Scandal Tex on the piss?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s about time Tex moved on from the crows. Hawks, Lions, GWS, Swans and Pies all possible destinations

7af.jpg

You're a typical uneducated moron who believes every thing they read or hear about. This thread is about Tex, not the club. The club deserves scrutiny, Walker does not deserve the scrutiny he receives. Does a huge amount of charity work and community work, but that's all ignored by an obsession from the media to portray him negatively.

And why does the media portray him negatively?

Right and they just decided to pick on Tex at random, not the 17 other club captains?
Fair enough. what did he do to deserve the treatment. You agree he received this treatment by your comment they didnt pick him at random, so what did he do

Fair enough. what did he do to deserve the treatment. You agree he received this treatment by your comment they didnt pick him at random, so what did he do

Off the top of my head:
Powerstance
Poor post GF speech
Comments about Lever were unbecoming of a club captain
Acting like a mafioso trying to keep the camp quiet
Then had a bad year and didn't do much on field as his team slid badly
Now drinking indiscretion - nothing major for a player but it is major when your captain breaches the standards he is meant to role model

Something in there probably...

You're a typical uneducated moron who believes every thing they read or hear about. This thread is about Tex, not the club. The club deserves scrutiny, Walker does not deserve the scrutiny he receives. Does a huge amount of charity work and community work, but that's all ignored by an obsession from the media to portray him negatively.

Grand final ultra mega fail
Breaking team standards as captain fail
Horrible form fail
Squibbing and flopping fail
Lever/Mcgovern fail
Lying about the camp fail
Filthy disgusting snipe on Tuohy fail

All in 12 months, but lets blame the media. Plenty of AFL players do charity that goes noticed, nobody cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the top of my head:
Powerstance
Poor post GF speech
Comments about Lever were unbecoming of a club captain
Acting like a mafioso trying to keep the camp quiet
Then had a bad year and didn't do much on field as his team slid badly
Now drinking indiscretion - nothing major for a player but it is major when your captain breaches the standards he is meant to role model

Something in there probably...
Powerstance. Sure I saw 22 other people doing that but you chose Tex

To be fair I have had nothing to do with the GF or any after match stuff. :'(:'( So I have nfi on the context or tone
On Lever. Is he incorrect in saying Jake chose money over success? 2 days after a GF and Jake is leaving. I'd be telling him to * off as well
Acting like a mafioso , lol . Have some mayo
kraft-mayo-real-mayonnaise-000081341.jpg

He had a bad year for many reasons but mostly injury . This has been discussed on our board. I am one that didnt agree he should have started the year. But sure lets make out a player wanting to play and a Captain wanting to lead a bad thing. I liken it to Selwood wanting to play through multiple concussions.

The drinking infringement. Yep club sanctioned and club dealt with it.

Powerstance. Sure I saw 22 other people doing that but you chose Tex

To be fair I have had nothing to do with the GF or any after match stuff. :'(:'( So I have nfi on the context or tone
On Lever. Is he incorrect in saying Jake chose money over success? 2 days after a GF and Jake is leaving. I'd be telling him to **** off as well
Acting like a mafioso , lol . Have some mayo
kraft-mayo-real-mayonnaise-000081341.jpg

He had a bad year for many reasons but mostly injury . This has been discussed on our board. I am one that didnt agree he should have started the year. But sure lets make out a player wanting to play and a Captain wanting to lead a bad thing. I liken it to Selwood wanting to play through multiple concussions.

The drinking infringement. Yep club sanctioned and club dealt with it.

You don't seem to understand that captains are meant to role model behaviour (and they are the ones who have to agree to gimmicks like the Powerstance).

You also asked why the media have targeted him, I gave you a list of possible reasons and you want to argue them point by point - and again bring up Joel Selwood because you seem unable to have a discussion without trying to deflect onto the team I support.

So I accept all your refutations for the sake of argument, then why have the media gone after Tex, if all my suggested reasons are no good?

Horrible form fail
Lever/Mcgovern fail

All in 12 months, but lets blame the media. Plenty of AFL players do charity that goes noticed, nobody cares.

Yet he got more scrutiny than a Collingwood player failing a drug test. Media are obsessed with him.

You don't seem to understand that captains are meant to role model behaviour (and they are the ones who have to agree to gimmicks like the Powerstance).

You also asked why the media have targeted him, I gave you a list of possible reasons and you want to argue them point by point - and again bring up Joel Selwood because you seem unable to have a discussion without trying to deflect onto the team I support.

So I accept all your refutations for the sake of argument, then why have the media gone after Tex, if all my suggested reasons are no good?

Was Luke Hodge a great role model with his drink driving offence? An issue that disappeared off the pages of the press after one day.

Was Luke Hodge a great role model with his drink driving offence? An issue that disappeared off the pages of the press after one day.

Fair enough but Hodge stood up and owned his behaviour.

Walker blames everyone but himself for everything.

Who did walker blame for this indiscretion? Hodge is lucky he didn't kill someone on the road either.

I don't disagree with the comment on Hodge and I was absolutely scathing of him at the time, expressing my opinion that he should have lost the captaincy. I have family history of what happens when somebody drinks and then drives and very little time for those that do.

My point is that as a general rule, Tex doesn't exactly lead from the front.

Horrible form fail
Lever/Mcgovern fail

So captains can't have patches of poor form? Keep in mind he had no preseason and was playing injured all year.

The Grand Final wasn't an "Ultra mega fail" either. Please rewatch the game and have a look at some of the delivery into the forward line...it played right into richmond's hands. His game was below par but it wasn't abysmal.

Lever fail? Fair enough. Mcgovern? What has he done?

Where did he lie about the camp?

Snipe on Touhy? Didn't even knock him out. It was an accidental high shot. All the "great" captains have done the same.

I don't disagree with the comment on Hodge and I was absolutely scathing of him at the time, expressing my opinion that he should have lost the captaincy. I have family history of what happens when somebody drinks and then drives and very little time for those that do.

My point is that as a general rule, Tex doesn't exactly lead from the front.

Ok so he had too much alcohol after a win. That means he's no longer fit to be captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back