Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players from our '04 premiership team are now the reigning premiership coaches in the AFL, SANFL and WAFL.

Finding it difficult to see any current players going in to coaching in a capacity greater than 'well its easier than finding work in a different business' way... Ryder and Gray maybe.

Sent from mTalk

Finding it difficult to see any current players going in to coaching in a capacity greater than 'well its easier than finding work in a different business' way... Ryder and Gray maybe.

Sent from mTalk

Both those guys are pretty quiet. I can't really think of any of our current players as a senior coach except for maybe Jonas.

Sent from mTalk

I get what you mean, but then if someone had told me back in the day that Stuart Dew would have the dedication and acumen to become an AFL head coach, I'd have questioned their sanity.

Ditts on MMM stating no priority picks for GC or Carlton, instead both clubs will get priority access to 3 state league players ahead of the draft.
I wonder if they will be able to on trade those players?

I’d be keen to get Nathan Krueger to Port. A swap for Pittard/Hombsch would be a decent result for both clubs.

I'm actually fine with that. They get a few senior bodies to help them get competitive, but they won't be able to pick the cream of the draft talent crop, as the vast majority of those players get picked up in their draft year.

I'm guessing Mitch Grigg will be one who ends up on one of their lists.

THE 2018 SANFL grand final will be “forever tainted” after this controversial side claimed victory, furious fans are claiming
NORTH Adelaide have defeated Norwood by 19 points in the SANFL grand final to complete a remarkable rags-to-riches tale.
North, coached by ex-AFL player Josh Carr, have risen from finishing bottom last year to win the premiership with a 19.10 (124) to 15.15 (105) triumph on Sunday.
The club’s spot in the grand final was only confirmed by the SANFL tribunal last Tuesday night after the club fielded an extra player for a period in their preliminary final victory.
The controversy was a hot talking point in the footy world as opposition stars took to social media to slam the “rigged” farce.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/c...y/news-story/40ad30a36476e84716ffd6cc6e3941b8
The sooking has started..:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually fine with that. They get a few senior bodies to help them get competitive, but they won't be able to pick the cream of the draft talent crop, as the vast majority of those players get picked up in their draft year.

I'm guessing Mitch Grigg will be one who ends up on one of their lists.

It’s certainly the right way to go about it, not give up first round picks, however 3 may or may not be to many.

If he hadn’t done already I recon Grigg got himself back on an AFL list with yesterday’s performance.

THE 2018 SANFL grand final will be “forever tainted” after this controversial side claimed victory, furious fans are claiming
NORTH Adelaide have defeated Norwood by 19 points in the SANFL grand final to complete a remarkable rags-to-riches tale.
North, coached by ex-AFL player Josh Carr, have risen from finishing bottom last year to win the premiership with a 19.10 (124) to 15.15 (105) triumph on Sunday.
The club’s spot in the grand final was only confirmed by the SANFL tribunal last Tuesday night after the club fielded an extra player for a period in their preliminary final victory.
The controversy was a hot talking point in the footy world as opposition stars took to social media to slam the “rigged” farce.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/c...y/news-story/40ad30a36476e84716ffd6cc6e3941b8
Glorious

Ex-AFL player Josh Carr

Ex-Port Adelaide player Nick Stevens

I get the previous game being called tainted, but the GF? All you had to do was win the game Norwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back