Remove this Banner Ad

My 2014 Draft Re-Do

1. Isaac Heeney (Pick 18)
2. Harris Andrews (Pick 61)
3. Jordan De Goey (Pick 5)
4. Jake Lever (Pick 14)
5. Angus Brayshaw (Pick 3)
6. Toby McLean (Pick 26)
7. Adam Saad (RD (Rookie Draft) Pick 25)
8. Christian Petracca (Pick 2)
9. Kane Lambert (RD Pick 46)
10. Caleb Marchbank (Pick 6)
11. Oscar McDonald (Pick 53)
12. Connor Blakely (Pick 34)
13. Conor McKenna (RD Pick 62)
14. Lachie Weller (Pick 13)
15. Jayden Short (RD Pick 11)
16. Touk Miller (Pick 30)
17. Jack Steele (Pick 25)
18. Mitch McGovern (Pick 44)
19. Ed Langdon (Pick 55)
20. Darcy Moore (Pick 9)
21. Dougal Howard (Pick 57)
22. Alex Neal-Bullen (Pick 41)
23. Peter Wright (Pick 8)
24. Dan Butler (Pick 68)
25. Brayden Maynard (Pick 31)
26. Caleb Daniel (Pick 47)
27. Shaun McKernan (RD Pick 12)
28. Zaine Cordy (Pick 63)
29. Liam Duggan (Pick 11)
30. Paul Ahern (Pick 7)
31. Nakia Cockatoo (Pick 10)
32. Kyle Langford (Pick 18)
33. Jason Castagna (RD Pick 29)
34. Jack Sinclair (RD Pick 1)
35. Daniel Howe (Pick 32)
36. Bailey Dale (Pick 46)
37. Paddy McCartin (Pick 1)
38. Jeremy Finlayson (Pick 86)
39. Mason Cox (RD Pick 60)
40. Lewis Melican (RD Pick 52)

Players who missed out (Draft number in brackets)

Jarrod Pickett (4), Corey Ellis (12), Sam Durdin (17), Jayden Laverde (21), Daniel McKenzie (23), Pat McKenna (24), Connor Menadue (34), Harrison Wigg (36), Ed Vickers-Willis (37), James Rose (38), Jack Lonie (42), Billy Stretch (43), Liam Dawson (45), Cory Gregson (48), Teia Miles (50), Marc Pittonet (51), Jackson Nelson (52), Nathan Drummond (53), Jordan Cunico (60), Logan Austin (70), Billy Frampton (85), Aaron vandenBerg (RD 2), Roarke Smith (RD 5), Reilly O'Brien (RD 9), Ethan Hughes (RD 13), Braydon Preuss (RD 15), Nic Newman (RD 35), Jake Long (RD 47), Ivan Soldo (RD 68), Jordan Foote (RD 76)
James Harmes stiff to miss the 40

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

James Harmes stiff to miss the 40

Technically was drafted it the year before, they have the following year"s year on the draft. I.e last year's rookie draft was the 2018 rookie draft. He made my top 40 for the 2013 Draft Year tho.

