Why does the Melbourne media love Neil Balme?

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Honestly, the man is a total buffoon. Spent two days mocking reporters and saying there was nothing wrong with Dustin Martin, only for the coach to admit he is suffering from a badly corked thigh.
Yet today i see no mention of Balmes lies.
After his career as a thug player, failed coach and now glorified dressing room doorman ( I've actually seen him performing this role ), i just don't understand the medias love affair with him.

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Honestly, the man is a total buffoon. Spent two days mocking reporters and saying there was nothing wrong with Dustin Martin, only for the coach to admit he is suffering from a badly corked thigh.
After his career as a thug player, failed coach and now glorified dressing room doorman ( I've actually seen him performing this role ), i just don't understand the medias love affair with him.
Whoever stuffed all those smokes in your mouth needs to do something to silence those typing fingers because that was one of the more floggish posts I've seen on Bigfooty. Firstly, Balme wasn't a thug. Knocking out Carlton players is a community service (I would have thought a Collingwood supporter would understand that). Secondly, I just listened to the Balme interview about Dusty on SEN and he didn't say anything of the kind - he stubbornly refused to answer whether Dusty had an injury or not. Thirdly, as you're a supporter of one of the three clubs that won premierships immediately after hiring him I would have expected a little bit more gratitude. But now he's our premiership winning, Carlton thumping, press manipulating doorstop, not yours. So suck it up princess!

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Anyone got footage of him I think from his Geelong days where they were interviewing Ablett or someone in the changerooms and he walks out of the toilet, realised he’s on camera and then sheepishly walks away
Was he giving 'it' a shake?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood

All Balme has been saying is Martin WILL play. Now, unless Martin misses the game, how did he lie? As for "Buffoon", you've got NFI.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
61C1CF3B-4405-4BDD-B66E-CA98795D29FC.jpeg
Whoever stuffed all those smokes in your mouth needs to do something to silence those typing fingers because that was one of the more floggish posts I've seen on Bigfooty. Firstly, Balme wasn't a thug. Knocking out Carlton players is a community service (I would have thought a Collingwood supporter would understand that). Secondly, I just listened to the Balme interview about Dusty on SEN and he didn't say anything of the kind - he stubbornly refused to answer whether Dusty had an injury or not. Thirdly, as you're a supporter of one of the three clubs that won premierships immediately after hiring him I would have expected a little bit more gratitude. But now he's our premiership winning, Carlton thumping, press manipulating doorstop, not yours. So suck it up princess!

Community service lol

Dean Wallis nods approvingly

He literally said "there's nothing wrong with him"

Club official not giving player injury info out to media before a game... in other news water is wet

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I think he found out pretty early in the piece that coaching wasnt really his thing.

I had the pleasure of working with Balmey when he came to Norwood (SANFL) as coach in 1980. He was the first to admit he didn't know a lot about coaching but his strengths were in people management. The players loved him, supporters loved him, and his ability to deal with the media was 1st class. I was never surprised that he didn't succeed as an AFL coach, but equally not surprised that he found his niche in the game in other roles. Totally approachable and a great bloke.

Back