Aaron vandenBerg - retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has come into our side at a good time and playing well, performing better than expected might I add. Happy for him, I think he's put himself in a position where he's right in the mix to be a regular in our side next year.

bingers

Debutant
Mar 12, 2010
Northcote
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's great to see him back, and playing a role. I watched a replay of the match. If he could tidy up his disposal, he'd be really good.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can see him being suspended at least twice next year.... his hard hits are made for finals, but come round 1 he'll cop scrutiny.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can see him being suspended at least twice next year.... his hard hits are made for finals, but come round 1 he'll cop scrutiny.
He hits within the rules though. It’s mainly just body tackling, but he does it ferociously and he’s a massive unit. Number one member of our wrecking crew.

Quiet on Friday and panicked twice with sprayed shots at goal from 50, love to see him lower his eyes this week and, more importantly, hip and shoulder a few Eagles in the first term.

thetank

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Awesome to retain him, his aggression is great for the team and we would have got nothing worthwhile in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
It's pleasing that Vandenberg has re-signed. I'm not sure if he's in our best 22 but he'd be close and it's important that we can retain some of those players.
Oh no, you obviously missed our last half dozen games! I highly recommend them ... not so much the last one tho ...

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Unless we change from our contested style he's best 22.
I reckon he’s best 22 in a fair number of sides. What he adds doesn’t translate to stats every time, but you know that just by lurking around a patch of the ground he is unnerving the opposition. My second favourite part of the finals this year was Hawks Burton squibbing it on the basis of vdB heading in his general direction only with menace.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
"Here the comes the Pain"
I rate AVBD, but really think i love him more as a bloke. This says a lot about his character.
Stays with the club that been loyal to him, even though shits gong on in his personal life, the pull of his mother in Syd.

Good on ya Vanders

Back