Traded Eagles Pick 50+2018 1st for Gold Coast Picks21,26,37+2018 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

I did a points breakdown for the trade when it happened for various ladder positions after wondering if it was a good deal for WC.

WC finishing bottom 2 and GC top 8 was the just break even for GC.

But using last years ladder positions it was daylight robbery for WC. Even if both teams finished around 8-10, there was still a huge points bump for WC.

Crazy trade.

Last edited:

Gold Coast probably would have taken huge reaches with those picks anyway. I present as evidence Will Powell.

Not saying whether they'd have turned out well or not since we can't know beforehand. Just that they'd have reached.

"We need assistance because its hard for us to retain players!"

Doesnt help when your trade team are clueless idiots.
Clayton to Eagles is part of the deal too .

"We need assistance because its hard for us to retain players!"

Doesnt help when your trade team are clueless idiots.

Agree! but if things had of played out like most thought eagles finishing say 14th would of had 2.3.6

Luko.king.rankie wow weeee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok maybe he was smarter than we can give him credit for, stuffed over his old club on the way out heh
Well , pick 22 and pick 30 for Hanley look pretty smart also .

How does Clayton still have a job in this area...he is clueless. I'm assuming his new position is a demotion.

Nfi how to build a list from scratch and this trade plus the Weller trades were amateur hour.
Weller deal his hand been forced by Lachie, Dew and Evans , but should had done Ablett deal earlier and swap those second Rd pick for this year pick . Anyway maybe he is good at scouting players rather than making decision ( list manager ) .

One of the worst trades of the last 15 years.

The Weller deal not far behind.

Great attempt to kill a football club completely.

One of the worst trades of the last 15 years.

The Weller deal not far behind.

Great attempt to kill a football club completely.
To be fair if you were him you would do that also , guarantee you a job .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back