Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the U/18 gf, tuned in at the start of the 2nd quarter and heard these two pearlers within a few minutes of each other.

Dal Santo : Talking about Dean Anderson's son, Noah. He's a competer.

Dickson : Will Kelly, he didn't put himself in a position where he was out beaten, but it was just a great kick to put Williams...…………...

I didn't mind JB today calling the preliminary final the prelimination final.

He corrected himself but on googling it, it seems like some local leagues actually do use the term 'prelimination' rather than 'preliminary'. I can only find the term being used 4 times on BigFooty, so it's definitely a rare one.

I didn't mind JB today calling the preliminary final the prelimination final.

He corrected himself but on googling it, it seems like some local leagues actually do use the term 'prelimination' rather than 'preliminary'. I can only find the term being used 4 times on BigFooty, so it's definitely a rare one.

I googled 'competer' and the 2nd meaning listed in the urban dictionary wasn't really fit to post on here so I just left it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the footy seasons are over, I'l reveal my favourite boganism of the year. It's from rugby league. On the Sunday night Matty Johns show, the panel were interviewing North Queensland Cowboys coach Paul Green. Green was coach of their 2015 premiership. Brett Finch asked Paul Green, ''was there a moment where yous thought yous would win the premiership?''

Now that the footy seasons are over, I'l reveal my favourite boganism of the year. It's from rugby league. On the Sunday night Matty Johns show, the panel were interviewing North Queensland Cowboys coach Paul Green. Green was coach of their 2015 premiership. Brett Finch asked Paul Green, ''was there a moment where yous thought yous would win the premiership?''

Reminds of those Blue Haven pool's TV ad with Jeff Fenech...

"Yous too can have a Blue Haven pool"

Sounds like something Andy Maher would say.

Danny Frawley (the idiots pin up) on Saturday: "It's good to see the draft is finally working and making the competition more even at long last"

Deathly silence in the box as everyone else knew the draft first commenced over 30 years ago

'Positiveness', 'creativeness', 'aggressiveness', etc. What's wrong with the language we already have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back