Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Something to very aware of when calling out players as spuds etc. They do read social media & it can have a devastating effect. Part of a Josh Green article

"Not many people know this, but at the time, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and was put on medication and was seeing someone to help deal with it.

I can confidently say that if it wasn’t for the support of both footy clubs, my family and my girlfriend, I don’t know where I would be.

The constant pressure to perform and constant social media bullying were the main things I struggled with, and this will be something I have to deal with for the rest of my life."

Quick forum etiquette check ... I know we can report posts on our board or on the main board if they contain attacking or offensive content etc ... if you are on someone else's board (eg Freo) and someone posts something that you would report if it was on your own board do you still report it or just quietly leave it to the natives to choose their own board culture?

I think I answered it through asking the question out loud but still interested in any comments ...

Quick forum etiquette check ... I know we can report posts on our board or on the main board if they contain attacking or offensive content etc ... if you are on someone else's board (eg Freo) and someone posts something that you would report if it was on your own board do you still report it or just quietly leave it to the natives to choose their own board culture?

I think I answered it through asking the question out loud but still interested in any comments ...

I report it, and let them sort it out.

The Front Bar on tonight 8.30 nation wide apparently.......NSW and QLD on 7Mate

And Sam says his goodbyes on TFS as the 9 network can't guarantee it will be on next year in the present format or if he will be part of that format...

Have been flicking from one to the other.......TFS has improved since Eddie's been back and I think if the show is to continue without Sam, imo it will fail completely..

...they need to get rid of Billy and stupid Crawford, both too silly and immature, much as I love Billy from my Cats days. Get more of the likable , not necessarily super funny ones either, footy players, change them up a bit etc..

Have been flicking from one to the other.......TFS has improved since Eddie's been back and I think if the show is to continue without Sam, imo it will fail completely..

...they need to get rid of Billy and stupid Crawford, both too silly and immature, much as I love Billy from my Cats days. Get more of the likable , not necessarily super funny ones either, footy players, change them up a bit etc..
I haven't watched TFS in probably 5+ years and I would have no desire to start or re-start watching it again with the likes of Eddie, Sam, Purple, Brownless, Crawford and what now, Swan, Judd and Fevola. None of them are insightful, funny or particularly likeable. The show has been on death row for years and the sooner they put it of misery, the better.

To be honest I don't watch the Front Bar (for pretty much the same reasons) or that stupid Lowdown show or Bounce on Fox either. Every other footy show I record and series link and given my limited time, pretty much fast forward through most only watching Lions stuff or other selected things of interest. I used to watch After the Bounce up until this year, but it tries to be funny, when its not, and aside from Dunstall, I can't stand any of them on that show, but getting back TFS; yawn...

Random thought. Cameron Rayner was compared to Dusty fair bit.. But I just watched Fagan's season review pt 2 and his highlights actually reminded me a lot of Jordan DeGoey.

Randomly related to footy, injuries anyhow. Check this short video out, WOW!

Very interesting read the post that comes with it as well.

Edit- Have a look at his Instagram link, some amazing physical stuff on there.

Last edited:

Given that he has a solid history of sprains he was possible hyper mobile to begin with so needs to strengthen. Would hate to see someone with short ligaments and tendons try that - ever!!!

Once went to a world class marathoner talk and she said that she (and others at her level)had been tested and had freakish way above normal ability to metabolise fat at a cellular level during exercise. Needed years of training to optimise but couldn't go past the genetic capability maximum. I'm definitely in the you can make massive improvements to any body type for any exercise type but believe there are limits. And for games like Afl there are so many different skills and abilities required that no single factor is the limit - just your ability to employ all the skills essentially at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who has gone through a bunch of injuries that both makes me cringe and amazed at the same time. Also at the same time it agrees with what my physio friend has been talking to me about getting the strength up through proper training can lead to some amazing things you can do.

Dayne Beams getting a lot of love on the Punter Board. I've got an funny feeling that he won't poll as well as last year but we'll see.

Some potential good news on the father-son/daughter front with Darryl and Bianca expecting again. Number 8 I think it is.

That is good news..talking of which...I see a selective breeding programme has been introduced at Hawthorn...

Trent Croad, 38, has a new lady in his life. The ex-Hawks star is dating Kate Jesaulenko, who is the daughter of footballer Alex Jesaulenko.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...iend-Kate-Jesaulenko-split-Kym-Valentine.html

Some potential good news on the father-son/daughter front with Darryl and Bianca expecting again. Number 8 I think it is.

Another White child to break our hearts. This one will be a champion Tiddlywinks player or Sand Castle Sculpter.

