• Christian Petracca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charlie Spargo

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Dom Tyson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Done to Max Gawn This years Best and Fairest Winner. An outstanding season recognised by his peers. Players, coaches and the competition as a whole. Congratulations Maxy!
DobKW61U0AARFkq.jpg

Previous Results (Threads)
2017 (Winner - Clayton Oliver)
2016 (Winner - Jack Viney)
2015 (Winner - Bernie Vince)

This Year (2018)

Awards
Troy Broadbridge Memorial Trophy - Cam Pedersen
(Best Melbourne listed player in the VFL)

Ian Ridley Memorial Trophy - Christian Petracca
(Club Ambassador Award)

Harold Ball Memorial Trophy - Bayley Fritsch
(Best young Talent)

James McDonald Trophy - Neville Jetta
(Heart and Spirit)

Ron Barrassi Jnr Memorial Trophy - Max Gawn
(Leadership Award)

Norm Smith Memorial Trophy - Alex Neal-Bullen
(Coaches award)

Best and Fairest
1st - Max Gawn (Keith 'Bluey' Truscott)
2nd - Clayton Oliver (Syd Anderson Memorial Trophy)
3rd - James Harmes (Ron Barrassi Snr Memorial Trophy)
4th - Nathan Jones (Ivor Warne Smith Memorial Trophy)
5th - Tom McDonald (Dick Taylor Memorial Trophy)

AFLW Best and Fairest
Inaugural Best VFLW Player (From the AFLW list) - Eden Zanker

The Melbourne Board's own 426 Memorial Trophy Leaderboard (With thanks to TheDarkDwarf)
Max Gawn

Casey Demons (Best and Fairest and VFL Awards)
VFL Best and Fairest
1st - Cory Wagner
2nd - Jade Lockhart
3rd - Cameron Pedersen

Most Improved - Cory Stockdale
Coaches Award - Mitch Lewis

VFLW Best and Fairest
1st - Maddie Shevlin
2nd - Eden Zanker

Most improved - Mel Hogg
Coaches Award - Ruby Clayton

VFL Team of the Year - Jay Lockhart and Corey Wagner (Only VFL listed players are eligible)
VFL Coach of the Year - Jade Rawlings
VFLW Team of the Year - Bianca Jakobsson

Other Non Club awards (AA, AFLCA Votes... ect)
All Australian - Max Gawn and Clayton Oliver
AFLCA Player of the Year Award - Max Gawn
AFLPA Under 22 Team - Angus Brayshaw, Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca
Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award - Neville Jetta
AFLW All Australian - Elise O'Dea, Meg Downie, Karen Paxman and Daisy Pearce (VC)
AFLFA Supporter Group of the Year - Demon Army
AFLFA Male Supporter of the Year
Brownlow Medal Polling - Angus Brayshaw 3rd, Max Gawn 4th

Last edited:

Just who I think deserves it:

Awards
Troy Broadbridge Memorial Trophy - Thomas Bugg or get ****ed.

Ian Ridley Memorial Trophy - Nev Jetta, couldn't not be given his off-field work.

Harold Ball Memorial Trophy - Spargo & Fritsch tied?

James McDonald Trophy - Vanders. Petracca, Gawn & Vince unlucky equal second.

Ron Barrassi Jnr Memorial Trophy - Viney

Norm smith Memorial Trophy - No idea what this even is so I'll say Brayshaw.

Best and Fairest
Gawn
Oliver
Brayshaw
Jetta
Hogan

AFLW Best and Fairest
:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: Daisy :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Is it always five per club? Melksham an interesting invite, I’d have thought Jordie or T McDonald would get there given leadership group. McDonald should poll more votes too.
I'm not sure tbh, can imagine Melksham got votes in the Carlton game.

Assuming captains need to be present, because i thought Viney was interesting seeing his limited amount of games

I'm not sure tbh, can imagine Melksham got votes in the Carlton game.

Assuming captains need to be present, because i thought Viney was interesting seeing his limited amount of games
I imagine the club gets some say, and they would definitely want Viney there for his marketability. Several hours of network exposure on camera etc

Is it always five per club? Melksham an interesting invite, I’d have thought Jordie or T McDonald would get there given leadership group. McDonald should poll more votes too.
I think they would send the captain regardless, in our case 2 of them, and they send the two most likely to poll (so they can look happy/modest/surprised for the cameras etc.) then a remaining spot for another guy that they are pleased with. Melk fits the bill. I’m going to push him up 2 slots in our MFC B&F on the back of it.

I think they would send the captain regardless, in our case 2 of them, and they send the two most likely to poll (so they can look happy/modest/surprised for the cameras etc.) then a remaining spot for another guy that they are pleased with. Melk fits the bill. I’m going to push him up 2 slots in our MFC B&F on the back of it.
Give it 5 years, it’ll be Viney, Gus, Petracca, Oliver, and Harmes, with Lever and Hogan just two left out in the cold

Give it 5 years, it’ll be Viney, Gus, Petracca, Oliver, and Harmes, with Lever and Hogan just two left out in the cold
In 5 years we will have 1,000,000 members bandwagoning off our 4-peat and we will be so powerful that the AFL will have to accomodate anything we want to do, so everyone will come along.

Actually I think Frosty should go along as a gatecrasher this year. I’d back him in against whatever crappy security company they have arranged. What do they plan to do? Tackle him?

In 5 years we will have 1,000,000 members bandwagoning off our 4-peat and we will be so powerful that the AFL will have to accomodate anything we want to do, so everyone will come along.

Actually I think Frosty should go along as a gatecrasher this year. I’d back him in against whatever crappy security company they have arranged. What do they plan to do? Tackle him?
Set up a giant fan at the entrance - the gust from which catches his ears like a parachute and ejects him from Crown Plaza back over the Yarra

Holy crap. I’m going this year.

Stuff the who wins predictions for a moment. Someone please tell me what I’m supposed to wear.
Clothing?

But it’s black tie so it’s a very high end event

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The invite does say formal wear PG. :rolleyes:
But WTF does that really mean????

I googled what to wear to AFL best and fairest and found some random 2016 page from Rebecca Judd full of suggestions. Had to pass on the ones I scrolled through, though do acknowledge that the see-through Lycra and chiffon numbers do almost work on the 14yo coat hangers modelling the chosen look.

Stuff it. I’m going to go grand elder sort of thing. Still concerned, but I’ve made a decision so stuff the universe in general.

I googled what to wear to AFL best and fairest and found some random 2016 page from Rebecca Judd full of suggestions. Had to pass on the ones I scrolled through, though do acknowledge that the see-through Lycra and chiffon numbers do almost work on the 14yo coat hangers modelling the chosen look.

Stuff it. I’m going to go grand elder sort of thing. Still concerned, but I’ve made a decision so stuff the universe in general.

Well if it helps this is what I am wearing. Do you think it is formal enough?
dec9cb8fe6fed4a8d53220ea3717e5fc--fantasy-rpg-fantasy-artwork.jpg

If i ever did go, i would go in early 2000's cyberpunk style clothing, So i look like i'm straight out of the Matrix or Blade

To be fair I feel for ladies in this scenario. I would wear dark suit (either navy or black), white shirt and tie would depend on mood. But ladies can have formal mean a million different things.

"Snow suit up" NPH

Back