/list/fbi-working-with-psychics/jane-h-kyle

A project on remote viewing run by the CIA was legitimate. No idea what they genuinely got out of it though.

This guy wrote a book.

Joseph McMoneagle 'Remotely Viewed' The Iranian Hostage Crisis

In the late 1970s, retired army officer Joseph McMoneagle worked in secret for the US Government as a member of the Stargate Project. As part of the Project, he and others were trained in the art of “remote viewing,” a process in which a person travels through space and time... in their mind! However science fiction-like this seems, McMoneagle really did remotely view (in other words, spy on) a Chinese nuclear facility, the Iranian hostage crisis, and Lybian politician Muammar Qadhafi, providing the US Government with vital information after each of his 'trips.' After serving, McMoneagle went on to make many public appearances about how remote viewing can aid police investigators.

FBI uses them. Yes they do have a system in place to catch the frauds out
Really?
Can you show some examples where psychics have helped the FBI?

Science is an interesting thing. Some scientists believe in things proven to be bullshit and people believe them. No different to a psychic who gets things wrong

There is not a psychic in the world that has ever passed a scientific test to be correct more than a percentage offered by random chance

How can I prove a negative?

There has been plenty of test conducted and no psychic has passed any with more accuracy than random chance.
Usually psychics avoid such scrutiny, because they will be exposed

You want me to provide evidence but you can't provide any yourself?

That sounds irational

You should Google remote viewing. There is books out there from these people who worked for the cia and FBI

Yep that's right. Accredited agents of these departments

However your minds already made up. You won't do it.

That sounds irational

You should Google remote viewing. There is books out there from these people who worked for the cia and FBI

Remote viewing...one of the most debunked forms of psychic charlatanry out there

Because someone published a book about their 'experience' it doesn't make the event factual. Maybe they want to sell some books?

ha haaa I bet most of you here have either played with fortune telling cards for fun or seen a clairvoyant at a fair or something.

Which of course wasn't the point of this thread which was more about self professed psychics inserting themselves into crime investigations and the victims families lives.

ha haaa I bet most of you here have either played with fortune telling cards for fun or seen a clairvoyant at a fair or something.

Which of course wasn't the point of this thread which was more about self professed psychics inserting themselves into crime investigations and the victims families lives.

Its self delusion, self promotion or basic vanilla charlatanry.

Giving a glimmer of false hope to vulnerable and desperate people

'The body will be found by a body of water , near a fence, close to a quiet road'... yeah right

Giving a glimmer of false hope to vulnerable and desperate people

'The body will be found by a body of water , near a fence, close to a quiet road'... yeah right

That kind of exploitation is just terrible, contacting an exhausted family in distress with vague and confusing clues should be against the law. They have driven some people already on the edge, completely over it. I'm referring to Sarah Spiers dad, Don.

Hayley Dodd's mum has her own experience, she hired earth moving equipment on a psychic's clues. They found nothing.

"This spot has come up time and time again basically because this woman truly believes Hayley is there," Mrs Dodd said.

"What choice do we have, we started digging."

Hayley went missing while hitchhiking to a farm in Badgingarra in 1999.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...h-for-murdered-teen-hayley-dodd-ng-b88917686z

That sounds irational

Propaganda is still a good tool. If the CIA or FBI contained people with these capabilities there's no way any of us would ever know about it.

Propaganda is still a good tool. If the CIA or FBI contained people with these capabilities there's no way any of us would ever know about it.

Researches uncovered CIA papers from the sixties and seventies of remote viewers hired to gain intelligence on Russians.

They used aerial and sattelite photography to validate. First they were rigorously tested to confirm thier abilities.

And yes there is a massive disinformation program about this. It goes against Christian preaching and generally pychics bring out people's fear. You can see that fear in this thread with posters irational reactions to facts

Remote viewers can be attacked by others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The official line from the police is that they do not seek the advice of psychics. But they do.

On Australia's Deb Malone.

One skeptic swayed by Malone's insights is former Lake Illawarra detective Jeff Little. In 2005 he was investigating the murder of South Coast woman Maria Scott when he saw Malone on the TV program Sensing Murder, in which psychics offer clues to unsolved murders. He contacted her, hoping she might corroborate elements of the investigation.

Her information was so ''spot on'' that he included it in his brief to the coroner and recommended her to the Missing Persons Unit.

Little, now retired, says police do use psychics, ''even though they officially say they don't''.

''I just told [my superiors] I was going to do it and it wasn't going to cost them any money,'' he says.

''It's like any investigative tool; even if you get information from the public, you still have to support it with legal evidence.''

Little was surprised by Malone's accuracy. ''We gave her no information whatsoever, only that we were investigating the murder of a girl. She kept coming up with all these hits.'
'

So how to explain the discovery of Kristi McDougall's body by Cheryl Carroll-Lagerwey, who dreamed she would find Kiesha Abrahams at a certain spot in the park? Cheryl did not find Keisha but went straight to the remains of murder victim Kristie, two people have since been charged.

A Queensland research psychologist, Kathryn Gow, has analysed psychic readings for 20 years and is convinced a small number of psychics have a genuine ability. She suggests that as an Aboriginal elder, Carroll-Lagerwey was ''in contact with the basic elements of life and therefore can probably sense what has happened in an environment''.

The Australian Institute of Criminology advises the families of missing people to avoid psychics, saying: ''Desperation can force people to consider options they would never entertain in more stable times.''

