Media Sweet FA Team of the Week Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Team of the Week Round 8.png

Defenders
BP - Tiger Toffee (Furies) - Started in the pocket but moved around defence and had a huge game for the Furies. He ended up with 25 disposals and a massive 10 marks, keeping his opponent to just 14 touches and no scoreboard impact.

FB - Milera2Betts (ESH) - It was a strong week for full forwards, which reflects poorly on the league's full backs. The Gumbies' Jivlain was kept to just 2 majors this week, with M2B and Loonerty both spending time on him. With Loonerty spending 40% of the game on the bench, M2B gets the scalp, whilst also picking up 7 touches and 3 marks.

BP - kane249 (LVB) - Mr Consistent struck again for the Bears, this time finishing with 15 touches, 4 marks and 3 tackles - not an outstanding defensive display but still better than the majority of his peers and it lands him in the Team of the Week.

HB - grumbleguts (Royals) - In just his second game, grumbleguts was a clear best on ground for the Royals and had one of the best performances at half back you'll see all season. He finished with 29 touches, 12 marks and 105 DT points.

CHB - FinBar19 (Demons) - Another new player having a big impact, this time at centre half back. Was engaged in a massive duel with Kirkswan all day and ended up with 20 touches and 10 marks. Promising signs from the rookie.

HB - The Half Back (Hawks) - After a quiet few weeks, THB put in another strong game at half back in a quiet day for the Hawks. Ended up with 15 touches and 8 marks, and although nowhere near as good as grumbleguts' display, still good enough to fill the half back position.

Midfielders
W - Tony Lynn 15 (Bombers) - Handball, handball, handball seemed to be the mantra at the Bombers this week and leading the way was Tony Lynn 15. The respected winger ended up with 13 kicks, 24 handballs and 2 goals in a best on ground display.

C - BLERN (Gumbies) - The Gumbies are continuing their march towards finals, with new recruit BLERN leading from the front. He finished with an impressive 26 disposals as well as 7 tackles and 2 goals, a great midfield performance.

W - SarahSmiles (Swamprats) - The second year winger had his best game since coming across from the Wonders at the start of the season, racking up 15 kicks, 19 handballs and 6 marks and will go close to best on ground.

Ru - manangatang (Demons) - He's been heralded as one of the most underrated players on-field and this week backed it up with his on-field performance. Playing on reigning All-SFA ruckman U2tigers, manangatang helped the Demons to their 37 point win with 19 hitouts, 33 touches, 3 tackles and a goal in possibly the best rucking performance of the season.

RR - brahj (Bears) - He was touted by many as a big chance to add a second Mobbs Medal to his trophy cabinet and has somewhat flown under the radar. He will likely pick up 3 votes this week after leading the young Bears to victory with 17 kicks, 9 handballs, 6 tackles and 2 goals.

Ro - TheCoach16 (Bombers) - We tend to honour the best tacklers of the round and this week it one of the Bash Brothers in TC16. 27 touches and 2 goals were impressive enough but his 12 tackles gave him a whopping 130 DT points, thoroughly outplaying his counterpart 3KZ is Football.

Forwards

HF - DapperJong (Warriors) - Clearly the shining light as Coney Island's 7 game winning streak was halted by the Furies. He finished with 29 touches, 10 marks, 2 tackles and a goal and will one of the few not under the spotlight in this week's reviews.

CHF - Kirkswan (Wonders) - One of the multitude of rookies that the Wonders signed recently, Kirkswan slotted in at CHF and played well up the ground in a dominant display. icked 1 goal but it was his work at the contest that impressed, finishing with 24 touches, 5 marks, 4 tackles and an impressive 99 DT points.

HF - cats2rise (Demons) - Yet another high class performance from cats2rise and his prestige continues to grow ever since abdicating the Demons captaincy. Finished with 25 disposals, 10 marks and 2 goals from a flank.

FP - Dingster (Swamprast) - There were a number of full forwards with 5 goals this week but sentimentality has pulled through and I've given the second position to Dingster. His 5 goals 2 weren't particularly remarkable, but came in his 300th game, and it must be good to celebrate that milestone with a bag.

FF - Mooch (Roys) - For 2 weeks in a row, Roys full forward Mooch has torn his opposition to shreds only to watch his side go down. 7 kicks, 7 goals was amazing accuracy and efficiency as he sores into FRED contention.

FP - Stevi_Tigers (Furies) - It's been a few weeks since we had a dominant forward pocket display so it was good to see when Stevi managed to kick a bag against the Warriors. 7 kicks for 5.2 was a great haul, combining with Sterge for 10 goals combined.

Interchange
Int - Matty411 (Bombers) - Matty411 answered calls to be removed from ruck with a career-best display in a narrow win over the Furies. He finished with 16 hitouts, only just edging opponent Broken, but had an amazing 37 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 goal and 127 DT points in a huge game.

Int - Wayne's-World (Dragons) - Best on ground in a disappointing 10 goal loss for the Dragons was rookie Wayne's-World. He finished with 21 touches and imposed himself on the contest with 9 tackles.

