Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Although it's great the club has come out and confirmed that there is no way that Parker is being traded (or that Parker was even entertaining the idea), the rumour mill in the media around trade week is an absolute circus. I reckon they should have a week's ban from writing any articles for any time a rumour they put out there is demonstrably false.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Although it's great the club has come out and confirmed that there is no way that Parker is being traded (or that Parker was even entertaining the idea), the rumour mill in the media around trade week is an absolute circus. I reckon they should have a week's ban from writing any articles for any time a rumour they put out there is demonstrably false.

It's shocking at this time of year, they can write whatever they want, yet aren't exposed to any negative consequences when they get it wrong. If an article contains the words 'reportedly' or 'unconfirmed' without a source, I tend to disregard it. It makes life much easier.

It's shocking at this time of year, they can write whatever they want, yet aren't exposed to any negative consequences when they get it wrong. If an article contains the words 'reportedly' or 'unconfirmed' without a source, I tend to disregard it. It makes life much easier.

The club has been pretty quick the last few seasons to say x player wants to go anyway

So if Parker or player whoever was off we would know anyway

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
The club has been pretty quick the last few seasons to say x player wants to go anyway

So if Parker or player whoever was off we would know anyway

Harley’s comments were that Parker is contracted and isn’t going anywhere and about him being happy.

It could well be true that he may have an offer and may even consider it but our position on him seems to be he is a required player, he signed a contract and under no circumstances will he be traded.

That’s quite different to Hannebery who we seem willing to let him go.

drasticswans

Senior List
Oct 4, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Mills before Heeney

Haven't heard much said about it within the club but coming out of the Draft he was touted as having exceptional leadership potential and Heeney had talked it up. Had also talked up Mills and his midfield prowess. I really hope we stick him in there fulltime and let him develop.

However might be a bit early. Parker could be the next captain if Kennedy stops being captain in the next 2-3years. Otherwise I see Mills being captain.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Would be surprised if his initials were R and N..... gosh some have got stuck into him today about the Parker rumours - he really does hate Sydney for whatever reason.
Does he? I honestly don’t know, I don’t have Twitter, only saw a snippet. To me he’s a dick, to a mate he’s a campaigner, to others...well, they like him.

mcs095

All Australian
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Does he? I honestly don’t know, I don’t have Twitter, only saw a snippet. To me he’s a dick, to a mate he’s a campaigner, to others...well, they like him.

I have no idea - but if you look at his twitter ranting today, he has not taken kindly to some swans fans getting into him after Parker's tweets last night.

I agree with your view of him to be honest.... A grade knob.

Back