Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae out running laps the day after the brownlow on his 'holidays' according to Jayden Shae's Instagram.

Legend.
42526257_10156912492333296_6944247168785973248_n.jpg

Murphy’s comments about Dahl were about as tame as criticism gets. It’s the sort of thing captains, coaches, etc say about their own players every week; “needs to lift” “he’d be the first one to admit”, etc. People in the media frequently go much harder than that.

Dahl’s response was really immature. Particularly as the comments were made weeks ago. Deleting all of his Bulldogs photos is schoolgirl stuff.

God you people are so biased it’s sickening

Do any of you have the ability to look at things logically?

I see a very upset young man( and yes he is still a young man his after hours activities prove this) lashing out. Although it’s not a clever thing to do and very immature its just a reaction.

Looks like he is clearly very hurt by the club telling him he can go ( deservedly or not ) and this is his rebuttal.

I’m not condoning it but try and look at it through both eyes.

And when did all his bulldog stuff get deleted from insta? How do any of you know the club didn’t ask him to take it all down after his unmotivated comments?

You all scream and shout for help for Boyd when this kid clearly needs a helping hand right now regardless himgone or not.

And I’m sick of people saying Dahl is no good, he was pivotal to our flag and has battled his tiny a$$off for years

Grow up the lot of you

I see a very upset young man

I see a person with about seven years experience in a professional sporting environment who hasn't learnt how to handle a bit of public comment on his recent form. Luke is the one who needs to grow.

I see a person with about seven years experience in a professional sporting environment who hasn't learnt how to handle a bit of public comment on his recent form. Luke is the one who needs to grow.

This wasn’t public comment it was a comment from a guy he has probably looked up to for a long time.

Again I’m not saying it was right but why not try look at things from both sides good and bad.

Don’t tell me OUR club has handled things well of late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God you people are so biased it’s sickening

Do any of you have the ability to look at things logically?

I see a very upset young man( and yes he is still a young man his after hours activities prove this) lashing out. Although it’s not a clever thing to do and very immature its just a reaction.

Looks like he is clearly very hurt by the club telling him he can go ( deservedly or not ) and this is his rebuttal.

I’m not condoning it but try and look at it through both eyes.

And when did all his bulldog stuff get deleted from insta? How do any of you know the club didn’t ask him to take it all down after his unmotivated comments?

You all scream and shout for help for Boyd when this kid clearly needs a helping hand right now regardless himgone or not.

And I’m sick of people saying Dahl is no good, he was pivotal to our flag and has battled his tiny a$$off for years

Grow up the lot of you

Logically you say?

Considering his childish barb was clearly aimed at Bob Murphy, Im not at all sure how you've extrapolated that into him acting "like he is clearly very hurt by the club. telling him he can go."

The rest is just your usual grab bag of complete nonsense and strawmen.

Logically you say?

Considering his childish barb was clearly aimed at Bob Murphy, Im not at all sure how you've extrapolated that into him acting "like he is clearly very hurt by the club. telling him he can go."

The rest is just your usual grab bag of complete nonsense and strawmen.

I’m not surprised you can think with both sides. In fact I expect that from you now

And I get absolute amusement out of the irrelevant that has liked your comment, I haven’t read one of its for months yet it mashes the like button every post against me

Haha to be that bothered by anyone on social media you have had zero interaction with for months is beyond pathetic. Keep masking that like button I love it.

Back on topic everything I said re Dahl is reasonable and sensible, it may not be the way to approach things but we all can’t be perfect like the flock of BF bulldog self appointed angels

Dahl made a mistake and is acting slightly dickhead-ish. It's a shame his exit has become soured but I can't really be mad at a player for leaving when it appears it was more a result of the club no longer wanting to invest that kind of time and/or money into him.

