List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah!....Josh Caddy, the ex -Sun I've come to love and admire.... "when the going get tough"................

so does Josh.............he goes so far, he's not even sighted.....I'm so thankful he's not with us any more. maybe he can catch up with Hally and share a coffee, with 2 straws...;););)

And a late entry from Fox Footy......after tonight's game

Josh Caddy

Nope. No good. 1

Last edited:
I know it’s nice to see Richmond fail but personally all I feel this time of the year is extreme jealousy of all the finalists. I can’t imagine the suns even getting the chance to embarrass themselves in a final.
It will happen one day. I remember supporting the Bears when they first made a final in 1995 against Carlton. They lost bravely, but it was a proud moment to finally reach that point.

I know it’s nice to see Richmond fail but personally all I feel this time of the year is extreme jealousy of all the finalists. I can’t imagine the suns even getting the chance to embarrass themselves in a final.
Nothing wrong with being envious. I know I am.

But if Melbourne and Collingwood and Richmond can rise from thier respective ashes then we can too.

Trust the process.

Nothing wrong with being envious. I know I am.

But if Melbourne and Collingwood and Richmond can rise from thier respective ashes then we can too.

Trust the process.

Our process has just been rewound & reset 4 years, but I’m trusting they bloody well get it right this time!

It will happen one day. I remember supporting the Bears when they first made a final in 1995 against Carlton. They lost bravely, but it was a proud moment to finally reach that point.
That season is the reason I am an optimist. At 3 wins and 7 losses everyone wrote the Bears off. We could win at the Gabba, but nowhere else. At 4 wins and 11 losses, coach Robert Walls announced he was quitting at the end of the season but gave his word to see out his contract and coach until the end of the season, which bizarrely ended in finals and his resignation.

Weird scheduling meant that we played the final 3 rounds of the season at home needing to win all 3 and hope no other team could do so. Everything went right for a team that usually nothing went right for and losing to Carlton in a close final was no disgrace. It was their 9th season and the side made it to the prelims the next season, again losing to the eventual premiers in the finals.

Here's the Wikipedia excerpt-

"Brisbane Bears made an exceptional late season charge to reach the finals for the first time in team history.
  • The Bears sat 14th after 15 rounds with a win/loss record of 4-11 and a percentage of 83.2%.
  • In Round 16 at the Gabba against Hawthorn, the Bears trailed Hawthorn by 45 points at three-quarter time, but scored nine goals to one in the final quarter to pull off a seven-point victory. It remains the largest three-quarter time deficit ever overcome in VFL/AFL history. The Bears were still in 14th place at the end of the game.
  • Brisbane won its next two games against bottom eight opposition to reach 12th place, but were to face Carlton, Richmond and Essendon (who then held the top three places respectively) in the following three weeks. Against all odds, Brisbane lost to Carlton by only 14 points, then thrashed the Tigers by 77 points and beat Essendon by 32 points.
  • At the start of the final round, Melbourne, Collingwood and Brisbane sat 8th, 9th and 10th respectively, all on nine wins. Brisbane needed to beat Melbourne, and rely on Sydney (12th place) beating Collingwood to reach the finals. Brisbane beat Melbourne by 21 points of Friday night, then watched on Sunday as Sydney scored eight final quarter goals to overhaul Collingwood by 23 points.
  • The Bears finals appearance was short-lived, as the eventual premiers Carlton beat them by 13 points in the first week of the finals in a very high standard game
  • However, the 10 wins and 12 losses of Brisbane in 1995, remains the worst record of a team in VFL/AFL history which qualified a team for the finals (excluding those seasons where more than half of teams qualified for the finals)."

Kyal Horsely just won his 4th flag in a bog performance as captain of subiaco in the wafl. Subiaco were undefeated all year and won the Colts, b grade and the league

Kyal Horsely just won his 4th flag in a bog performance as captain of subiaco in the wafl. Subiaco were undefeated all year and won the Colts, b grade and the league
Theres going through the season undefeated, then theres going through the season undefeated with a percentage in excess of 220%, won 1 game by less than 10 points, then i think the next closest anyone got was about 4 goals. - After taking away Liam Ryan and his 73 goals from 2017.
In my opinion easily the strongest 2nd tier club in the country at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaching NEAFL local teams not AFL connected is much easing than coaching Suns GWS Swans etc.
Could you imagine coaching a team where your best players get promoted out most weeks
That's why Daniels only lasted 1 year.

If his calves weren’t completely shot I would’ve taken a flyer on him for a year.
Get him back at the club he never wanted to leave, and all his old mates got the boot and replaced by stronger characters. If it went up in flames it would have been an indictment on him that he just doesn’t want to be a footballer.
But I doubt anyone will go near him. Why did Freo give him that extension in the first place?

And I guess we’ve officially come out on top in that trade now yeah?

Okay, work with me here but if we put the Harley trade and the Weller trade together, does this mean that we let go of Harley and Brandon and picked up Weller and Ballard for pick 18?

I'm okay with that :D

Suns playing the long game here.

I would throw him a life line, I know many would disagree but I loved watching him play
The only problem is would we even get to watch him play? His calves have somehow gotten worse since he left.

But I agree. Watching Harley play was something else. It’s why a tiny part of me wants Rankine, even though he’ll probably only be around 2 years. Apparently is similar in terms of just lighting a game up with his silk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back