2nds Swans Reserves 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire is taking the whole club to new level of crap and never coaching players or other coaches to kick, make good decisions and a forward structure.

You just can't defend him, there is no other reality.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Eh? I get that people want to discuss the merits, or otherwise, of Longmire but what’s he got to do with this specific thread and the topic of the Grand Final?

Longmire is taking the whole club to new level of crap and never coaching players or other coaches to kick, make good decisions and a forward structure.

You just can't defend him, there is no other reality.

I think we can probably defend Longmire for the results of a reserves teams that he isn't coaching and was largely made up of kids from the academy playing against a team of men, actually. I'd say to read much of anything into the result today would be pointless.

I think we can probably defend Longmire for the results of a reserves teams that he isn't coaching and was largely made up of kids from the academy playing against a team of men, actually. I'd say to read much of anything into the result today would be pointless.
Why another low goal tally , another failure in a GF and also a s**t comp.

Why another low goal tally , another failure in a GF and also a s**t comp.

Because the team was a bunch of kids playing against men?

Usually the bulk of the reserves team are listed players, but because of eligibility rules that wasn't the case today.

It appears that making finals is the 'Holy Grail' and Longmire is responsible for all wins and players for all the loses.

We create new records for lowest numbers of goals in finals, record of losing NEAFL GF's or absolutely obliviated in finals but still so many people dont see reality, they build in all sorts of illusions and regurgitate history and that finals dont matter because we made it!

Head coaches are responsible for everything. 1sts, 2nds, coaches, game style, motivation, discipline etc because it is their agenda.

Name one player who has improved their skills. It appears that marking is our best coach. Both Sinkers and Buddy are better marks then before.

Kicking.?.... crickets

Decision making........ crickets....

Forward structure....... crickets...

Defending - everyone and a lot on Big Footy!

There are two clear groups on BF and a few in the middle.

I read nearly all comments in most pages and still haven't seen an argument that would make me review my comments

Our NEAFL team plays exactly the same way as our firsts does. How is that going?

Robinson
Marsh
Fox
Newman
Towers
Unavailable due to eligibility or in Newman’s case self preservation. Played fair few of NEAFL games these 5 and were all often found driving our midfield.

Amartey
Foote
Ling
Pink
Johnson
Mostly the 10 above with 7 of them figuring in the NEAFL team most of the year.

Rohan
Naismith
Melican
Mills
Reid
Others that we’ve missed a lot of and would have forced some of the above players to play less AFL and more NEAFL making them more likely quality (which forced players like McCartin to seniors)

13 academy players. 6 senior listed players, 3 rookies made up the team. We also lost Brown in the third (I think).

Those 13 academy players were aged 17-19 years. 5 of the Swans were 20 or under. So 18/22 20 or under.

Vs a much more physically developed team who had an extra player on the bench (23).

Linking this with anything other than the above is clutching at a massive box of straws.

I think one disappointment for me today was watching the game play of Darcy Cameron in the ruck. Many posted hopeful comments or demands that Cameron should have filled a role in seniors in 2018.
Based on today's output it was understandable why he has spent the majority of his season working on his ruck craft in reserves.

I noticed Cameron routinely turned his back to the opposing ruckman, feet barely left the ground and tried to tap the ball straight back defensive side to a team mate. Surely with his height advantage he could have gotten the ball moving offensively to the teams advantage. I noticed this particularly in the 4th quarter. Was he doing it in the other quarters too?

Look forward to seeing what another preseason under Cox can do towards refining his ruck skill.

Robinson
Marsh
Fox
Newman
Towers
Unavailable due to eligibility or in Newman’s case self preservation. Played fair few of NEAFL games these 5 and were all often found driving our midfield.

Amartey
Foote
Ling
Pink
Johnson
Mostly the 10 above with 7 of them figuring in the NEAFL team most of the year.

Rohan
Naismith
Melican
Mills
Reid
Others that we’ve missed a lot of and would have forced some of the above players to play less AFL and more NEAFL making them more likely quality (which forced players like McCartin to seniors)

13 academy players. 6 senior listed players, 3 rookies made up the team. We also lost Brown in the third (I think).

Those 13 academy players were aged 17-19 years. 5 of the Swans were 20 or under. So 18/22 20 or under.

Vs a much more physically developed team who had an extra player on the bench (23).

Linking this with anything other than the above is clutching at a massive box of straws.

A great summary post!
Anyone who wants to use todays GF result to make an unfounded swipe at the Swans gamestyle shoyld read the above post and ask yourselves the following question.

Do I really think it is reasonable to expect that a team comprised mainly of players aged under 20 could physically compete with and beat a team full of men?

A great summary post!
Anyone who wants to use todays GF result to make an unfounded swipe at the Swans gamestyle shoyld read the above post and ask yourselves the following question.

