Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

Geez tbh a first rounder at the end of last year would have been v appealing, though.
I'd have taken a fourth rounder, we could have drafted Hamish Brayshaw

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Would love to get Topkent thoughts ...

Good on the kid. I don't give a stuff about getting things wrong mate have before and will again.

He's not the 3rd best player in the AFL lol, I think Tulip Is clutching at straws if that's how he wants to rib me.

G.Ablett 14 Votes
C.Oliver 13 Votes so he clearly believes Ablett was better than Oliver this year

When you consider that Sidebottom and Mitchell both polled well in the first 3 rounds, he outpolled everyone from round 4 onwards. Bizarre.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Good on the kid. I don't give a stuff about getting things wrong mate have before and will again.

He's not the 3rd best player in the AFL lol, I think Tulip Is clutching at straws if that's how he wants to rib me.

G.Ablett 14 Votes
C.Oliver 13 Votes so he clearly believes Ablett was better than Oliver this year
Yeah no doubt mate ... it's just fun to give you s**t about it.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah no doubt mate ... it's just fun to give you s**t about it.

Oh I know. I'm carrying the torch for all the other blokes who haven't stuck their head up since he's been good, I'll end up being intrinsically linked to him like Jones and Biff.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Haha imagine if there was a 3rd place brownlow medal.

Anyone know the last bloke we had finish top 3?

Bruce or Yze?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It’s the era of red and blue. Get Gus, Oliver, Harmes, and Viney Training with Gawn over summer and staying fit and no one is beating that midfield next year

Grundy Pendles Treloar DeGoey Adams Sidebottom.

Natanui Yeo Redden Shuey Gaff

Pies and Eagles both have midfields that can beat us on the outside. Ours a good inside but theirs are still more rounded.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Haha imagine if there was a 3rd place brownlow medal.

Anyone know the last bloke we had finish top 3?

Bruce or Yze?
Yeah Yze in 2002 ... equal 3rd with Crawf and Voss on 17 votes

Since then we've only had 2 players finish in the Top 10 ... Jeff White was equal 10th in 2004 with 15 votes, and Beamer was equal 9th in 2011 with 19 (and hilariously tied with two Brownlow Medalists in Goodes and Priddis, as well was Marc Murphy ... so good to see all 4's careers follow a similar trajectory.

So he's polled the most votes for Melbourne in 18 years

It’s the era of red and blue. Get Gus, Oliver, Harmes, and Viney Training with Gawn over summer and staying fit and no one is beating that midfield next year
No longer in the Hunt, but just imagine someone like Gaff on the outside, it's already starting to become a dangerous midfield

Grundy Pendles Treloar DeGoey Adams Sidebottom.

Natanui Yeo Redden Shuey Gaff

Pies and Eagles both have midfields that can beat us on the outside. Ours a good inside but theirs are still more rounded.
Pendles is a gun, but age might catch him in the next couple of years. Jones has already dropped out of our core mid group now

Factor in Gaff might not be at WCE soon

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Pendles is a gun, but age might catch him in the next couple of years. Jones has already dropped out of our core mid group now

Factor in Gaff might not be at WCE soon

Our midfield is top 4 no doubt but it's too one dimensional still. The other thing the other 2 sides have is their small backs an forwards working up and back with leg speed.

Pies have Varcoe, Stephenson, Treloar, Hoskin- Elliot, Phillips, De Goey etc who are all lightning quick.

Eagles have Jetta Ryan Cripps and Rioli etc

We have Melksham Petracca Hannan...

Now all that legspeed means * all if our midfield wins the footy and gets it forward but Jones and Tyson need to be moved away from the wings for us to develop the next step.

Collingwood wins the flag for mine and they have set a new bench mark with the speed of their players.

Back