Deleting all the Dogs stuff from his instagram is childish, but I reckon it's something he'll regret doing when it's all said and done. Also something we'll probably all forget when the next Bulldogs-related headline rolls around. If anything I think if something like this happened in the middle of a season it'd be incredibly minor, but we've had no real Dogs news in a little while, we need something to talk about, and here we are. But I'm not too bothered by any of what he's done.

Think we needed to move on from Dahl for game plan purposes, but will always appreciate what he brought every game.

This wasn’t public comment it was a comment from a guy he has probably looked up to for a long time.

Again I’m not saying it was right but why not try look at things from both sides good and bad.

Don’t tell me OUR club has handled things well of late

Disagree with your first point, Bob is now a year removed from the club as a player and is clearly spending his time discussing football in public. Definitely a position in which he should pick his words carefully but as others have said it sounds like he did attempt just that.

I do think I've tried to look at it from both sides, but the answer I keep coming to is a professional of his length of service in the industry should have better tools at hand to deal with the issue than a string of childish posts on social media. Surely he has Bob's number, did he try to contact him and tell him how upset/annoyed/pissed off he is? Did he ask anybody else to pass the message on if he was too annoyed to do it personally? I guess we don't know for certain, but it's unlikely. Is there not a player welfare officer in the club who could have contacted Bob on Luke or the club's behalf and tell him? Bob surely seems like the type to be willing to have that conversation if someone has an issue with something he said.

If Luke had at least a few of these options at his disposal to handle this then he made bad choices by going the way he did, and he rightly deserves some negative feedback for it.

Disagree with your first point, Bob is now a year removed from the club as a player and is clearly spending his time discussing football in public. Definitely a position in which he should pick his words carefully but as others have said it sounds like he did attempt just that.

I do think I've tried to look at it from both sides, but the answer I keep coming to is a professional of his length of service in the industry should have better tools at hand to deal with the issue than a string of childish posts on social media. Surely he has Bob's number, did he try to contact him and tell him how upset/annoyed/pissed off he is? Did he ask anybody else to pass the message on if he was too annoyed to do it personally? I guess we don't know for certain, but it's unlikely. Is there not a player welfare officer in the club who could have contacted Bob on Luke or the club's behalf and tell him? Bob surely seems like the type to be willing to have that conversation if someone has an issue with something he said.

If Luke had at least a few of these options at his disposal to handle this then he made bad choices by going the way he did, and he rightly deserves some negative feedback for it.

I never said what he did wasn’t smart or good mate

I’m just trying to state it looks obvious he is really hurt and has lashed out. Again I don’t condone that but this isn’t just a “go f&ck yourself” to bob and or the dogs imo.

I’m not blaming the club or bob either just saying if you look at it clearly he is obviously upset.

Both in the wrong on this one. Might as well just move on

Although there is another side of it for Murphy. Missing out on that premiership would have killed him. And we should have been cherry ripe for another go at it in 2017. Knowing it was his last chance and seeing players not put the same effort in would be devastating to him. He would know more than us about the effort they put in. Personally i thought Dahl always put in 100% into games in 2017. Maybe it was training and other development he was referring to. If the "group" of players had of put more effort in and improved, it could have offset M.Boyd and Murphy coming to the end. You never know but it's possible.

Same goes for the off-field staff. Seeing coaches being put into roles where they weren't as good, i'd be pissed off at that too. Sounds a bit selfish but they play for premierships and Murphy missed a massive opportunity which would hurt like hell.

"Haha to be that bothered by anyone on social media you have had zero interaction with for months is beyond pathetic"

Haha for Dalhaus to be bothered by Bob Murphy who he's had zero interaction with for months is beyond pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Which year/s were they all in the team?
They never all played together. Contessa finished in 2001, Libba in 2002. Minson was drafted at the end of 2002, Cooney and Ray 2003, Morris 2005 etc.

There are a few blokes who were on the list at the same time as all of them there (Murphy, Gia, Hargrave) so maybe its an event for one of those guys rather then a specific Dogs reunion. I'd guess it's something that Gia put on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back