Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Shai must have been disappointed we signed Ballas for another year.

Probably realised he’d have to work to get into the side and knew it would be too much.
Apparently Shai bolton is a Eagles supporter and would rather be castrated than play for the dockers perhaps give ballantyne another 2 year extentsion

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Just like Menegola, Steward and Kelly have really been held back by Geelong's system. God you are a nuffy!
Agree it’s not the system. It’s the coach. Mature age players can do well under Scott but he just can’t seem to develop younger players.

Few (if any) players recruited from the junior system under the Scott regime have reached their potential.

I don’t doubt you. Just interested that it hasn’t been announced yet, even though other resigning have been.

I do know. I can count more than one.

Word is that it's agreed but not signed. Considering his manager (Carr), he'll probably hold off until the last minute in the hope that another offer comes in so he can push for more.

If it wasn't for Dusty (same manager), I'd show the player the door rather than deal with that bloke. I'd consider losing a fringe player with potential to be an acceptable loss to get that guy away from the club. Unfortunately with Dusty seeming to like the guy, we're stuck with him, so we might as well keep Bolton too.

Premiers17

Senior List
Oct 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-03/tiger-bolton-signs-on-because-he-loves-the-club
RICHMOND has retained one of its most exciting young talents after re-signing small forward Shai Bolton.

In March, the uncontracted West Australian put talks for a new deal on hold until the end of the season, sparking fears he could depart Punt Road.

However, Bolton's manager, Ralph Carr, told AFL.com.au on Wednesday his client had finalised a new deal with the Tigers, but preferred not to divulge the length of contract.

"We're excited to re-sign, Shai was always going to because he loves the club," Carr said.

"We put talks on hold until the end of the year but that was more so Shai could concentrate on his football and developing his game.

"He loves the club, loves the facilities – Richmond has the best indigenous facilities in the AFL – and he can't wait to return for the pre-season."

Taken with pick No.29 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft, Bolton played six games in a highly promising debut season.

The 19-year-old played just three games this year because of injury, form and Richmond's settled senior line-up, but his speed, goal sense and defensive pressure suggests he has a bright future.

Bolton's re-signing is a coup for Richmond, which is poised to lose valuable depth with Reece Conca, Sam Lloyd, Corey Ellis, Anthony Miles, Jacob Townsend and Tyson Stengle all expected to depart in the upcoming player exchange period.

However, the Tigers are set to land this year's biggest free agency prize, with former Gold Coast captain Tom Lynch nominating Punt Road as his preferred new home on Tuesday.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back