Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for you this isn’t my first account, but that’s irrelevant. You’ve barely posted on here until a few weeks ago and you’ve spent most of that putting up ‘told you so’ rubbish.
That not really true. Poster used to post more than he/she does now. Not a big deal. Take it easy!

Yeah, I guess it’s a choice between ennui or risk. Changing coaches can end up going great. Every premiership coach has been appointed to replace someone. I think Beveridge is probably the most dramatic recent example of a new coach getting amazing results. And I’m sure Hawthorn don’t regret their decision to sack Schwab and replace him with Clarkson.

It ultimately comes down to the decision making of the administration and whether the decision to sack a coach is an informed one or a knee jerk reaction to supporter frustration. Good administrations should get it right.
I’m an ennui man personally ;)

Yeah StKilda still have some decent young talent on the list, not like they have a bottom 4 side. Plus Collingwood and Richmond went from out of the 8 to atleast Gfs and prelims the next year ( guess we did too)
I could see them bouncing back up the ladder with some changes at the club. They beat us this year and Richmond last year so their is clearly something to work with.

However I just don't see a premiership in that list. Reminds me very much of Norths prelim lists, alot of very very good players who weren't quite in the top tier.
It sounds like Carlton are going the big-bodied mid in Walsh, so they'll be absolutely desperate for GC to take the brothers at 2 and 3 so Lukosius falls into their lap. If ever a team needed a lifter, its St Kilda.

As an aside, the last coach that was poached was Ross, and that was seven years ago, and he just came off losing two GFs

Unfortunately for you this isn’t my first account, but that’s irrelevant. You’ve barely posted on here until a few weeks ago and you’ve spent most of that putting up ‘told you so’ rubbish.
you're a bloody clown.

Post count means sweet F All mate. I don't post because I have a life, and got sick of those pathetic posts people like yourself keep posting (IE sack Goodwin), I also post when I have something to say. With the amount of useless s**t that gets posted on big footy, I'd have to have zero life, or just really like reading my own words to have a post count like yours.

So, Pull your childish head in, you're a clown. Calling for Goodwin to not be signed on again, and then this stupid childish post count and membership span bullshit you're spouting just proves how much of a childish fool you are.

Enjoy where we are, and stop talking s**t.

Schmuttt or schmuck?

My money is on Option #2.

Last edited:
It sounds like Carlton are going the big-bodied mid in Walsh, so they'll be absolutely desperate for GC to take the brothers at 2 and 3 so Lukosius falls into their lap. If ever a team needed a lifter, its St Kilda.
Surely a risk for GC to take the brothers. If one leaves in two years you can bet the other one will too

Er, you’re welcome mate, but perhaps take it easy yourself! schmuttt is a good poster and a good dees man too. You two kiss and make up... lol
The only issue I have is him acting like a child. "I've been here longer than you" etc...

Not sure why he can't just suck it up that his (and others) comments regards goody were stupid and extremely shortsighted, and then just move on?

He can't do that, he needs to deflect, and try putting the spotlight on someone else to cover his stupidity.

Just admit that it was a stupid comment, and then move one., That's what I'm saying.

I stopped posting because of people posting this type of garbage. We all pissed and moaned for years because of how the club was being run, then Schmuck and co. decide to start calling for goodwins head even though we've improved 10fold!

You just can't make this s**t up. You say he's a good demons man, Perhaps he should back the club rather than questioning the coach that has given us our first finals birth in 12yrs.

The only issue I have is him acting like a child. "I've been here longer than you" etc...

Not sure why he can't just suck it up that his (and others) comments regards goody were stupid and extremely shortsighted, and then just move on?

He can't do that, he needs to deflect, and try putting the spotlight on someone else to cover his stupidity.

Just admit that it was a stupid comment, and then move one., That's what I'm saying.

I stopped posting because of people posting this type of garbage. We all pissed and moaned for years because of how the club was being run, then Schmuck and co. decide to start calling for goodwins head even though we've improved 10fold!

You just can't make this s**t up. You say he's a good demons man, Perhaps he should back the club rather than questioning the coach that has given us our first finals birth in 12yrs.

Geez you are doubling down on this. You realize I literally made a thread last week for everyone to eat humble pie on certain players and coaches, starting with myself?

Geez you are doubling down on this. You realize I literally made a thread last week for everyone to eat humble pie on certain players and coaches, starting with myself?
So then Move on ya git.

Why even reply in the smart arse way you did then? You tried telling me I haven't been around yah yah yah - got pulled up on that by another poster and myself, and yet you continue.

Pull your head in, and move on Schmuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So then Move on ya git.

Why even reply in the smart arse way you did then? You tried telling me I haven't been around yah yah yah - got pulled up on that by another poster and myself, and yet you continue.

Bloody hell, someone call CowboyFromHell :p

Bloody hell, someone call CowboyFromHell :p

Him an Dez made me delete me first account because they kept replying to every one of me posts with abuse. I was like 20. Like every single even if I just said it was good by the boys I'd just get straight abuse lol.

Haven't seen much of the draft, what is lukosious about?

Him an Dez made me delete me first account because they kept replying to every one of me posts with abuse. I was like 20. Like every single even if I just said it was good by the boys I'd just get straight abuse lol.
To be fair, we’ve all been tempted.

Git

That. Was. Intense.

Sorta reminds me of that dance off in the starsky and hutch movie

So then Move on ya git.

Last post on this, you can have the last word I won't respond again.

You're doing nothing but trying to come off as smarter than everyone else in here and I can't stand that, doesn't provide any good discussion and is just bait to start arguments.

Well that escalated quickly

Speaking of the word "git" and other British insults I quite fancy plonker, pillock, smeg-head, dur/der-brain* etc

* methinks a monocle, a fake mo, a pipe, a smoking jacket and a nice spirit is the appropriate attire/look when saying said insults

Well that escalated quickly

Speaking of the word "git" and other British insults I quite fancy plonker, pillock, smeg-head, dur/der-brain* etc

* methinks a monocle, a fake mo, a pipe, a smoking jacket and a nice spirit is the appropriate attire/look when saying said insults

Mate...that's the regular attire in these parts. I hope you've never donned jeans or a t-shirt.

You peasant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back