Venables Selection - Eagles V Demons Prelim

Who get's your nod for Prelim selection?

• Ah Chee

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ainsworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venables

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been very bullish on DV since he debuted - I think he’s quality. My thought though was that I can’t wait to see him with 70 games under his belt because I think he has all the tools to be a very special footballer. I think he follows a similar development path as De Goey.

When he gets it- good things invariably happen. He looks for the attacking option and has the skills to take it.

His hands were so good today.

Venables..Gee..skills.
Super game.
Loved it when he beat Jordan Lewis in a contest.
Loved it when he beat Harmes as well...had a laugh thinking Harmes got a little lost in his Shuey tag role..mistaken identity. I put it down to perceived pressure.
This thread should die now. Think the question was answered today emphatically.

Want to say coming of age game but I think he can go a step better. But seriously he can be as good as shuey his fend off are good.

But he picks the ball up well better then shuey. A star but needs work on accumulation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fumble city. Enter: Venables

giphy.gif

Fumble city. Enter: Venables

giphy.gif
And the left handed handball too. Amazing how many players are one sided by both hand and foot.

EDIT - this is obviously a good thing from Venners. The comment about one sidedness was a knock on other players in the AFL. Didn’t want to be seen as potting DV but could potentially have been construed as that (I’m assuming DV is right handed!)

Last edited:
His spin, whilst not as clean, was a similar style to how Judd would spin out of a tackle.

I'm not getting ahead of myself at all

His spin, whilst not as clean, was a similar style to how Judd would spin out of a tackle.

I'm not getting ahead of myself at all
Every now and then he does something, usually breaking through traffic, and I do a double take thinking I’ve seen that burst of acceleration before

I think he has what it takes to be our best midfielder in 4 years time, he's that good a prospect.

His hands in close, balance and pace are elite, and he has the frame to be a big power midfielder- once he fills out he will be sized similar to a Dusty/Danger/Yeo/Fyfe type.

What he needs is the windtank and experience to get his disposal numbers up, and that's just a question of time.

He's handy at the moment but the best reason for him to play is so a few seasons down the track when he is a key player, he already has serious finals experience under his belt.

He has the most potential of all our young fellas oozes potential and I’d say he could even eclipse Shuey as a player down the track

Back