Strategy Next senior coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is short sighted. What many seem to not understand is that our backline is protected by a defensive midfield strategy. If we want to be more attacking, have our forwards in the forward line and transition the ball better, we need a defence who don’t require as much midfield support.

I find it frustrating how often we choose to enter our defence

This plan B stuff is a bit of a furphy to be honest. Good teams have strong structures, sure you can throw a couple of magnets around but it’s not really a plan B.

It’s the teams ability to get a game back on their terms, and back on the terms of their structures but no team has a second plan to be implemented imo.
Yep ”no plan B” is basically code for "I don't like that we can't win all the time"

Where was Clarksons plan B on Thursday night? Or when they lost to Brisbane for the 2nd time in one season?

I have no problems with criticisms of our plan A by the way. It needs work

When we win it is in spite of Horse, when we lose it is all Horse's fault.

All the senior players are cooked, the youngsters are up & down...but it all Horse's fault.

Some of you need to give the record player a nudge, you're stuck on the same song.
Same for you too and the other 5 likers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Does anyone think Horse is capable/the right man to take us through some kind of rebuild/refresh? We have locked in the older players for next year - is this a case of having the experience around to continue guiding the younger players? Do we need to really get the broom out and sweep it through the list? I don't really believe in the whole argument that we have to continue a certain level of success otherwise the memberships will plunge. Horse inherited a good team with an excellent culture from Roos, do you have any belief in his ability to rebuild the team and make the hard calls?

I don't mean in a tactical/game day sense - in a rebuild sense. It would seem with the display this year that time has caught us.
If you’ve already had 17 debuts in the last 3 years does that qualify as a rebuild?

I'm backing Horse in for the next handful of years. Give him time as the kids develop. After all, he has essentially rebuilt on the run, despite trade bans & injuries, maintaining a competitive brand (for the most part) & almost snatched a few flags in the process... I think he's done fantastically well in retrospect.

However, I'd be hoping Shawry was next in line. All the things I've heard about him from our NEAFL guys are so positive & he seems to really connect with the playing group. I'd hate to lose him to another club & hope he's transitioned into the head coach role in the next 3-5 years.

I'm backing Horse in for the next handful of years. Give him time as the kids develop. After all, he has essentially rebuilt on the run, despite trade bans & injuries, maintaining a competitive brand (for the most part) & almost snatched a few flags in the process... I think he's done fantastically well in retrospect.

However, I'd be hoping Shawry was next in line. All the things I've heard about him from our NEAFL guys are so positive & he seems to really connect with the playing group. I'd hate to lose him to another club & hope he's transitioned into the head coach role in the next 3-5 years.

Well he has gone to norf but yeh, love to have him back.

Does it feel like a rebuild to you? It feels like have been reaching for the last few years with an ageing list and have fallen short. Yes there are new players but we have kept a heap of older players, especially in the midfield.

If you think we are in a rebuild do you think Horse is succeeding?
So you want to axe Kennedy and Jack from the midfield? Who are the other ageing midfielders?

Does anyone think Horse is capable/the right man to take us through some kind of rebuild/refresh? We have locked in the older players for next year - is this a case of having the experience around to continue guiding the younger players? Do we need to really get the broom out and sweep it through the list? I don't really believe in the whole argument that we have to continue a certain level of success otherwise the memberships will plunge. Horse inherited a good team with an excellent culture from Roos, do you have any belief in his ability to rebuild the team and make the hard calls?

I don't mean in a tactical/game day sense - in a rebuild sense. It would seem with the display this year that time has caught us.

Hi

Did you watch Ronke V Hawks 7 goals (wasn't it his 3rd or 5th senior game?)
Do you remember Heeney and Papley's first few games
etc etc
There might be a few slow starters but they generally come in ready to perform a role and some are outstanding.

This is NOT all Horse's doing there is a coaching team doing a fine job of young development.

Have you counted the No1 and top 10 picks Carlton have? What about St Kilda? How does that help? (without a good coaching team)
It is a miracle there are any top 10 picks in Swans! just good trading strategy!

This BS! about keeping the old ones on for the last stint.
Have you noted the go home factor (GWS GCS etc)?
I put it to you SFC have a policy to look after the careers of players and thereby promote in the young (Vics SA etc) and the potential free agents they will be looked after. Even if it means stint in NEAFL or after footy roles.
Promotes stability and comfortable workplace security and loyalty mindset.

List development cannot change overnight. Few in few out takes time to become a consistent A grade player.
It took J McVeigh quite a long time.

A clean sweep does mean, a plummet to bottom for an extended while, even if champs are bought in they take time to gell with a team environment.

As for your claim Swans fans market can stand a plummet "rebuild" then take a good look at yourselves all wanting even more from the 3rd most successful (results) team this century . Horse has held the ship steady with continued envy of other clubs success rate.

the so called succession plan will just continue. we will be lauded by all and sundry for having such a stable club and still be playing like we were under roos.
We won a premiership under Roos. Another under Horse. That's twice what Richmond have won in the last few decades. Why do people think we need to win one every year to be successful ? If I had a time machione I'd send a few 'fans' back to 1934 to learn to be patient.

Mybe all these threads could be combined under the subject of 'coaching'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won a premiership under Roos. Another under Horse. That's twice what Richmond have won in the last few decades. Why do people think we need to win one every year to be successful ? If I had a time machione I'd send a few 'fans' back to 1934 to learn to be patient.

You invent time travel and that’s what you do? How boring or Longmire like

This plan B stuff is a bit of a furphy to be honest. Good teams have strong structures, sure you can throw a couple of magnets around but it’s not really a plan B.

It’s the teams ability to get a game back on their terms, and back on the terms of their structures but no team has a second plan to be implemented imo.
Quoted because it is the truth. Not many here seem to get it.

You invent time travel and that’s what you do? How boring or Longmire like
Don't worry. It's not a single trip time machine. What did you have in mind ? I just gotta nip back and buy a truck load of Amazon shares from a young Bezos. So many things to do, so much time.....

Would be handy if we updated Plan A then.

Brett Kirk will be the next swans coach. He has done his time away from the club and now is back for the last few years biting his time like horse did.

Brett Kirk will be the next swans coach. He has done his time away from the club and now is back for the last few years biting his time like horse did.

Welcome flying hawks, 2 posts and both about the swans..:p

lol .. Kirky as coach

B Krishna, Mohammed, Abraham
HB Jupiter, Aphrodite, Hermes
C Moses, Buddha, Diana
HF St Paul, Dalai Lamington, David
F Achilles, Zeus, Dreamtime
R Easter Island Statue, King Tutt, Athena
I/C Random Faerie, Harry Potter, Gandalf, Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad