2018 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect.

1990. Wright comes Second. We win the flag
2003. Bucks wins. Pies lose
2010. Swan comes third. Pies win.
2011. Swan wins. Pies lose.
2018. Sidebottom comes Second...

24 votes to Sidey - great effort , falling short of Mitchell by 4 votes. Melbourne's Brayshaw into 3rd with a bullet - two BOGs to finish despite AFL Predictor saying donuts lol
Just had a look. Statistically he was arguably BOG. The same predictor also had Mitchell with what 21votes and not even winning so it wasn't very accurate.

It also had Steele no where near 24 votes and second either!

If Cripps gets more protection and Carlton win more games he’ll win a Brownlow before he retires. Amazing footballer for his age
If only he played in the black and white, in our midfield. Our team would make him a dual brownlow medalist, unfortunately he plays for the LAST PLACED Carltank which is disappointing.

Not surprised at all. For those who play SuperCoach and get right into the stats, I think you’d agree that he’s a worthy winner. Titch had an absolutely awesome season.

Spewing Sidey couldn’t get home, but let’s look at the positives, we polled the most votes as a club so it speaks volumes of our ability to spread the load and the amount of quality we have.

Try and tell me at the start season that we’d have the rising star, second in the Brownlow, All-Australian’s, and a Grand Final appearance I wouldn’t have believed you. It’s here now and there’s bigger fish to fry than individual awards, it’s all about Saturday and I can guarantee you had Sidey won, he’d say the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe Phillips didn’t get a vote. Thought he was clearly BOG a few games this year.
I am in shock too.
He had 36 disposals and 1 goal against Bulldogs and was given the BOG medal but not a single vote.
He had 36 disposals the following week against Fremantle and 3 goals and not a single vote. Unbelievable.

That's just to name a few. Arguably the unluckiest player not to poll a single vote in a stellar season with some good games and arguably BOG games.

Not surprised at all. For those who play SuperCoach and get right into the stats, I think you’d agree that he’s a worthy winner. Titch had an absolutely awesome season.

Spewing Sidey couldn’t get home, but let’s look at the positives, we polled the most votes as a club so it speaks volumes of our ability to spread the load and the amount of quality we have.

Try and tell me at the start season that we’d have the rising star, second in the Brownlow, All-Australian’s, and a Grand Final appearance I wouldn’t have believed you. It’s here now and there’s bigger fish to fry than individual awards, it’s all about Saturday and I can guarantee you had Sidey won, he’d say the same thing.
I don't think anyone disputes the season Tom Mitchell had, but even back when it happened there were people scratching their heads over being let off for the Goldstein elbow to the head behind play.

Any other year I would have been shattered for one of our players not winning but this year we’ve got bigger fish to fry.

It is wonderful to see him getting the recognition he so richly deserves

I don't think anyone disputes the season Tom Mitchell had, but even back when it happened there were people scratching their heads over being let off for the Goldstein elbow to the head behind play.

He should pay Goldstein a visit and give the big fella a hug.. absolutely saved his skin.

Post match interview Goldy said he barely felt it, he thought a fly landed on him.. If he had of dropped to the ground like some do Mitchell would have got a week. Glad he didn't though, worthy winner.. Had a stellar season.

I am in shock too.
He had 36 disposals and 1 goal against Bulldogs and was given the BOG medal but not a single vote.
He had 36 disposals the following week against Fremantle and 3 goals and not a single vote. Unbelievable.

That's just to name a few. Arguably the unluckiest player not to poll a single vote in a stellar season with some good games and arguably BOG games.
He needs a new hairdo. Obviously the boots aren't working:think:

Well done Sidey. Not bad considering how non-elite and overrated you are!

Lol at Clarko's bit of comedy gold

Well both arguably have claims to have been the most influential players in the comp this year. Should have known the umps would never recognise it though

they both gained traction from mid season.
once the media started all the talk about Gawn & Grundy.
don't ever think the umpires don't follow the media hype.
umpires started to read & hear what great season they were were having, they start looking closely at them.
joke

Gonna be an avalanche of votes for Mitchell from here... multiple 40 plus possession games.

Well Mitchell does not have many Players to take his Vote that Steele has

Remove this Banner Ad

Back