Recommitted Brandon Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn’t North be keen to bring in a player that would be top 10-15 on their list? This may be hard for you to comprehend as a Carlton supporter, but some clubs actually aim to improve their lists in the off-season.

North are going about it the right way by seeking an bloke as decorated as Ellis. If they manage to snag him I’ll have to reasses my claims they will slide. He changed our culture in the 2017 pre-season.

Jeez, top 10 to 15 player.

You guys had a year of long overdue fun lording it over everyone, but Friday night has burst that balloon.

Back in your box for a while Tigs.

We may well have ENQUIRED about Ellis, clubs enquire about lots of players. Essendon asked us about Cunners last year.

But we're not "desperate" to get him. And I strongly doubt he will end up at North.

Your small forwards sure, I can totally believe that, fits a need.

So you're saying this thread is the result of a four day bender?
I know this may seem hard to believe, but posting on BigFooty is not at the front of my mind when I’m at the pub with Richmond players.

If you want to discuss the results of a four day bender you’re welcome to PM me. I can start by discussing at length the density of my bowel movements :)

I know this may seem hard to believe, but posting on BigFooty is not at the front of my mind when I’m at the pub with Richmond players.

If you want to discuss the results of a four day bender you’re welcome to PM me. I can start by discussing at length the density of my bowel movements :)

It just amuses me that you've been posting since and inclusive of Saturday yet this nugget of information wasn't worthy until now.

Grizza what happened to Gosha ? Your reliability is up there with rance's when forced to play on an opponent.

This is how this rumour comes out: Ellis wears a North jumper on mad Monday last year - hur hur hur. Jokes on him because he's a fringe player for the entire 2018 campaign. Tigers get bundled out of the finals. Tiger troll remembers mad Monday jokes from last year; has been obsessed with North ever since the dusty hunt; and puts both together in a feeble attempt as "insider info"

Arrest my case.

Richmond repeating its mistakes of yore. Ditching the likes of Ellis and Ellis, going all in a big name recruit.

Neither is much chop, that's why .... especially CEllis.
And no, not just saying this now .. I was firmly in that camp a long time ago, to the point of being banned from threads on him and booted from my own club's board. He's been a huge disappointment for a pick 12 and I doubt he will emerge from his shell away from family and friends in Melbourne up on the Coast.
We have way more promising younger players on the list than either.
BEllis I can have staying or going - I think he won't be best 22 going forward, but handy enough as depth.
Butler for one will step in ahead of him from the 22 on Friday night; potentially add Lynch (not saying for certain) and he goes two back in the queue; then add a first rounder and I'd take Baker and Townsend before him.

Last edited:
U can see Jack Reiwoldt is getting on with Lynch coming will help ease some pressure and the tall full forwards don't come that easy
Neither is much chop, that's why .... especially CEllis.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grizza what happened to Gosha ? Your reliability is up there with rance's when forced to play on an opponent.

This is how this rumour comes out: Ellis wears a North jumper on mad Monday last year - hur hur hur. Jokes on him because he's a fringe player for the entire 2018 campaign. Tigers get bundled out of the finals. Tiger troll remembers mad Monday jokes from last year; has been obsessed with North ever since the dusty hunt; and puts both together in a feeble attempt as "insider info"

Arrest my case.
Thought it was Broad that did the North dress up thing for some reason lol. As for the rest of it, I have been nothing but civil to North supporters on here and I’m encouraging genuine discussion surrounding a contracted Richmond player that you guys have enquired about - FACT. I would’ve thought the logical thing to do if you don’t like/believe the B. Ellis links would be to avoid the thread all together, but here you are manufacturing something that isn’t there, while your buddies take pot shots at me and Richmond. Don’t be like them. Don’t let your sensitivity stop you from making worthwhile contributions.

Why are Richmond supporters like this? Half your players are worth sfa

You guys have a lot of solid role players, who will all falter under another club's structure.

If Ellis were to go, expect a pick in the 50s
I get what you’re saying, but Ellis’ best football was in a completely different structure (when he made the AA squad).

I hope we aren't looking at this guy. He comes to my work fairly often and is not a great bloke. Also a fringe player that doesn't really fit a need. From a club that won as many cups as we did this season.

No thank you.

Why are Richmond supporters like this? Half your players are worth sfa

You guys have a lot of solid role players, who will all falter under another club's structure.

If Ellis were to go, expect a pick in the 50s

I'll give you the tip ... few, if any players, who are not best 22 (unless they're a first rounder who has been injured in his first and second years) are worth bugger all.

I hope we aren't looking at this guy. He comes to my work fairly often and is not a great bloke. Also a fringe player that doesn't really fit a need. From a club that won as many cups as we did this season.

No thank you.

I feel his shortcomings would be exacerbated in an inferior team .. not being derogatory to North as I actually rate your team, but short of top six at this point.
Our structure and systems hid his flaws.

I feel his shortcomings would be exacerbated in an inferior team .. not being derogatory to North as I actually rate your team, but short of top six at this point.
Our structure and systems hid his flaws.
Yeah nah thats fair, when you have a system and core group that wins games everybody else on the field is going to look 5x better.

I'll give you the tip ... few, if any players, who are not best 22 (unless they're a first rounder who has been injured in his first and second years) are worth bugger all.
Wow nice tip

Setterfield, Moore, LDU, Forgarty, Coffield, Preuss, Brander must all be worth bugger all then? Right?

I miss the days when Richmond supporters kept their bragging/posting to a minimum.

Surely North are sending their 1st pick to Port for Polec.

We are and the only way we send our first to the Tigers for Ellis is if their first and second come back with him.

Why wouldn’t North be keen to bring in a player that would be top 10-15 on their list?

North are going about it the right way by seeking an bloke as decorated as Ellis. If they manage to snag him I’ll have to reasses my claims they will slide. He changed our culture in the 2017 pre-season.

I didn't say they wouldn't be interested, I said they wouldn't be desperate. Which they very clearly wouldn't be.

Quit the subtle trolling. You're not as subtle as you think, and there are other places you can troll your heart out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back