Sam Frost - traded to Hawthorn. Farewell Frostball

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Frost signing, and (hopefully) Lever coming in means we plan to play T Mac as a forward, which I like. Also puts pressure on Weid to force his way into the team, which is only a good thing.

I can see the mix being something like this next year.

Key/third defenders: Frost, O Mac, Lever.

Key/third forwards: Hogan, T Mac, Watts.

I think Frost signing, and (hopefully) Lever coming in means we plan to play T Mac as a forward, which I like. Also puts pressure on Weid to force his way into the team, which is only a good thing.

I can see the mix being something like this next year.

Key/third defenders: Frost, O Mac, Lever.

Key/third forwards: Hogan, T Mac, Watts.

Agree exactly. Pedo for depth, Weid (if still with us) would have to do something special to get a look in.

It's crazy how he doesn't get the media attention he deserves for the athlete he is.

How many 195cm 95 kilo key defenders have been the fastest bloke on most footy fields?
He is like having an extra man such is the ground He can cover. The fact that he has become a decent defender as well is a bonus.

Seriously apart from Buddy I can't think of a much better athlete going around.

It's crazy how he doesn't get the media attention he deserves for the athlete he is.

How many 195cm 95 kilo key defenders have been the fastest bloke on most footy fields?
He is like having an extra man such is the ground He can cover. The fact that he has become a decent defender as well is a bonus.

Seriously apart from Buddy I can't think of a much better athlete going around.

Just needs to reduce those clangers when the ball is in the air.

I think he has. His marking has improved but there's room to get better again. His positioning is much better since his spell in the Magoos as well. He's rarely caught between his player & the contest now.

Frosty will always chuck in the odd howler but what defender doesn't. Most things he does, good & bad, are spectacular so they'll be noticed. He's just great fun to watch

In cricketing parlance, he will always get you wickets but will go for the occasional six as well

You know what though, he did make a couple bad ones on the weekend but it was from being aggressive and trying to take the mark, didn't drop his head either. I'm loving frosty 2.0 ♥️

You know what though, he did make a couple bad ones on the weekend but it was from being aggressive and trying to take the mark, didn't drop his head either. I'm loving frosty 2.0 ♥️

I mean he literally dropped uncontested marks, lets not make out like he was flying into the pack and fumbled it. He has been good since he came in and I think if we can make the GF he'll be a really handy option against either the Pies or Tigers forwards, but I still worry about him defending in the air.

I mean he literally dropped uncontested marks, lets not make out like he was flying into the pack and fumbled it. He has been good since he came in and I think if we can make the GF he'll be a really handy option against either the Pies or Tigers forwards, but I still worry about him defending in the air.

Came 3rd man in on Omac and his man and got slightly underneath it on the Puopolo one. Other one wasn't great either. You are never getting a perfect marking game out of him but he's marking alot more and flying at the right times more often.

He's a key defender and a rebound defender. If he was better in the aerial contests he would challenge Rance as the best defender in the game. He's going to make mistakes but it's for the right reason. Petraccas kicking was awful at times on the weekend, Brayshaw had 6 disposals until the last moment of the 3rd etc.

If you accept that Frost is the poster boy for why the GBF thread exists you will relax alot more.

Came 3rd man in on Omac and his man and got slightly underneath it on the Puopolo one. Other one wasn't great either. You are never getting a perfect marking game out of him but he's marking alot more and flying at the right times more often.

He's a key defender and a rebound defender. If he was better in the aerial contests he would challenge Rance as the best defender in the game. He's going to make mistakes but it's for the right reason. Petraccas kicking was awful at times on the weekend, Brayshaw had 6 disposals until the last moment of the 3rd etc.

If you accept that Frost is the poster boy for why the GBF thread exists you will relax alot more.

I'm not scapegoating him lol, as I said I think he has been good since he came back in. I do worry about our defence still because both he and OMac have some pretty big flaws, god I'd kill for Lever to be fit this week.

I'm not scapegoating him lol, as I said I think he has been good since he came back in. I do worry about our defence still because both he and OMac have some pretty big flaws, god I'd kill for Lever to be fit this week.

Yes I agree with that, our midfield protects the * out of our defence. However the bulldogs key backs were Fletcher Roberts and that bloke that went to freo plus Dale Morris/Easton wood.

Tigers back 6 is miles ahead of everyone else, Grimes and Astbury are guns and I rate Vlastuin really highly.

Lever would be massive rn, his reading of the play would hell protect Omac and Frost even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumbo the Elephant. Its a Disney movie I'm pretty sure
Correct, released by Disney in 1941.

I always thought it was stupid though they named the elephant dumbo, but then again i don't try hard to understand the times that the movie is dated too. Like the casual racism in old Disney movies, Yeah no thanks

This is bonkers, i've heard it before but it's really taken on a new life now that they're our FB, CHB and leading HFF/Linkman. AND we still got our hands on the illusive Pat Mckenna
Elusive**

Wait why's he called dumbo? I don't get it
Correct, released by Disney in 1941.

I always thought it was stupid though they named the elephant dumbo, but then again i don't try hard to understand the times that the movie is dated too. Like the casual racism in old Disney movies, Yeah no thanks

Don't worry, people in the future may also look back at your posts and shake their head with disgust or derisively mock you.

Don't worry, people in the future may also look back at your posts and shake their head with disgust or derisively mock you.

I was mocking Sam Holland for doubling down on his explanation of why he named a bloke with big ears after a flying elephant with big ears. It was because Frost has big ears

Like dumbo

He also has big ears

Since he has come back in he’s been huge. Love the way he takes the game on. Given his ability to play smaller or taller no doubt we can play him with Omac and Lever once Lever is back next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back