My 2014 Draft Re-Do

1. Isaac Heeney (Pick 18)
2. Harris Andrews (Pick 61)
3. Jordan De Goey (Pick 5)
4. Jake Lever (Pick 14)
5. Angus Brayshaw (Pick 3)
6. Toby McLean (Pick 26)
7. Adam Saad (RD (Rookie Draft) Pick 25)
8. Christian Petracca (Pick 2)
9. Kane Lambert (RD Pick 46)
10. Caleb Marchbank (Pick 6)
11. Oscar McDonald (Pick 53)
12. Connor Blakely (Pick 34)
13. Conor McKenna (RD Pick 62)
14. Lachie Weller (Pick 13)
15. Jayden Short (RD Pick 11)
16. Touk Miller (Pick 30)
17. Jack Steele (Pick 25)
18. Mitch McGovern (Pick 44)
19. Ed Langdon (Pick 55)
20. Darcy Moore (Pick 9)
21. Dougal Howard (Pick 57)
22. Alex Neal-Bullen (Pick 41)
23. Peter Wright (Pick 8)
24. Dan Butler (Pick 68)
25. Brayden Maynard (Pick 31)
26. Caleb Daniel (Pick 47)
27. Shaun McKernan (RD Pick 12)
28. Zaine Cordy (Pick 63)
29. Liam Duggan (Pick 11)
30. Paul Ahern (Pick 7)
31. Nakia Cockatoo (Pick 10)
32. Kyle Langford (Pick 18)
33. Jason Castagna (RD Pick 29)
34. Jack Sinclair (RD Pick 1)
35. Daniel Howe (Pick 32)
36. Bailey Dale (Pick 46)
37. Paddy McCartin (Pick 1)
38. Jeremy Finlayson (Pick 86)
39. Mason Cox (RD Pick 60)
40. Lewis Melican (RD Pick 52)

Players who missed out (Draft number in brackets)

Jarrod Pickett (4), Corey Ellis (12), Sam Durdin (17), Jayden Laverde (21), Daniel McKenzie (23), Pat McKenna (24), Connor Menadue (34), Harrison Wigg (36), Ed Vickers-Willis (37), James Rose (38), Jack Lonie (42), Billy Stretch (43), Liam Dawson (45), Cory Gregson (48), Teia Miles (50), Marc Pittonet (51), Jackson Nelson (52), Nathan Drummond (53), Jordan Cunico (60), Logan Austin (70), Billy Frampton (85), Aaron vandenBerg (RD 2), Roarke Smith (RD 5), Reilly O'Brien (RD 9), Ethan Hughes (RD 13), Braydon Preuss (RD 15), Nic Newman (RD 35), Jake Long (RD 47), Ivan Soldo (RD 68), Jordan Foote (RD 76)
Great re-do!

personally i'd have Maynard, Steel, Langford, Blakely, Newman, Weller, Daniel, Lambert and maybe McGovern higher.... from there it's tough to pick some sliders in your list as it's very well thought out but maybe to offset the ones moving higher i'd pull the likes of Petracca, Saad, McDonald, McKenna, McCartin, Lever and Moore back a few from their positions.

Really can't argue with Heeney as #1 but if my club had the benefit of drafting in hindsight and they had the #1 pick i'd be gutted if they didn't take Andrews based both on how good he is now and what the upside looks like after 4 yrs in the league.

Fantastic, well balanced re-do!

I think a lot of people including myself thought Petracca would have a massive breakout this year. He’s had a good start to the year and then he was relatively inconsistent. However his last few weeks have been good. And coming into finals he could be huge.

I’d say he needs to lose about 5 or so KGs. Listed at 96kg. Hopefully a big pre season and a big year next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s right up the top of everyone’s rankings next year in the draft class.

Collingwood hit the jackpot with de goey. I doubt anyone could have predicted he'd turn out this good but the fact is that no other player in this draft class is close to his worth on the open market. feel for Melbourne b/c petracca looked the goods but now I'm worried if he ever becomes anything more than just a good AFL player. De Goey is basically superior to him in every facet but nobody could of predicted this at draft time.

Would have to concede Andrews though and depending on what you value there is a legitimate argument he goes #1. They are both way ahead of everybody else. Heeney is very overrated imo.

The big mover in the next season or so will be Paul Ahern imo, if injury free he is awesome

I think a lot of people including myself thought Petracca would have a massive breakout this year. He’s had a good start to the year and then he was relatively inconsistent. However his last few weeks have been good. And coming into finals he could be huge.

I’d say he needs to lose about 5 or so KGs. Listed at 96kg. Hopefully a big pre season and a big year next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s right up the top of everyone’s rankings next year in the draft class.

