Toast Jaeger O'Meara 50 Games and beyond...

If we get nothing else from this year*, we’ve seen the emergence of a superstar.

*we’ve gotten a lot out of this year.

MadDawg

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2006
Counting cups
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The greatest team of all!
Yep Tigers were allowed to delay our players all night whether it be a marking contest or a free kick

It wasn't just against the Tigers, it has been happening all year, for all teams.

After being a big point of emphasis - holding the play up after a free is virtually not policed at all now.

Personally, I hate it. The game was better, more free-flowing and high-scoring when they cut this shite out.

Sleutheren

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
They bitch and moan about their free kick differential this year but that is a result of them pushing the boundary and asking the umpire to make a decision on the legality of pretty much every contested scenario. So many times, they get away with the 50/50 calls.
Their defenders push opposition players under the flight of the ball better than any side and good luck to them for getting away with it. It is funny though watching Jack Reiwoldt whinge when he cops any body contact . And the farcicial non-umpiring of their small ruckman has got beyond a joke. They push and interfere without infringement. What opposition big blokes need to do is jump and stick the knee into the rib cage at every contest. And their Doggies-inspired taking on the tackler and throwing the balls gets more benefit that it should.

These observations are not based on last nights game, these have been happening for a quite a while. Anyway, good luck to them if they can get away with it.
Nah * 'em

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It wasn't just against the Tigers, it has been happening all year, for all teams.

After being a big point of emphasis - holding the play up after a free is virtually not policed at all now.

Personally, I hate it. The game was better, more free-flowing and high-scoring when they cut this shite out.

Exactly, we do it too however. We're probably the worst team in the comp for delaying the ball back to the umpire for ball ups, throw ins and the like.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I'm absolutely gutted for the bloke, made great strides playing 21/23 this season and then his body let him down when it mattered most heading into a sudden death SF. He must be feeling down that he's unable to play in what would have been the biggest game of his career.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm absolutely gutted for the bloke, made great strides playing 21/23 this season and then his body let him down when it mattered most heading into a sudden death SF. He must be feeling down that he's unable to play in what would have been the biggest game of his career.
He'll be back for the prelim

Has the Club released any details about the funeral yet?

Probs same level as Birch, maybe a little more than Stratts.

I doubt that
Birch knows success and had a long run injury free and playing quality football. He has missed the entire season so I imagine while disappointed not overly fussed by now as he would know he would be going in underdone

JOM on the other hand was just hitting his straps and at the very moment he’s waited ten years for..... he would be shattered

Personally I think there’s more to this but I’m impressed that not a single murmur came out of the club and they then just drop the bombshell that to a man nobody expected.

I hope to be proven wrong should we get through to a prelim

I doubt that
Birch knows success and had a long run injury free and playing quality football. He has missed the entire season so I imagine while disappointed not overly fussed by now as he would know he would be going in underdone

JOM on the other hand was just hitting his straps and at the very moment he’s waited ten years for..... he would be shattered

Personally I think there’s more to this but I’m impressed that not a single murmur came out of the club and they then just drop the bombshell that to a man nobody expected.

I hope to be proven wrong should we get through to a prelim
Fine.

More than Birch.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Must've happened at training yesterday, given he was out on the track.

"Good" that it's his good knee this time

If knocks to his knees are going to be this much of an issue then perhaps Clarko should start using him more as an outside mid or a utility in the mold of what Burgoyne has been used. He could be just as damaging playing off half back or delivering it inside 50 from the wing.

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Theres no "good knee". Pretty sure the guy had surgery on both knees end of 2014.

Wonder if he woulda played the Prelim

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Theres no "good knee". Pretty sure the guy had surgery on both knees end of 2014.

There is no knee

nospoon.jpg

url

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots

That's correct. He had some bone shaved around the patella tendons on both knees at the end of that year.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A career best 13 Brownlow votes for O’Meara. Not bad for a player who is supposedly cooked according to the experts in media.

41 Brownlow votes between Mitchell and O’Meara.

“sold the farm”

:D

Back