===========================

Sweet FA Team of the Week Leaderboard

4 - BigJoeD_ (Warriors, CHF/FP/FF)
4 - Pie 4 Life (Dragons, HFF)
4 - The Half Back (Hawks, HB)
4 - kane249 (Bears, HBF/BP)
3 - Wooshette (Warriors, BP)
3 - SmartysPower (Royals, FB/BP)
3 - Freofalcon (Warriors, R)
3 - _Cayz_ (Bombers, RR/W)
3 - Tigerturbulance (Furies, R/FP)
3 - Blacky (Royals, CHF/FF)
3 - cats2rise (Demons, HFF)

Stoked for Tony Lynn 15 TheCoach16 and myself in making the TotW for Round 8, but _Cayz_ stiff to not get a nod in the game of the round.

Credit to manangatang for his 19-hitout performance, but my work as an extra midfielder - 37 touches from a ruck (amazing indeed) - surely deserves the spot on field.

Ah well... plenty of time to make that spot my own. We're just getting started.

Stoked for Tony Lynn 15 TheCoach16 and myself in making the TotW for Round 8, but _Cayz_ stiff to not get a nod in the game of the round.

Credit to manangatang for his 19-hitout performance, but my work as an extra midfielder - 37 touches from a ruck (amazing indeed) - surely deserves the spot on field.

Ah well... plenty of time to make that spot my own. We're just getting started.

I'm real hesitant to have 4 players from one club in the side. :p

Hey... a great performance is a great performance. We haven't had many this season, so don't be shy to shower us in deserved praise when the need calls.

3 players in a 2 point win is already pretty good. You guys put up huge numbers.

I'm real hesitant to have 4 players from one club in the side. :p
But if they are the best then they should be up there. Regardless if it's 4 or 10 players from the same team.

Wow, how did I not make the team? Poor thread.

Pretty good 26 disposals, 6 tackles and 2 goals from Brahj, to beat out my 32 disposals, 6 tackles and 1 goal effort... ?

But if they are the best then they should be up there. Regardless if it's 4 or 10 players from the same team.

When a club has a swathe of high DT scores it's almost always due to high scoring shots, Barrybran's thread does an amazing job of breaking it down. For what its worth, _Cayz_ wasn't the best RR even by raw stats.

Freakie 0 14 8 11 0 0 1 3 3 106

Pretty sure 25 disposals and 3 goals 3 behinds beats cats2rise with 25 disposals and 2 goals........

Pretty good 26 disposals, 6 tackles and 2 goals from Brahj, to beat out my 32 disposals, 6 tackles and 1 goal effort... ?

Pretty sure 25 disposals and 3 goals 3 behinds beats cats2rise with 25 disposals and 2 goals........

Look, I'm never going to please everyone and there's always people missing out.

DemonJim, I included brahj over you because he was a clear best on for the Bears in a 10 goal win, which I felt was enough to make up for having 6 less disposals. Freakie, C2R got in over you because your statlines were similar and he played in a winning side and you didn't. Mooch was clearly in TOTW this week and I didn't feel I should have 2 Roys and 1 Demon.

To be fair, kdavva74 is doing a pretty top notch job here and it's bloody tough to get this right. It will always be a subjective process... even just a little. Definitely impossible to please everyone.

Still, I want that Ruck spot :moustache:

To be fair, kdavva74 is doing a pretty top notch job here and it's bloody tough to get this right. It will always be a subjective process... even just a little. Definitely impossible to please everyone.

Still, I want that Ruck spot :moustache:

If you really need me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta ruck me harder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, I'm never going to please everyone and there's always people missing out.

DemonJim, I included brahj over you because he was a clear best on for the Bears in a 10 goal win, which I felt was enough to make up for having 6 less disposals. Freakie, C2R got in over you because your statlines were similar and he played in a winning side and you didn't. Mooch was clearly in TOTW this week and I didn't feel I should have 2 Roys and 1 Demon.

Lol we lost by 2 points. Clearly Mooch and myself carried our team. It's clear you hate the Roys and me. I'm going to let the tyres down on your car and leave a flaming bag of dog poop on your door step. I hope you win the EKA and suffer the curse.

#FreakieforTOTW #kdavvadoesnotdeserve2ndintheEKA #statsdontlie

Lol we lost by 2 points. Clearly Mooch and myself carried our team. It's clear you hate the Roys and me. I'm going to let the tyres down on your car and leave a flaming bag of dog poop on your door step. I hope you win the EKA and suffer the curse.

#FreakieforTOTW #kdavvadoesnotdeserve2ndintheEKA #statsdontlie

TJASTA is doing his Better Team of the Week soon I presume.

I am in a good mood this week, so no gagf

How will you feel when you look back on Season 26 and remember your only media contributions were to spite a rookie?

Fairly sure it doesn’t because I made the Team of the Week and you did not.

When a club has a swathe of high DT scores it's almost always due to high scoring shots, Barrybran's thread does an amazing job of breaking it down. For what its worth, _Cayz_ wasn't the best RR even by raw stats.
Raw stats are the stats though. All the other ranking systems are subjective extrapolations, with some factors favoured over others.

Barry's system offers a different perspective but it's also flawed, a fact he openly acknowledges I reckon.

Take us for example, we score heavy because we're top of the comp, don't think our scores should be weighted down as a penalty for high performance. If you win big and dominate the ball, it is what it is.

Raw stats are the stats though. All the other ranking systems are subjective extrapolations, with some factors favoured over others.

Barry's system offers a different perspective but it's also flawed, a fact he openly acknowledges I reckon.

Take us for example, we score heavy because we're top of the comp, don't think our scores should be weighted down as a penalty for high performance. If you win big and dominate the ball, it is what it is.
Yeah, in your face SFA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back