Do I really think it is reasonable to expect that a team comprised mainly of players aged under 20 could physically compete with and beat a team full of men?
no, but it's a common happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously things aren't connected between NEAFL and Seniors but its just amusing how many GF's we have lost over the last 5 years.

Dont forget the AFL X GF we lost as well! its like a meme at this point.

I haven't gone back to check so may be wrong, but I suspect what happened this year with player eligibility has hurt us most years. For the whole season and the first and/or second week of finals our NEAFL team is pretty strong because it is filled up with our senior players who are just outside the 22 that week. Then when the senior team is out of the finals the eligibility changes and a bunch of players who would otherwise be playing NEAFL if there was a senior game that week can no longer play and you get a whole bunch of academy kids coming in to the team in their place. I wouldn't be surprised if our NEAFL grand final teams over the last few years have been just about the least experienced teams we have put out in each of those seasons.

I think one disappointment for me today was watching the game play of Darcy Cameron in the ruck. Many posted hopeful comments or demands that Cameron should have filled a role in seniors in 2018.
Based on today's output it was understandable why he has spent the majority of his season working on his ruck craft in reserves.

I noticed Cameron routinely turned his back to the opposing ruckman, feet barely left the ground and tried to tap the ball straight back defensive side to a team mate. Surely with his height advantage he could have gotten the ball moving offensively to the teams advantage. I noticed this particularly in the 4th quarter. Was he doing it in the other quarters too?

Look forward to seeing what another preseason under Cox can do towards refining his ruck skill.
I’m a critic of Cameron when talking about his right to play AFL. I’ve said it before...he’s not ready. What I will do is give him credit for a great season in the NEAFL, his development has come a long way. The good thing is, he’s a late bloomer and I think he’ll be a very good AFL footballer but today just wasn’t his day...like many others footballers in our team.

Anyone have any idea which of our senior boys went to the game to watch? You’d hope the majority of them...
Saw quite a few suns boys
Only swan I saw was Sam Naismith dressed in match day polo and trousers - maybe had some official role.

Saw quite a few suns boys
Only swan I saw was Sam Naismith dressed in match day polo and trousers - maybe had some official role.

Mills, Parker, Kennedy, Smith where all there.
Horse, Kirky, Blakey, Stevey J and Cox from the coaching team.
I saw all these guys at the preso, so I would assume there would have been plenty of others who I didn't see.
The best team did win!
However, how do rules simply get applied by vote? Don't think, by definition, this actually holds water.
Not a fair question to ask an opposition coach.
Would you like to be seen as a prick, so we don't have to follow the rules?? Of course Kennely had no problem with it, because the outcome was lop sided, but why should he be asked?
If the scores were locked and the Swans recieved a free kick for a high tackle, would they consult the coaches to see if they were both happy with the decisions? Don't think so!
And, even though the better team won, the umpires should go home and take a look at the tape, and be suitably embarrassed too.
Want the NEAFL to be be the breeding grounds of AFL players? Better take some accountability as an organisational body, NEAFL. Joke

I haven't gone back to check so may be wrong, but I suspect what happened this year with player eligibility has hurt us most years. For the whole season and the first and/or second week of finals our NEAFL team is pretty strong because it is filled up with our senior players who are just outside the 22 that week. Then when the senior team is out of the finals the eligibility changes and a bunch of players who would otherwise be playing NEAFL if there was a senior game that week can no longer play and you get a whole bunch of academy kids coming in to the team in their place. I wouldn't be surprised if our NEAFL grand final teams over the last few years have been just about the least experienced teams we have put out in each of those seasons.
The only other Grand final where the restrictions would have applied was in 2014 against Aspley but because the seniors were still in contention they didn’t apply

We’ve had quite strong teams, including 21 listed players last year. Brisbane had 17.

Sen said it was Kennelly and Ireland who said let Southports score stand.
Mills, Parker, Kennedy, Smith where all there.
Horse, Kirky, Blakey, Stevey J and Cox from the coaching team.
I saw all these guys at the preso, so I would assume there would have been plenty of others who I didn't see.
The best team did win!
However, how do rules simply get applied by vote? Don't think, by definition, this actually holds water.
Not a fair question to ask an opposition coach.
Would you like to be seen as a prick, so we don't have to follow the rules?? Of course Kennely had no problem with it, because the outcome was lop sided, but why should he be asked?
If the scores were locked and the Swans recieved a free kick for a high tackle, would they consult the coaches to see if they were both happy with the decisions? Don't think so!
And, even though the better team won, the umpires should go home and take a look at the tape, and be suitably embarrassed too.
Want the NEAFL to be be the breeding grounds of AFL players? Better take some accountability as an organisational body, NEAFL. Joke

This. Need a national Ressies comp plus one or two stand alone teams. Port Melbourne would be the first of the latter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back