Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickfaxis

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
With the addition of fit B.Crouch & Smith, I personally feel like that’s enough for immediate needs.

What makes you think B Crouch will be fit? I have zero confidence in his body whatsoever. He's got Jack Trengove vibes.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
What if...

Despite all the Port talk, Lycett is actually coming to the Crows?

We nail a new first ruck for the next 5 years without having to give up any draft picks thanks to the spare money from McGovern bailing, leaving us free to pursue deals to improve our draft position.

If he’s watching Port lose Polec and throw the likes of Wingard on the table, surely he’s smelling a rebuild at Alberton and the chance to join our crew looks a lot better in comparison.

Hopefully the Eagles win the flag this weekend so he’s happy to move on.

He’s no world beater but I reckon he’s good enough given all the other elements in play.

Aug 20, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC
What if...

We nail a new first ruck for the next 5 years without having to give up any draft picks thanks to the spare money from McGovern bailing, leaving us free to pursue deals to improve our draft position.

If he’s watching Port lose Polec and throw the likes of Wingard on the table, surely he’s smelling a rebuild at Alberton and the chance to join our crew looks a lot better in comparison.

He’s no world beater but I reckon he’s good enough given all the other elements in play.

Rather Preuss tbh. I'm not prepared to handover all that money for Lycett

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Rather Preuss tbh. I'm not prepared to handover all that money for Lycett
Agreed, Preuss will come much cheaper and will hopefully be a good replacement for Sauce once he gets some regular game time. Lycett is a good solid ruck but he is never going to be a gun.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
What if...

That's a point... we better not bag him too much at least until Port is confirmed

Same with Gov. Tone down the lazy, money hungry, fatso chat just in case he gets talked back into staying

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Don't want Lycett, just not that good IMO not worth the price. Port can have him.
Don't want Lukosius, too expensive, would rather 2 picks in the 6-12 range.

Do want Preusssssss
Toyota Preuss

It's almost too perfect

In fact, bags that as my new user name if we get him

What if...

Because Lycett sucks and we're not dumb enough to recruit him (hopefully)

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Don't want Lycett, just not that good IMO not worth the price. Port can have him.
Don't want Lukosius, too expensive, would rather 2 picks in the 6-12 range.

Do want Preusssssss
To be honest, I'd happily hand over whatever is required to get the best SA lad this year.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree ....this is the new ruckman ....this is why I ponder the Preuss style Ruckman ??

Mummy worked in GWS because he had so many quick midfielders around him .....but at the Crows, that's not our strength, so I am questioning whether the slow lumbering, but aggressive, Ruckman suits our current setup

What slow lumbering aggressive ruckman?

Your keen eye for talent declared him to be Jenkins like.

Don’t tell me you were making up your assessment on a player you’d never seen

You’d never do that. No, I just won’t hear of it, won’t stand for it. :D :D

Fivel_79

Senior List
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Hull City AFC, Pacers
Lycett was good yesterday but no way he'd come to The Crows. He's a Port man and much like Polec no amount of money could change that.... oh wait, hang on!

Regardless, I think West Coast will match especially if Gaff leaves so he may not be a free hit.

Horseflee

Debutant
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lycett was good yesterday but no way he'd come to The Crows. He's a Port man and much like Polec no amount of money could change that.... oh wait, hang on!

Regardless, I think West Coast will match especially if Gaff leaves so he may not be a free hit.
West Coast will be happy to lose Lycett, they have better options on the way from either the saints or GWS

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

That’s a fair point on matching. Especially if it’s a club like Port or is with a top ten pick or two.

$$$ cheaper options

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You need to

unnamed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back