Considering all the games he's missed so far, Gus Brayshaw is starting to look like the best from that draft. Has been A grade since the byes.

Still happy with Petracca, Brayshaw, Neal-Bullen & Vandenberg. All vital clogs in our team.

Not to mention Lever and Stretch to come back into the team next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood hit the jackpot with de goey. I doubt anyone could have predicted he'd turn out this good but the fact is that no other player in this draft class is close to his worth on the open market. feel for Melbourne b/c petracca looked the goods but now I'm worried if he ever becomes anything more than just a good AFL player. De Goey is basically superior to him in every facet but nobody could of predicted this at draft time.

Would have to concede Andrews though and depending on what you value there is a legitimate argument he goes #1. They are both way ahead of everybody else. Heeney is very overrated imo.

The big mover in the next season or so will be Paul Ahern imo, if injury free he is awesome

You’re not worried, you’re thrilled. They’re 22 and Petracca did a knee first up, let’s hold up on writing him off hey. This time 6 months ago De Goey was close to being sacked. He’s since exploded and signed a huge deal.

You’re not worried, you’re thrilled. They’re 22 and Petracca did a knee first up, let’s hold up on writing him off hey. This time 6 months ago De Goey was close to being sacked. He’s since exploded and signed a huge deal.
Look Petrecca as some ability but De Goey is bigger, faster, stronger and has better skills. Last night he pulled Rance's to the sword who people were talking about as the best defender in decades. The reason why his market value is so high is because he wins matches, no other player in this draft has that kind of talent.

Last edited:
Look Petrecca as some ability but De Goey is bigger, faster, stronger and has better skills. Last night he pulled Rance's to the sword who people were talking about as the best defender in decades. The reason why his market value is so high is because he wins matches, no other player in this draft has that kind talent.

Heeney = overrated, doesn't have the talent to win matches

*watches Melbourne v Sydney again*

Haha, ok

Your fondness of de goey might be a little one eyed there....
I think it's more likely the other way round. There's little doubt that if all players in the AFL were put up for sale tomorrow De Goey would be in top handful in terms of price. For whatever reason people itt have great difficulty with that reality.

Look Petrecca as some ability but De Goey is bigger, faster, stronger and has better skills. Last night he pulled Rance's to the sword who people were talking about as the best defender in decades. The reason why his market value is so high is because he wins matches, no other player in this draft has that kind of talent.
you mean wins games of their own boot like Petracca did in last years queens birthday?

you mean wins games of their own boot like Petracca did in last years queens birthday?

again note the plural. Petracca just doesn't get the job done very often at all - bit part player atm.

next you'll be saying jack watts is a match winner because played well against Collingwood once ;)

Melksham murdered Rance too, he’s not a great 1v1 defender. De Goey is certainly faster, but i’m not sure he’s bigger or stronger. At the moment, he’s got it figured out and Petracca hasn’t quite.

Melksham murdered Rance too, he’s not a great 1v1 defender. De Goey is certainly faster, but i’m not sure he’s bigger or stronger. At the moment, he’s got it figured out and Petracca hasn’t quite.
Petracca is 186cm, De Goey is 191cm. That is significantly bigger.

De Goey's also shown he can do it onball as well which you'd remember from the Queen's Birthday. To say he's ahead of Petracca and Heeney is an understatement. I don't know why Melbourne and Sydney supporters have so much trouble with this,

Petracca is 186cm, De Goey is 191cm. That is significantly bigger.

De Goey's also shown he can do it onball as well which you'd remember from the Queen's Birthday. To say he's ahead of Petracca and Heeney is an understatement. I don't know why Melbourne and Sydney supporters have so much trouble with this,
Obviously De Goey is ahead, its just quite funny how keen you are to shut the door behind him.

Degoey has top 5 player in the whole comp ability and wouldn't be surprised if hes almost there next year . Petracca has a tonne of talent but something about him makes me think he hasn't matured enough just yet to realise how good he can be .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back