It's something Don Spiers knows all too well. Since his daughter, Sarah, disappeared in 1996 - a suspected victim of Perth's Claremont serial killer - he has been ''hounded'' by up to 400 psychics and clairvoyants offering cryptic clues to her whereabouts.

''They had my emotions on a roller-coaster,'' Spiers told The West Australian in 2008. ''You'd be full of hope … and there'd be nothing. Why would they want to make it worse for me?''

High-profile missing persons cases tend to attract a flood of information from self-proclaimed psychics. In the case of Madeleine McCann, the three-year-old British girl who disappeared on a family holiday to Portugal in 2007, investigators have reportedly followed up 150 leads from mystics worldwide.

But Faye Leveson, whose son Matthew is missing, found that visiting spirit medium Debbie Malone assisted her family as they sought answers and struggled with their grief.

''No way in the world has she caused us any pain or sorrow - it's the exact opposite,'' Leveson says. ''She's made no promises that she will bring him home. No money's ever changed hands. She just offered to help.''

Up to 300 psychics contacted Don Spiers with obscure visions but he continued to take their calls reasoning one day, one of them may have the answer. Or one of them might be his daughters abductor offering cryptic clues to where she really was.

Nice troll Shelly.

The person who wrote the book about murdoch being innocent profited from the suffering of his victims and caused more pain.

Same as commercial media still pretending the family murders were a mystery when it's all out in the open what happenned. From these stories they get ratings and profit

However amongst all the rubbish is journos and authors who are real. Like pychics

Perhaps you may start threads denigrating those who move in on people's misery not just fake pychics?

To be seen as fair

It is easy to bash people who are different and without a voice. Real courage is exposing the truth no matter how big the lie

Can you provide some actual facts?
Not just hearsay and what people wrote about themselves in their own books

I've given you enough info for you to research on your own. There's not more I can really do. Considering the attitude. There is a few books and TV shows based loosley around this.

The show profiler and the show medium. Research the real people they are loosley based around.

I've given you enough info for you to research on your own. There's not more I can really do. Considering the attitude. There is a few books and TV shows based loosley around this.

The show profiler and the show medium. Research the real people they are loosley based around.

You haven't given any facts at all as yet

If you have facts, present them, as it is you who have claimed to have them. It isnt up to me to find some for you.
And guess what? I can't read your mind...

If you don't have facts to present,... don't brag that u do

You haven't given any facts at all as yet

If you have facts, present them, as it is you who have claimed to have them. It isnt up to me to find some for you.
And guess what? I can't read your mind...

If you don't have facts to present,... don't brag that u do

Cool story bro.

Nice troll Shelly.

The person who wrote the book about murdoch being innocent profited from the suffering of his victims and caused more pain.

Same as commercial media still pretending the family murders were a mystery when it's all out in the open what happenned. From these stories they get ratings and profit

However amongst all the rubbish is journos and authors who are real. Like pychics

Perhaps you may start threads denigrating those who move in on people's misery not just fake pychics?

To be seen as fair

It is easy to bash people who are different and without a voice. Real courage is exposing the truth no matter how big the lie

I thought the opening was quite balanced, not a troll. I've already admitted I think some people have a highly developed intuition and that a form of telepathy may soon be explained by science in quantum entanglement. You agreed earlier in a post that 'psychics' shouldn't interfere ... not sure I see a problem?

On Murdoch, I havent read any books making a case for his innocence but many based on fact not hunches have been written about others falsely imprisoned that have launched enquiries leading to their release. The law doesn't always get it right we've seen time and again and I have no issue in the re-examination of prosecutions that have sent people to prison for life. What greater misery than one injustice compounded by another?

It's been curious, taking an interest in the Claremont Serial Killer investigation over the years why psychics and theories of the supernatural get so much cred and press. WA police, that's the cops - seem more willing to entertain even embrace the paranormal to the point where it was suggested a raid was executed on a psychic's reading.

Part of the answer may be in that a very well respected former police officer was appointed Chaplain for WA police in 1992, the first employed full time to provide religious and spiritual support within the force. Barry May performed this duty for fifteen years.

He also believed in possession and performed more than twenty exorcisms, blessed houses and cast out demons. So, there ya go. He was a ghost buster.

https://amp.watoday.com.au/national...haplain-father-barry-may-20150321-1m4nan.html
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...-may-dies-ng-9fdeb421abb809284718e536569b6aa8

It's been curious, taking an interest in the Claremont Serial Killer investigation over the years why psychics and theories of the supernatural get so much cred and press. WA police, that's the cops - seem more willing to entertain even embrace the paranormal to the point where it was suggested a raid was executed on a psychic's reading.

Part of the answer may be in that a very well respected former police officer was appointed Chaplain for WA police in 1992, the first employed full time to provide religious and spiritual support within the force. Barry May performed this duty for fifteen years.

He also believed in possession and performed more than twenty exorcisms, blessed houses and cast out demons. So, there ya go. He was a ghost buster.

https://amp.watoday.com.au/national...haplain-father-barry-may-20150321-1m4nan.html
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...-may-dies-ng-9fdeb421abb809284718e536569b6aa8
You could use the Claremont case as a textbook example of the fraudulence and utter uselessness of psychics.

Given the enormous duration of the cases being unsolved and publicity given, you'd reckon all these real psychics would have been lining up to share their insights and catch the killer

Back