Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this is the most logical transfer if all players agree.

Moore for Lloyd would probably be close to a fair exchange? So it'd just need to be a decent pick from Collingwood to GC to complete it.

As a Swans fan I really wouldn't want to complete that deal (I don't think Moore is worth Llyod's value, nor does he have the same runs on the board).

I also think there would have to be at least a first round selection given to GC on top of Llyod to prise away May (Who is probably worth two early- mid round selections).

As a Swans fan I really wouldn't want to complete that deal (I don't think Moore is worth Llyod's value, nor does he have the same runs on the board).

I also think there would have to be at least a first round selection given to GC on top of Llyod to prise away May (Who is probably worth two early- mid round selections).
I personally would give our 1st and Moore to get May.

A lot of pies fans do not agree with me but that is fair enough.

So how does this sound.

Suns get Lloyd and Pies 1st.
Pies get May and Swans 4th(we need points for Quaynor)
Swans get Moore and Suns 3rd.

Fair?

So how does this sound.

Fair?

That trade would be far closer to the mark.

All the talk is Sydney have either cooled interest in Moore (or never had it).

Apparently he stays at Collingwood now.

Interesting to see how we get May now as we desperately want him.

Last edited:
Yeah this is the most logical transfer if all players agree.

Moore for Lloyd would probably be close to a fair exchange? So it'd just need to be a decent pick from Collingwood to GC to complete it.

Suns won't trade May for a flanker when they will get a top 5 compo pick for him next year.

All the talk is Sydney have either cooled interest in Moore (or never had it).

Apparently he stays at Collingwood now.

Interesting to see how we get May now as we desperately want him.

Here is a left field scenario, we sign Moore by telling the Pies that we will stay out of the May race altogether, this allows the Pies to negotiate with confidence that a better deal is being offered?

If Moore stays then surely the May deal doesn’t get done
A they won’t have the required draft selections to entice GC
and
B The salary cap will be tight with Moore likely to get a tidy pay increase

Pies had put the second highest offer to Lynch (behind Hawthorn and just above the Tigers).

So i’m Sure they will have room to give Moore an extra $100,000 (if that’s even required) and bring in May.

So how does this sound.

Fair?
May is not worth Moore and a first, jesus christ. Take the first round pick out for a second and it's pretty fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May is not worth Moore and a first, jesus christ. Take the first round pick out for a second and it's pretty fair
May is worth a top #10 this year and will be a Top #3 pick in 12 months
Moore looks to be around #20 this year with his injury issue's

Pies 1st Rounder will be roughly #20 + after all the compo (lyncg,Gaff) Academy bids and father sons
your not getting May for #20+

May is worth a top #10 this year and will be a Top #3 pick in 12 months
Moore looks to be around #20 this year with his injury issue's

Pies 1st Rounder will be roughly #20 + after all the compo (lyncg,Gaff) Academy bids and father sons
your not getting May for #20+
I feel like if Richmond doesn’t get lynch for free and pies don’t simultaneously pay 2x first rounders for May you’re gonna cry

It hasnt really gone quiet coz it was never a hot topic in the first place. Sydney are a tight lipped club and Pies are still in the race.
You wont hear much if anything until Pies are done for the season.
Dont mistake that for Syd "cooling" or losing all interest...it is simple respect for another club.
Highly likely we are simply being used as a contract bargaining tool. We get a bit of that :rolleyes:

Not good to be a biased pies fan.

Moore can't get on the park with an injury nobody can diagnose.

I would definitely take May for Moore and our 1st.

I'd be fine with not getting May if moore was staying, but he's getting offered a better contract from Sydney.
That’s only one part of it. The main part is Sydney need to come up with s trade Pies accept. Moore only wants a bit more money, no one’s saying he’s unhappy at the Pies.

Not good to be a biased pies fan.

Moore can't get on the park with an injury nobody can diagnose.

I would definitely take May for Moore and our 1st.
203cm, 102kg players who move like Moore are rare. We have a very young player on our list who is worth persisting with. He hasn’t done a couple of ACL’s, it’s soft tissue injuries. He’s grown about 5cms since we drafted him. Maybe his hammys will settle in time. We’d all scream blue murder if we offloaded him cheaply and he came good next year for another club. He’d be the one who got away (that we already had).

203cm, 102kg players who move like Moore are rare. We have a very young player on our list who is worth persisting with. He hasn’t done a couple of ACL’s, it’s soft tissue injuries. He’s grown about 5cms since we drafted him. Maybe his hammys will settle in time. We’d all scream blue murder if we offloaded him cheaply and he came good next year for another club. He’d be the one who got away (that we already had).
Apparently there is no sign of any soft tissue injury and it may be mental.

However, I will admit I would love to keep a fit Moore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back