Weird uncommon games you loved

Remove this Banner Ad

What were the games that you loved to play but were relatively unknown games in popularity terms?

Games that when you told people about they were like 'wtf is that game? I've never heard of it?'

I'll kick it of.

SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO

In the early 2000's one of my mates somehow got hold of this game on playstation. We smashed the s**t out of it for a good 12 months.

It was a Japanese game that was a mixture of Candy Crush, Tetris & Street Fighter. Games were short and sweet (3 rounds at about 3 minutes a round) so it was perfect for big groups.

Loved vendetta. They had a arcade machine of it at the holiday resort we used to go to every summer hols. Once they left the front door open by mistake and we could push the 2up button for free all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks similar to double dragon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hidden & Dangerous series

Great WW2 tactical shooter series. Recently re-released on GOG and steam. Worth it in a sale

Forgotten Hope 2 was a mod for BF2 that took all the best elements of the original game and turned it in to a tactical, squad based, multiplayer masterpiece. It's still getting releases and patched - just no player base in Oz anymore :(

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

Hidden and Dangerous and Blood are pretty awesome suggestions. Add Blood 2 to that too. Straight away I remember a few games I played that I never really heard much about since from anyone at all

Redneck Rampage

Kingpin. This was big among me and my mates in high school. After we got home from school we'd get a MSN Messenger group chat going then take turns hosting games because of trusty old 56k internet. Single player was pretty edgy back then too!

And why I clicked on the thread. Boogerman on MegaDrive.

Hidden and Dangerous and Blood are pretty awesome suggestions. Add Blood 2 to that too. Straight away I remember a few games I played that I never really heard much about since from anyone at all

Redneck Rampage

FUUUUCK. I'd completely forgotten that game!! Played the s**t out of it with one mate.

Call of Juarez I really liked, when the first Red Dead was all the rage
Call of Juarez looked 10 tomes better than RDR on the trailers.

I was so pumped for it but the game never lived up to the hype

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jagged alliance 2. isometric turn-based rpg/action, not too unlike early fallout. high replay value, still play this from time to time.
world empire (pc). risk type game, includes pictures of yellow skinned people with slitty eyes.

bar games

nightmare on elm street (pc). atmospheric, and one of those notoriously difficult games.

dark earth

Came in to post this. First game that came to mind. Shake shake. Blast Corps as well for N64.
I'm kind of suprised Blast Corps never got a sequel or reboot. It was an extremely good puzzly type game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back