List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously don't want him so no point discussing it with you.

My post was more about the fact that we only have our first rounder and a cluster of 4th.
I don't want him for a first rounder. As stated, we don't know if he's going to be any good.

A future second is probably about right, maybe with a third back.

We can't really count hypothetical trades unless there's some real suggestion that they'll happen.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep. Just give them what we get for Tom (plus late pick for points if required)

We need to keep 2019 2nd. If we trade it we can't trade next year's 1st for shiel. ;)

* i think...

sainterryan

All Australian
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yea
Can’t help but think whatever we get for Hickey will be given to the Swans for Hanners.

Pick 35 more likely than 20.
Agree, if we trade next years second then I don’t think we can trade next years first so if we r looking to land a Shiel type this trade may be critical

Darkhour

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!
Why is that , because he kicked two against the hawks in Tassie on day ? One of them was some form of drop punt that doesn't have a name , it was spinning all directions :p
Being serious , he isn't a good kick

Roberton

Screenshot_2018-09-20-18-25-55.png

Last edited:

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
My post was more about the fact that we only have our first rounder and a cluster of 4th.
I don't want him for a first rounder. As stated, we don't know if he's going to be any good.

A future second is probably about right, maybe with a third back.

We can't really count hypothetical trades unless there's some real suggestion that they'll happen.
Doubt we will pay a first for him. Sydney need space and will come to the party.

Worth a late second. Maybe the pick we get for Hickey, unless we want to use that this year, in which case next year's second.

As others have suggested, if we need next year's first to execute a big trade then we can't trade our second as well.

I'm happy to have him TBH. Will provide some much needed physicality and take some heat off the others. I reckon Steele will benefit most.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
So Terry Wallet said that Hanners was cooked, the wrong type for Saints and it is trading incompetence to trade him in. Well he was at the press conference yesterday, did he put any of this to Dan?
He also said in his original comments that it was nothing against the player, they are free to get the best deal they can.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
As much as I'd love to see Hickey traded, and that Hickey for Hannebury is a pretty good deal for us... and then apparently we chase Shiel.

This begs the question - who will be our Ruck next year? Who are we bringing in if this plays out? Lycett seems off to Port, we don't seem to be chasing Preuss.

Sep 19, 2011
Moorabin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nothing except money.
Yeah i see Hanners like Wells. He only really has to be fit and firing at the right time and he could win you a premiership.
But Hanners has even more chance of getting back to full fitness and will play more games. Younger and didnt have a major history of injuries before last year. Future 2nd is a great trade imo.

King_Knut

Debutant
Jul 19, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Before he went down Robbo's kicking wasn't great. Those disposal efficiency numbers flatter him a bit because he'd always bomb it greater than 40m (without great success might I add).
Ross had 75% disposal efficiency as well. It isn't a great stat.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Obviously needs to be a "disposal excellence" stat. Ross rarely wastes the ball, but often there's little on offer for a player of his skill when he is under pressure. He often makes the "least worst" decision by foot.

Both Ross and Roberton were excellent kicks last season, and this is part of the reason they went 1-2 in the 2017 B&F.

Darkhour

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!
Before he went down Robbo's kicking wasn't great. Those disposal efficiency numbers flatter him a bit because he'd always bomb it greater than 40m (without great success might I add).
Of course it is, it can't really be anything but unless its reported incorrectly and there are enough eyes across the competition to ensure thats not the case.

Could their be a disposal excellence stat where every position hits to the advantage of a teammate, probably is.

Insiders typically have lower efficiency stats to a good outside mid. Simply because of the scrum that the onballers have to contend with.
You want your defenders to have really high efficiency. Roberton played as more of a rebounder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back