Under Age AFL U15s and U16s

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nat Fyfe, Elliot Yeo, Patrick Cripps and Liam Baker are from Aquinas.
Jason Carter, Tom Joyce, Jarrad Cameron and Kody Eaton from Aquinas all look like getting drafted this year.
2019 probables are Jeremy Sharp and Deven Robertson. Possibles are Trey Ruscoe and Tarkyn Brogan Henry.
2020 Logan McDonald

Hale have a few out there and some up and comers as well. Guildford are doing okay but I don't reckon they are number 1. IMO other schools are out producing them.
On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-04/teams-named-for-u17-futures-gf-curtainraiser

How much do you take from these teams and only one of the four (Sharp) being included on GF day? Just not enough rooms for them all in two teams?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-04/teams-named-for-u17-futures-gf-curtainraiser

How much do you take from these teams and only one of the four (Sharp) being included on GF day? Just not enough rooms for them all in two teams?
Deven Robertson has been selected in Reiwoldt team as well.
I am surprised Ruscoe not in. Played really well For EF last week and very good for AC all year.
Brogan Henry was really crook at the end/beginning of last/this year and fighting his way back to fitness. Has ability but will need to work hard to get back to his best and having the impact he was having last year again.
So only one stiff to miss is Ruscoe I reckon.

Deven Robertson has been selected in Reiwoldt team as well.
I am surprised Ruscoe not in. Played really well For EF last week and very good for AC all year.
Brogan Henry was really crook at the end/beginning of last/this year and fighting his way back to fitness. Has ability but will need to work hard to get back to his best and having the impact he was having last year again.
So only one stiff to miss is Ruscoe I reckon.

oh yes sorry, two in. Is this game a pretty good indicator of draftees?

Thoughts around Corey Durdin from SA. Dual AA and MVP this year. Has played some reserves footy at Centrals already too. Height looks to be a factor but cant see anything else stopping him?

From what I saw during the carnival he is a jet. Knows how to find it both inside and outside, good user and team player.

realistically speaking, height will nearly always be a factor. even a couple of centimetres. height isn't something anyone can do anything about - its in the lap of the gods. is 190cm+ the now average midfielder? I know there are shorter guys but they need something extra extra special now.

Yes, just like Tom Mitchell, Jack Viney, Steele Sidebottom, Dion Prestia...
yes exactly, they need the extra touch if they lack any size. and I'm talking averages here. I could have easily written Fyfe, Patrick Cripps, Pendlebury, Bont and between your examples and mine the average would start hitting 190cm as I suggested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes exactly, they need the extra touch if they lack any size. and I'm talking averages here. I could have easily written Fyfe, Patrick Cripps, Pendlebury, Bont and between your examples and mine the average would start hitting 190cm as I suggested.

I think height gets well overplayed as now supposedly an essential attribute for midfielders. Good footballers are good footballers regardless.

I think height gets well overplayed as now supposedly an essential attribute for midfielders. Good footballers are good footballers regardless.
yes but at what level? a good footballer at wafl level may not translate to a good footballer at afl simply due to his height. you read any future draft prospect post and often in the comments of "what they lack" is often size or height. if it wasn't important it wouldn't be mentioned.

From what I saw during the carnival he is a jet. Knows how to find it both inside and outside, good user and team player.

Yeah he is an out and out gun. Watched him a lot this year and he has pace but also power for his size. Also has the ability to play as a small leading forward which adds to his resume when projecting towards the next level. Wins it inside and outside. Is tough in the contest and loves to explode out of stoppages and run and carry. The most exciting kid at that age for SA is Riley Thilthorpe for mine though. He moves unbelievably well for someone his size and is like a 6.30 2k runner. Is brilliant below his knees and spreads as well as any mid. Reminds me a lot of Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back