Brownlow Medal Count 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought it might be an idea to have a thread .... have a feeling our boys will get more votes than usual this year.

DBeams, CRayner, JBerry, HMcCluggage and AWitherden might be our main vote getters..

Fagan is there, and I assume DBeams might be as well, any idea who else is there?

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread .... have a feeling our boys will get more votes than usual this year.

DBeams, CRayner, JBerry, HMcCluggage and AWitherden might be our main vote getters..

Fagan is there, and I assume DBeams might be as well, any idea who else is there?
L. Neale..... :)

I have two strong strong memories of football as a youngster in Melbourne. One is watching the night footy at the old Lakeside Oval in near darkness and the other is listening to the Brownlow count on the radio. It wasn't riveting listening.

Hopeful that a couple of Dizzy, Harris, Hugh, Bez, Witho and Cam can get their first career brownlow votes.

Only thing I'm reasonably sure about is that Harris will get 3 votes in our loss vs essendon - I don't know that any key defender had as dominant a single game this year (McGovern might have I guess).

I usually love seeing the glamorous WAGS at the Brownlow and marvel how they usually look just as pretty as any overseas celeb ... not tonight.

Most of them look awful, only a few I've liked. Not keen on the ott Mrs Bartel either.

Stef has a 3 and AlexW got a 1

The partners of our boys look stunning, no bias, they really look lovely.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell got 46 touches vs us in the first outing. Many thinking that games like that would determine if he won tonight. Thought Clug was very unlucky not to get 3 votes in that game, but happy Mitchell didn't get any.

Just saw the footage of the hit that Fyfe got rubbed out for. Hahaha, fair enough, rules are rules, but when you consider that Dipper, Lockett & Greg Williams all won brownlows, Fyfe's incident might (might) have been a free kick back in the day.

Sidebum might be a genuine chance here, my general feeling is that a good year improved as it went on, and given that there's going to be more votes for Collingwood from here on in...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back