Well not Australian Football related but football related nonetheless. I haven’t been to a rugby league game for probably 15 years but for round- about reasons actually ended up at the QLD Cup rugby league GF today at Suncorp. There were nearly 8000 there which was pretty good I thought but SANFL got 40k to their GF today and WAFL 25k so small in comparison I guess. As someone who has no usual connection to the game it was kind of weird to see how well Redcliffe and Easts are still supported. Heaps of people decked out in a variety of merch that would rival the Lions for sure. I could only dream of having local Australian footy clubs with this level of support. It surprised me a bit though that so many supporters left as soon as the game finished and so many Easts supporters left early when a late try to Redcliffe meant the game was over. Win or lose I always hang around until the end for a Lions game and I would have thought if you were following essentially community clubs like these you'd stick around after the game and celebrate or commiserate with the players. As for the game: yeah, ok, Easts weren't really in it after half time and in terms of skill levels I have trouble telling the difference between this level and NRL. I'm just not a league person but when they change angles a bit and break the line it's pretty exciting.

Well not Australian Football related but football related nonetheless. I haven’t been to a rugby league game for probably 15 years but for round- about reasons actually ended up at the QLD Cup rugby league GF today at Suncorp. There were nearly 8000 there which was pretty good I thought but SANFL got 40k to their GF today and WAFL 25k so small in comparison I guess. As someone who has no usual connection to the game it was kind of weird to see how well Redcliffe and Easts are still supported. Heaps of people decked out in a variety of merch that would rival the Lions for sure. I could only dream of having local Australian footy clubs with this level of support. It surprised me a bit though that so many supporters left as soon as the game finished and so many Easts supporters left early when a late try to Redcliffe meant the game was over. Win or lose I always hang around until the end for a Lions game and I would have thought if you were following essentially community clubs like these you'd stick around after the game and celebrate or commiserate with the players. As for the game: yeah, ok, Easts weren't really in it after half time and in terms of skill levels I have trouble telling the difference between this level and NRL. I'm just not a league person but when they change angles a bit and break the line it's pretty exciting.
I don't follow Rugby League at all anymore but back in the day I was just as fanatical about following my beloved Valleys in the BRL as I am now with the Lions. From the late 1960s to 1988 when the Broncos came in and signaled the end of that great high level suburban/tribal rivalry it was Valleys for me. I watched them for a few years after that but I was gradually brainwashed into a Broncos season ticket holder for a number of years until jumping on the Lions bandwagon around 1999-2000. It's now Lions for me until I depart this mortal coil.

I don't follow Rugby League at all anymore but back in the day I was just as fanatical about following my beloved Valleys in the BRL as I am now with the Lions. From the late 1960s to 1988 when the Broncos came in and signaled the end of that great high level suburban/tribal rivalry it was Valleys for me. I watched them for a few years after that but I was gradually brainwashed into a Broncos season ticket holder for a number of years until jumping on the Lions bandwagon around 1999-2000. It's now Lions for me until I depart this mortal coil.

I got googling today at the game and found out that the Brothers team from the old BRL days who are not even in the comp anymore are actually putting up an NRL expansion bid! Redcliffe and the Ipswich Jets are also in as well as another bid called the Brisbane Bombers.

I’d rather watch a State league game than the NRL. The defence is less regimented and the players are slightly less fit but I don’t think the skills are that far off the elite level. This results in more opportunistic attack rather than practised set moves designed to break down defences. It is a lot more fun to watch - plus it is still genuinely local footy, even with the influx of NRL contracted players. I haven’t been to a local grand final for a while but it was always a fun day.

Incidentally, I went to the AFLQ Div 1 grand final day this year at Yeronga and they got a fairly decent crowd given it was a contest between two sides from the Sunny Coast.

I got googling today at the game and found out that the Brothers team from the old BRL days who are not even in the comp anymore are actually putting up an NRL expansion bid! Redcliffe and the Ipswich Jets are also in as well as another bid called the Brisbane Bombers.
I'm an old Brothers boys from way back. Got to see them break their 19 year GF drought in 1987 at Lang Park, the year before the Broncos entered the NRL and changed League in QLD forever.

I'm an old Brothers boys from way back. Got to see them break their 19 year GF drought in 1987 at Lang Park, the year before the Broncos entered the NRL and changed League in QLD forever.
I spent a lot of time in the pig pen at Corbett Park, one of my best mates was a supporter of the Brethren, Valleys usually got the better of them, Marty Scanlan, Ross Threlfo, Gerry Fitzpatrick, John Crilly, Hugh O'Doherty just too good.:cool::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back