Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.domain.com.au/domain-re...d-masthead&utm_source=the-age&utm_medium=link

The link for those who wish to read. I'm happy to read that he appears in a good place. Wish for only the best for jobe. His thoughts on life are a nice reminder to all, don't look in the rear vision mirror, but look forward to what's next.
I particularly enjoyed the final paragraph:

“If I look back on what happened in 2016; there were all those feelings of fear and anxiety and pressure and uncertainty, but that was where all the opportunities for everything that happened came from. At the time, I wouldn’t have thought anything like that. That’s often, I think, the case – change creates so much uncertainty and fear, but that’s where the growth is.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't watch free to air tv. Did he have anything interesting to say? When's the baby due and is it a boy?

He doesn’t have a interest in footy and watches next to nothing which is sad.

Said when he was 5 he was in the match committee with his dad and Sheedy asked what they needed. Jobe yells out we need more speed in the team after watching a footy segment during the week. Sheeds that week put Long into the team

Said his kid is lucky to get the name Watson as his partners mother maiden name is HoeFukker

He was actually pretty funny with his brutal honesty and quirks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back